The Best "Last Record" Ever...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Ok, here's one which makes for an interesting pub discussion, what is the best "last record" to be played in a club?

Everyone's got a different opinion on this so let's create a fictional situation:
you're the DJ and you've just played the set of your life. The crowd want one more record and you've got the chance to round off the perfect night - what do you play???

There's no rules on being genre-specific here so you can choose anything - House, Soul, Funk, Disco etc - it's just got to be a killer track to send everyone home happy.

Here's a couple of suggestions to start off...

Richie Havens - "Going Back To My Roots"
Zoe - "Sunshine On A Rainy Day"
Bob Marley - "Could You be Loved"

Over to you... get your thinking caps on.

(Note to mods: I've put this here to throw it open "to the floor" - if you think it needs moving to Music Chat then feel free to do so!)

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
good shout on richie havens, all time classic last tune.

Two others that i would mention are sterling void-alright, so uplifting and emotive. Also dilemma-in spiritphones: phones:

mrshifter

Jan 20, 2005
Dodge City
Two others that i would mention are sterling void-alright, so uplifting and emotive. Also dilemma-in spiritphones: phones:

Went to an Ark at Leeds Uni once and when the lights came up they announced that somebody had died in a car crash that night on their way to the night. Cue 'Dilemma - In Spirit'. Not a dry eye in the house :thumbsup:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Together in Electric Dreams - Moroder and Okey.

Class Tune if played at the right time as demonstrated by Ali Cooke (RIP) at Basics.

Grown men crying an all that stuff! (even in Leeds). Strong biscuits.

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Marina Van Rooy - Let You Go
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
Happy Mondays - Step On
The last tune at Blue Monkey in Sunderland was KWS - Please Don't Go, most people don't like it but i love it