find your ghetto blaster

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
just found this site:cool: all you guys who were around early 80s and into the breakdance craze will know what im on with here:D everyone had a ghetto blaster or boombox or just a blaster as they were called round my way. and it had to be as big as possible:thumbsup: tcheck out the golden years part of this site, and see if you can spot your old battery drainer;)
theres a right old trip down memory lane in these pics:D :cool:

Pocket Calculator's Vintage Boombox and Ghetto Blaster Museum

this is my old 10 battery eater, i thought it was ace at the time, weighed a ton too:( but it blasted out many an electro, under the co-op canopy back in the day:love:

Attachments

• hitachi-trk8290.jpg
    hitachi-trk8290.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,327

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
top find leaky, some of those ghettos proper take me back to the early electro days, and a time when every 10 year old would be walkin the streets armed with a roll of his/her mums finest lino just in case there was the need for a burn out! lol

wouldnt mind a few of those blasters now, quality:thumbsup:

simzzzz

top site that :cool:

brings back memories of standing on street corners with me mates with some electro blasting out and the old folks walking past thinking WTF ???

actually amazing how things come back to haunt us, now we got chavs with their mobile phones blasting out some nonsense on buses and street corners !!! god I have turned into those old people !!!!:$ :$

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Love this site and just bookmarked it:thumbsup: :cool:

Can't find mine on there but it wasn't that impressive anyway. My older bro got the cool as fook one and my dad didn't want us both to have massive blasters, so I had to make do with a smaller one and made up for it with other stuff:|

My younger bro had.... well still has the Hitachi one used at the start of the Lenny Henry Show in the mid 80's:D

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
I had a Sharp. Took it on holiday and everywhere... :D

I remember our lot meeting a gang of jocks in Ibiza in '85, one of 'em had the biggest and loudest blaster you've ever seen, god only knows how he was allowed on the plane with it... :| Bunch of mad fekkers they were too!

Last edited:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
O happy daze..... I too only had a cheap shitty Sony one that had about 6 batteries in it, still loved playing my electro tapes on it though

Good to see them making a comeback though, well overdue

Now then, where did i put that lino and beer towel:D

"The roof....the roof....the roof is on fire!!!!

We dont need no water, let the mother fucker burn"

Oooops, thats me barred from the No cussan crew again :S