Vinyl Cutting

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Anyone ever had one of those everlasting dubplates cut? Want to get one done, but not to sure about what the quality will be like, so if anyone's got any info I'd apprecitate it

ta :thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
So is it any worse than a badly produced/pressed normal vinyl? Would you get away with playing it or is it really going to stand out in a set as sounding totally naff?

skinny

Jul 11, 2004
So is it any worse than a badly produced/pressed normal vinyl? Would you get away with playing it or is it really going to stand out in a set as sounding totally naff?

it certainly wont last you very long...from what ive been told anyway :|

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Aye, but that's the expensive option!

Where'd ya get them done Easty?

Not if you buy Denon it isn't £349 (buy 2 for less than the price of 1 Pioneer) and they are better imo.

;)

If you bought 10 x dub plates are around £50 a pop there's £500 quid wasted imo

They won't last that long, limited plays, are very brittle so if you drop it or knock it, it can shatter - complete waste of time - the CDJ option is the way to go in this day and age, you can cut one of your own tracks to CD-R and play it without the need to involve any 3rd party company and there's also no delay in getting it done as you do it yourself at home, that's got to be a winner over the process of doing it the dub plate way.

:D

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
if i didnt already have a pioneer cdj 1000, i would deffo invest in one of these denons as mentioned by jammer. they got mp3 playback(only the 1000mk 3 by pioneer or 800 mk 2 has that option) and for a fraction of the price, so enabling you to buy 2 for the same price as a single pioneer unit.
as for the dubstudio dubs they are class, well worth the money in my opinion. but for ease of playing stuff you aint got on the cd's its a lot easier than sending stuff to dubstudio n waiting for the dub to arrive.
DAMO;)