OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7




Listeners @

'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: world cup draw 2010 !!!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The cultural center of England.....Birmingham
    Posts
    1,969

    world cup draw 2010 !!!

    what was the odds on getting Croatia again !!!!! big grudge match thats going to be not too bad group though

    group 6

    England
    Croatia
    Ukraine
    Belarus
    Andorra
    Kazakhastan ( borat lol )


    Rep ireland with Italy

    scotland with Holland

    Wales get germany
    AVFC

    PS3 gamer name simzzzz

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    242
    blimey yous English are pure dead jammy. mind you that being said they got the easiest lookin group last time too

    Bonnie Scotland get Holland and Norway.

    Cannae wait should be great :saltire:

    I reckon both teams can get there

    Please ID - House - bleepy love

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    15,887
    How the fook did that happen, 5 European teams in the same group?

    Looking for the perfect beat.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,127
    Thats a decent draw, hopefully be able to get through, although they will dramatically need to improve, and somehow find a decent keeper

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The cultural center of England.....Birmingham
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
    How the fook did that happen, 5 European teams in the same group?
    lol, all of the Euro teams are drawn together as are all the other continents, the winners of the groups quality for finals along with the rest of the winners of the other continent groups to form the world finalists.
    with jet lag and shite like time difference it makes sense
    AVFC

    PS3 gamer name simzzzz

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    15,887
    Ah right, a new formula

    I didn't even know Kazakhastan was in Europe

    Still, least we haven't been drawn with any South American big guns

    Looking for the perfect beat.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Rollin' in my 5.0 with my rag top down so my hair can blow
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by simzzzz View Post
    lol, all of the Euro teams are drawn together as are all the other continents, the winners of the groups quality for finals along with the rest of the winners of the other continent groups to form the world finalists.
    with jet lag and shite like time difference it makes sense

    Spot on lol Its always been like that Jiglo, and for as long as i can remember countries in and around turkey/cyprus/greece etc are classed as european, i presume kazakhastan is the same. At the same time thats why we've not been drawn against south american teams as they are against other americas countries to qualify

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
    Ah right, a new formula

    I didn't even know Kazakhastan was in Europe

    Still, least we haven't been drawn with any South American big guns

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dysfunction Junction
    Posts
    7,606
    might as well be me then..........


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    15,887
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Spot on lol Its always been like that Jiglo, and for as long as i can remember countries in and around turkey/cyprus/greece etc are classed as european, i presume kazakhastan is the same. At the same time thats why we've not been drawn against south american teams as they are against other americas countries to qualify
    You sure mate?

    The last World Cup draw I saw, they put the 8 seeded teams first, and had teams grouped from Europe, the Americas together and had Asian/Astralasian teams grouped too. Then they picked teams from different bags to ensure there was an even spread of world teams in each group.

    Looking for the perfect beat.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Disco Outcast
    Posts
    988
    Get ready for a 2 year rollercoaster ride. This is England we're talking about don't forget!

    (seen it all too many times before)
    ***********


    "Everyone gets caught up in ths f**ing categorizing shit, but at the end of the day you've got good shit and bad shit. You've got music you can feel and music you just want to throw away."

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The cultural center of England.....Birmingham
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiglo View Post
    You sure mate?

    The last World Cup draw I saw, they put the 8 seeded teams first, and had teams grouped from Europe, the Americas together and had Asian/Astralasian teams grouped too. Then they picked teams from different bags to ensure there was an even spread of world teams in each group.
    they do that for the actual world cup finals Jiglo mate. in the qualifiers to see who reaches the finals, its just teams from their own continent that play each other and the top 2 from each group in Europe go through to play the worlds best teams from their conintents.

    its a different set up again for teams from Oceania, South America, Africa etc...
    AVFC

    PS3 gamer name simzzzz

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by simzzzz View Post
    what was the odds on getting Croatia again !!!!! big grudge match thats going to be not too bad group though

    I know I had to laugh when I saw that

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Spot on lol Its always been like that Jiglo, and for as long as i can remember countries in and around turkey/cyprus/greece etc are classed as european, i presume kazakhastan is the same.
    I think it's a bit of wierd one as to which countries are in Europe.

    Russia are in and that country extends further east than Thailand or Japan! So if they're in so are all the former Soviet republics as well - Kazakhastan, Ukraine etc.

    Greece have definitely always been in Europe, and Turkey has always had the ancient border between Asia and Europe so they can choose (and I'd deffo choose Europe over Asia if I was them).

    The wierdest one is Israel though - it's deffo in the Middle East but they can't play with the countries around them casue they've pissed them all off too much so they're in Europe (including the Eurovision and Uefa etc).

    The group stages have definitely always been based on locations; South America, Europe etc, although the highest placed non-automatically placed teams (3rd place in their group or whatever) can play in a play-off with someone from a different location.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Roamin wild on the Costa del Ching
    Posts
    1,846
    The wierdest one is Israel though - it's deffo in the Middle East but they can't play with the countries around them casue they've pissed them all off too much so they're in Europe (including the Eurovision and Uefa etc).

    Actually Jonno I would have said they were North American, no, on second thoughts I would say the U.S. was Israeli

    -Myk-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •