Discogs Submissions

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Can anyone tell me please what this bit means what info they are actually after - find it a bit misleading??

Submission notes

Be sure to include a full and detailed justification for your submission. You should supply any and all information / links to proofs you have relating to the justification of this submission.

tbh what kind of justification or proof do you have other than having the record in your hands :confused:

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Can anyone tell me please what this bit means what info they are actually after - find it a bit misleading??

Submission notes

Be sure to include a full and detailed justification for your submission. You should supply any and all information / links to proofs you have relating to the justification of this submission.

tbh what kind of justification or proof do you have other than having the record in your hands :confused:

if youve done all you can, then ignore :)

djpileup

Jun 11, 2007
Scotland
Anything that proves the record exists will make your submission stronger. A photo or scan of the record sleeve or perhaps of a magazine review. A link to an official artist website or another respected website with details of the release.

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Debs, I posted a fair few posts about the nightmares I had when I first tried to add tunes to oggs:mad:

But to be fair once you get the hang of it, its not as hard as it seems (Ive managed to add 7 now!) and have 8 pending!!

The thing that will do your brain in is the time it takes for it to be submitted:| prepare for at least a month before you get any response from a mod:p

Again to be fair to the mods, it must be a nightmare considering the volume of tunes they have to look at:D

Debs, I posted a fair few posts about the nightmares I had when I first tried to add tunes to oggs:mad:

But to be fair once you get the hang of it, its not as hard as it seems (Ive managed to add 7 now!) and have 8 pending!!

The thing that will do your brain in is the time it takes for it to be submitted:| prepare for at least a month before you get any response from a mod:p

Again to be fair to the mods, it must be a nightmare considering the volume of tunes they have to look at:D

aye tbh debs at 1st its very frustrating :mad: (the term pissing in the wind comes to mind:p ) but its gets easier as u get into it a bit more, plus some of the mods can be very helpfull:thumbsup: at times ,ive even had things submitted within 2 days:eek: , still got hundreds of cds thats not on yet but ill get round to them one day, for now i only try n submit rare stuff im selling thats not already on there ,

Last edited:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
It's mad. Sometimes they go through in a couple of hours, sometimes it takes months.

I've got one been sat there since 21st September... sort it out! lol

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Didnt find the process too difficult to be honest just that particular bit confused me as to what it was asking for lol - i mean err i have the recod thats proof enough ;)

failing that it was a sinch :rolleyes: one of the mods has looked at one of my submissions although still on 50 at the mo :thumbsup: they can take as much time as they like as long as my bit is all done :p ill get some more on this eve as i have a good number not listed :|

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Didnt find the process too difficult to be honest just that particular bit confused me as to what it was asking for lol - i mean err i have the recod thats proof enough ;)

failing that it was a sinch :rolleyes: one of the mods has looked at one of my submissions although still on 50 at the mo :thumbsup: they can take as much time as they like as long as my bit is all done :p ill get some more on this eve as i have a good number not listed :|

send me a link to ur submissions :)