Upcoming Fights

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Yes yes, what a sporting end to the year in store where my fav sport of boxing takes over the limelight for a few weeks. Two once in a generation fights within the space of 6 weeks - Calzaghe v Kessler & Hatton v Mayweather

Both are extremley difficult to predict but starting with Saturday, undoubtedly Calzaghe's hardest fight.

Kessler: Undefeated, tough, hard punching, double world champ who has 6 years on Calzaghe....saying that doesn't has the range of boxing skills Joe has and hasn't fought anyone near Calzaghes class. He beat Beyer and Ottke who ran from Calzaghe for 10 years but wouldn't read into it too much - Danny's prediction - Joe to win on points

Hatton / Mayweather

Mayweather is undoubtedly the talent of his era and has won 5 titles at different weights. Question is has he underestimated Hatton? If Rickys fights dirty he'll stand a chance but he can't outbox him - gotta avoid gettin cut as well
Heart says Ricky but brain says Mayweather on points

Can't wait :thumbsup:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
Yes yes, what a sporting end to the year in store where my fav sport of boxing takes over the limelight for a few weeks. Two once in a generation fights within the space of 6 weeks - Calzaghe v Kessler & Hatton v Mayweather

Both are extremley difficult to predict but starting with Saturday, undoubtedly Calzaghe's hardest fight.

Kessler: Undefeated, tough, hard punching, double world champ who has 6 years on Calzaghe....saying that doesn't has the range of boxing skills Joe has and hasn't fought anyone near Calzaghes class. He beat Beyer and Ottke who ran from Calzaghe for 10 years but wouldn't read into it too much - Danny's prediction - Joe to win on points

Hatton / Mayweather

Mayweather is undoubtedly the talent of his era and has won 5 titles at different weights. Question is has he underestimated Hatton? If Rickys fights dirty he'll stand a chance but he can't outbox him - gotta avoid gettin cut as well
Heart says Ricky but brain says Mayweather on points

Can't wait :thumbsup:

im sure i heard a while ago that hatton had had the bones shaved above his eyebrows so they whernt as sharp and prone to cutting ......

lookin foward the the enzo maccaranelli fight aswell :thumbsup:

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
im sure i heard a while ago that hatton had had the bones shaved above his eyebrows so they whernt as sharp and prone to cutting ......

lookin foward the the enzo maccaranelli fight aswell :thumbsup:

he had surgery but still suspect. Jamie Moore on the same night as Hatton as well

grover

Jun 5, 2003
I can't wait - The Calzaghe fight is gonna be class - Calzaghe is probably the best fighter of our generation - I hope he wins :thumbsup:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
The Ricky Hatton fight - Fingers crossed he will win - Not sure though - Both are brilliant boxers... I've been into boxing for years even fought myself - I reckon if Ricky wins - It will be a hard fought fight - Possibly going the distance :mexican:

Sprewell

Oct 25, 2003
Madchester
Boxing needs a pick up. Hopefully the hatton fight can live up to the hype.

Mixed Martial Arts is really starting to take get a grip on boxing and unless the politics in boxing is sorted out i wouldnt be suprised if it takes over as the number one combat sport.

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
I love watching boxing, I don't really know all the rules and stuff but I think it's a fantasic sport to watch. In fact I'd say it's the only sport worth watching. I love Ricky Hattan and I hope he wins :thumbsup:

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
I'll take
marquez to beat juarez
Calzaghe to just beat kessler
cotto to cause an upset and beat mosley
and Hatton to devestate Mayweather

Do you think Cotto winning would be an upset? I think he's in the same category as Mayweather / Hatton - younger fighter / undefeated...... Mosley 5 years ago maybe....

Jamie Moore fight should be a corker as well....same night on the 8thDec

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Do you think Cotto winning would be an upset? I think he's in the same category as Mayweather / Hatton - younger fighter / undefeated...... Mosley 5 years ago maybe....

Mosley has to be the favourite, more experienced, fought far higher quality fighters than cotto, Delay Hoya, Forrest, Wright etc. Hes a top quality fighter, superb speed, power, movement and he looked awsome last time out. Imo he is the best welterweight out there. Cotto on the other hand, his 2 biggest wins have been against the over rated Paulie Malignaggi and Zab Judah, his chin also looks a bit dodgy to me. I still fancy cotto just of pure hunger and power but it would be an upset, especially in America

t-bone

Dec 13, 2005
manchester

Will deffo be watchin that danny jamie moore deserves to be up there top fighter that doesnt get the status that he deserves.

Sully

Jul 14, 2003
Manchester
www.S-30.co.uk
i'm off to vegas for the hatton fight in december, gonna be ace with 10'000+ singin mancs dancin round the mgm, hatton will grind mayweather down, probably go the distance or defo into the later rounds, hatton on points for me........

viva las vegas