The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007

RipleyPillwall

Oct 16, 2002
South East London
"Did you ever play at a venue called the old barn in tonbridge kent,"

I recall taking Choci to a return bookign at the "the old barn" and on arrival being told that the music policy had changed since the booking was made.

The club was like a nightmare -girls asking for "coem on eileeN" - the new managment asking us to call out name checks , birthday greetings and give out drinks based promo items - previously the rsident was the guy who made the "hey jude on a ragga tip" thing - so we where not prepared.

However the DJ both came with a beveredge fridge of "champannge" that was to be given as "spot prizes"

We got hammered and never booked again ...

(

Billy Liar

Sep 15, 2003
Uckerschmuck
End of nighters

Great thread.....
daygo-you must be a mate of the basics early crowd then....all good wakey lads.had some great fun there...
Personal faves of mine.....R+D Dept -Energize...when huggy dropped it after all the lights had come on and folk were walking out....f*k me...
Also John E-Bloc playing some mackenzie track with sanctuary of love accapella o'er it...

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
"Did you ever play at a venue called the old barn in tonbridge kent,"

I recall taking Choci to a return bookign at the "the old barn" and on arrival being told that the music policy had changed since the booking was made.

The club was like a nightmare -girls asking for "coem on eileeN" - the new managment asking us to call out name checks , birthday greetings and give out drinks based promo items - previously the rsident was the guy who made the "hey jude on a ragga tip" thing - so we where not prepared.

However the DJ both came with a beveredge fridge of "champannge" that was to be given as "spot prizes"

We got hammered and never booked again ...

That must of been just before it mysteriously burnt down;) ....It was a good night out summer 94 (if I remember) when they had the club for life, northern exposure, babelicious nights down there:D

Edgey

Aug 14, 2007
Chester
www.edgey.com
some of my personal faves as last tune have been

sub sub - space face.... the riff, the piano, the breakbeat loop and the 'my god' sample - awesome

klf - last train to transcentral... hearing this in a club for the first time was absolutely mind blowing (hard to imagine now as its been hammered like)

big bowlers tune Q Sound - Goodnight

Class choice. I was at Bowlers when they played live. On the Bowlers tip hows about Ultracynic - Nothing is forever. Or, I know its a bit fromage, Dream Frequency - Take Me.

In my time I've dropped Manic - I'm Coming Hardcore and also Prodigy - Your Love. Both belters!

As a left fielder - how about David Bowie - Rebel, Rebel. ("......Your face is a mess", which mine invariably was!)