Oh My God!! I'm a stage 2.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
male-pattern-baldness-chart.jpg

Could be worse tho. Im predicting a 4A by the time I'm 50, maybe even 40 who knows:| :$

What stage are you at lads?:cops:

D

Deleted member 6141

im not on there but ive been v thin on top sicnce i was about 15 hence the baldy

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Think I'm 5A and started losing my barnet when I was about 24/25.

Best thing that ever happened to me as I always had shit hair anyway!

Now it's just grade 1 all over, nice and neat and quick in a morning.

To be honest it does not bother me in the slightest, in fact I really like it!

I find if you are not bothered, then nobody else is either. That's a word of advice to anyone losing their barnet.

People smell weakness in others a mile off, be assured if you try to hide your baldness, are touchy/awkward about it or plain refuse to accept it. . . .others will latch on and poke even more fun.

Be cool about it and invest in clippers!

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
why do people say 'bald as a coot' when coots aren't bald? :confused:

my old boss had the most ridiculous combover youve ever seen, it wasnt a side-to-side combover though, he grew his hair long at the back and swept it forward . Looked daft. The straggly hair was always separating and slipping off his head and he looked like Mr Weeto / Doc Brown :rolleyes:
Funny though when he used to be walking along outside and a gust of wind caught him and blew it off his head and the long white hair was all billowing out behind him like some surreal bridal veil :eek: :D

Made it more obvious by trying to hide it. People arent really likely to laugh at you for going bald, but are for looking like a twat . Wheres the logic? Wally. :D

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Divots (wigs, syrups) are really funny too. I agree, if you try and hide your baldness you only and up highlighting it so why bother?
I've see some really bad divots over the years - has anyone seen a divot get displaced if it's owner has a fall etc? That's got to be the ultimate embarrassment!!! :|

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
what about women adam??
its an accepted thing that men go bald but for a woman to lose her hair.
if it makes them feel better wearing a wig then go for it!!:thumbsup:

Good point! It is a lot harder for women I guess?

However, women wear wigs even without losing their hair first . . .Look at Julia Roberts in Pretty Women!