Best Mix CD Ever?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Whats the best official mix CD package?

Obviously Renaissance VOL 1 is the Daddy, But what other more obscure proper mix CD'S hit the mark?

Various - The House Collection Volume 1

IMHO this 1st Fantazia mix is fantastic, the parky mix is proper uplifting vocals packed full of anthemz, but the Mike C mix hits the spot for me (apart from pizzaman:mad: ) its packed full of trancey mids 90's house, most of em quite obscurephones: ....the Luv Dup mix is ok although they can't mix for shit:cry:

rich_m

Jun 26, 2007
Stoke on Trent
For me it has to be the first Cream CD back in '94 mixed by Bleasdale / Tong etc. A legendary cd that was at the start of the 'mix compliation' craze with tunes from Billie Ray Martin / Sound of Eden / Loni Clarke etc. A good mix of vocal house and some of the harder stuff aswell.

A really nice mix.

Michie

VIP Silver Member
Jul 5, 2007
Stoke
I still really like any of the Sessions cd's (Civilles and cole being a fave) but you cant beat renaissance mix collection 2. Oh and also most of the JDJ series and mixmag live stuff. You shouldnt have got me started on this subject, i could be here a long time :p

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Too many to think of - but of the top of my head the back2basics triple cd in the round tin - Derrick Carter / Ralph Lawson / Andy Weatherall......

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Loads but one that I kept hammering loads was...

Fabric Live 19 - Andrew Weatherall

That was pure class that, mixing and selection both superb 10/10

bren

Oct 10, 2007
mine are

sasha live in avalon last year on ableton
globalunderground 9 13 both sasha ones :cool:

*M*A*R*C*U*S*

Aug 9, 2007
THIS!

Various - Street Sounds UK Electro

It's singularly what made me want to mix records - this & nothing else. It was the 1st tape I bought that was mixed / sequenced - I didn't even realise it was going to be when i bought it - I was just heavily into breaking at the time, & I bought all sorts of tapes back then - just cause it was vaguely 'electro'! It wasn't what I was expecting at all - it blew me away! No turning back after listening to that.

pleasuredrom2

Nov 6, 2006
WIGAN
I put The House Collection Volume 1 on last weekend - didn't think it sounded half as good as when first bought - pretty disappointed after all these years.

For me: Journeys By DJ Volume 4: Silky Mix With John Digweed

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
There's only 1....
Coldcut- Journeys by DJ (and nothing else even comes close, apart from from DK & DJ Food present Solid Steel).

Journeys by DJ - Norman Jay. Absolute class, and a right royal mix up of all sorts to boot, second track in Patti Jo - Make me Believe in You. Hall and Oates - Maneater, Keymatic - Breakin' In Space and to top it all off Blacker by the Ballistic Brothers. The man has been around forever and a day, and his selection on this mix is timeless!

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
This is my favourite CD ever

Best of Mixmag Live

Various - The Best Of Mixmag Live

Its brilliantly mixed by a real DJ phones: ....unlike the renaissance CD :p

Classy and varied tracklist, some of the very best dance music from a variety of genres.

Highly recommended :thumbsup:

Oh and best of all it was free with mixmag :D