bez - freaky dancin

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
well what can i say, just finished this book and it was fooking brilliant:D :thumbsup: what an entertaining read. how many hire cars can you trash on the rocks;) im not really a big mondays fan, dont get me wrong i like the music and went to see em play back in the day, but all the roses, carpets, james, type bands were not my 1st choice of music back then,
but if you liked them or not, if youve not read this book, get it read. dare i say 1 of the best books ive ever read:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool: mad fookers the lot of them,:crazy:
cant belive how naughty bez has been over the years, but his honesty in this book makes him come across as as sound as fook, and funny as hell. now thats what i call a journey........cracking read:D :thumbsup:

Sully

Jul 14, 2003
Manchester
www.S-30.co.uk
read this meself a while ago, its well written and humorous with it, gives an insight into the early days of house and drugs before the gangs got involved, interesting to read that alot of the main players made their money and retired abroad even before the trouble started in the hac in the late 80's...... clever guys........

woody

Quality book. Read it on holiday earlier this year :thumbsup: quite poorly written in parts imo just shows his lack of intelligence/education, and i found it quite hard to get into in the early stages, but its quite compelling when you get into it and hes telling of his tales in travels to Morrocco and the like...
you could never get away thesedays tho :D :tonksi: defo worth a read:thumbsup:

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
Read this book twice...it's an easy read, but dont think that's necessarily a bad thing. Has everything you want from this kinda book, humour, drug taking, music and a great real life characters you can relate to...top banana:thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
haha,:D started reding it again last night. well tracked back to the meeting of x, chapter. i somehow lost the plot 1/2 way through, and wasn't quite sure who the x character was, and wondered why there was no mention of shaun:$ mind u i was never the brightest button on the coat;) :D
will deffo give it another read, id say its the second most enjoyable read after, rusty thomas - marching powder:cool: . got altered state to read next. then its another visit to amazon, where i will no doubt, get sucked in by all the amazon recomendations:crazy: and buy a shelf full:D

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
The best book i've ever read :cool:

I take some of Bez's account with a pinch of salt, but there's no denying that he's a fascinating and funny character and i'm sure the core of the book is true to what really happened, you just couldn't make it up haha :thumbsup: :D

I want to read Ryder's book next to get a different angle on the lives of the Mancunian nutcases and will certainly have to come back and read this again sometime I reckon.

Defo not an easy book to put down;)

Sully

Jul 14, 2003
Manchester
www.S-30.co.uk
if you like marching powder then defo read 'powder wars' (by Graham Johnson), its about paul grimes, scouse gangster who turned super grass, he had a hand in the cases against curtis warren aka 'cocky' (another good read) and john haase (the dealer who was released early by the government).

goldie 'nine lives' is also a good one........

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Read freaky dancin & Me and the Mondays, both top books. Cant remember which book it was in but pmsl when Shaun Ryder spoke about when some ladies told him what a nice person he was for allowing that young disabled boy to dance on stage with them lol:D

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
3.50, you've been had mate :moonie: :p

Bought mine for less than a quid (I think) and as good as new from the used section on Amazon :thumbsup: :D