OXS @bar Mocha Huddersfield

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
:D Helloooooooooo there!
Well peeps what can I say I was really chuffed with my DJ's last night all of you played a blinder and got the club bouncing, What a turn around from last month next one with Pete and Smoke is bound to be even busier :D

Vee-Excellent set I am so proud, as are we all, of our lovely ladys' set...She set the tone for the night with Gaz first on the dance floor and VA taking notes from front of house we were all happy and ready to go. Came out with some suprise tunes and proved she deserves a residency as much as the next person!

Next up was Squidge who played her classic collection to the filling crowds, everyone was saying it was so good to see her back on the decks after such a long break....I know you got the buzz back now honey and can't wait for next month :)

HikkyB (Gaz) As always a great selection of tunes that had Foxy and Vee up there straight away. I know you've got a few fans now so keep up the good work we're loving it.

SUPERDAN was well....SUPER! He pulled off the big pianos in style reading the crowd well and bringing it that little bit faster at just the right time for Foxy (Vinyl Doctor) to jump in at 130am. What a bloke always calm, even when the bar seemed to be going under through lack of beer!, always cool got special mentions from our guests who'd travelled from Hull. Thanks mate.

Vinyl Doctor Banging the decks and gave the crowd their second wind, went down a storm and definatley buzzed off the half hour B2B with Mark Hague. Kept everyone wanting more and genuinley enjoyed his birthday bash night as did all the friends he brought who didn't sit down once...Nice one.

Mark Hague hehehe what can I say babes, there is something wicked about seeing you stomping away to the old Zone/Maximes tunes you were banging out:D :p Loved it! everyone wanted to stay open till 5 but my little head wouldn't tkae it! You were great.... as always x

A top class night that started off a disaster, but took away everyones' nerves (Not having any base speakers and the bar running out of beer was not in the plan-great night shit bar management!!!:S :mad: )

THANK YOU TO ALL OSA's
Betty Spagetti
VA
Butty and Sonia cheers for coming down and supporting the team

TO all who visited from Hull, York and Halifax thanks a lot you were a top crowd look forward to having you all back next month. :wave:

D

Deleted member 6141

i just wrote a nice long detailed review and it locked out and i lost it so heres a short one great night great tunes. nice one vee on her proper debut you done us proud mate. gaz (HIKKY B) the best set of the night imophones: special mentions to dan va ben fisher laura butty sonz sam n fay zac moureeen and extra special shout to gemma who did a spectacular cartwheel/round off across the dancefloor.that was ace:jawdrop:. thanks lisa and mark see you next month:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
this night was a hell of a lot more succesful than the first, even with all the complications.

Saw loads of ppl i haven't seen in ages, even a few from my work came down :D

Vee started the night off playing a nice selection of dirty beasts such as tom tom, you (dont you stop) and co-imperial, well done babes ya did ace baby, keep up the good work :love:

on after vee was squidge, never heard her play before so was looking forward to it, very impressed :thumbsup: playing a mixture of uk & italo beasties inc G&VJ :love: top marks mand :thumbsup:

the club was looking busy now and the dancefloor was filling, on next was gaz another blinding set mate, really got the crowd going with top tunes and spot on mixing phones:

after gaz it were me, really enjoyed my set tried playing something for everyone :D played bananarama, lee marrow, s express, fifty hertz, expose . . . :thumbsup:

after me was foxy, who was as bouncy as ever . . . really picking the crowd up and saying c'mon ya foookers :rock: top stuff mate

Deffo enjoyed this night, and would reccomend it to anyone :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mark & lisa - well done guys, ya just kept jumping them hurdles :thumbsup:
vee - lovely as ever, superstar dj ;)
gaz - my diy team, had a good buzz mate
VA - pffff (you know)
slaggymong - ya behaved quite well :thumbsup:
ben and lora - poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofs
betty spaghetti and sam - glad ya made it
zak 'n' gem - cheers for the support as good to see ya
gingerjim - the answer to all my chemical needs :thumbsup:

loads of others to mention but the list could go on all day, you know who you are :thumbsup:

looking forward to the next :D

veee

Apr 25, 2004
ont rampage
had an ace night an loads enjoyed playin! thanks guys!!
although it wasnt busy 2 start with, the club soon filled up, well done chaps, told ya to be patient!

i kicked it all off, dint beat around the bush jus got straight to the point with s.i.l., quasimodo, jumpin dub, high liner(93)

up after me was mandy, was sat on the door for most of ur set m'dear, sorry, but did hear solo - come on played, a tune very close to my heart. from what i heard the rest of ur set was bang on, ur ace!

next was gazzle who yet again played a blinder :thumbsup: (once again i'm sorry if i missed any, kept gettin stuck in peoples heads whilst goin to smoke :fekked: ) spin up, marika lenny, selector, an hour of top class tunes as per.

followed by mi superdan, always a pleasure baby :love: expose, sugar beat, unity, ya did a sterling job poppet.

next up foxy who jus went barmy, lol, anthem an 4 for money then jus let all hell break loose! mad twat.

thanks for ur support every one that showed up, va, sam, sketti, gemma, zak, wormy, fishpants, lora, antz, mick + vicky (mint as fuck to meet ya both! thanks for nodding and smiling) ginger jim (moist as ever), jimbobwrongpants, that jesus bloke (not seen u for ages), maureen + fiona, and of course mark an the lovely lisa, thanks again u 2!!!

cant wait till nxt month an i've not even come down yet, lol

keep up the excellent work everyone! :king:

xxxx v xxxx

hikkyb

Apr 21, 2004
not very far away
well well well...this is the first review that i hav done for ages!!:thumbsup: :D what a fantastic nite...even with all the complications at the begining ov the nite!!:S well here goes...first on the decks was our lovely vee:thumbsup: :D she played an absolute blinder,well buzzin for ya!wood allen co-imperial,carico,DJh n steffy,are the tunes that stand out,i will apologise now for my spellin cause i am struggling to do this reveiw!!

next ont the decks was mandy,once agin another belter ov a set:D really buzzin for ya...ya lookede like ya was havin a good time!!!:thumbsup: g n gonner get the boy...solo-come on!tunes that stood out for me!!

next up was me:thumbsup: :D this set i really enjoyed,was me best set out yet!!!:p i was bouncin behind the decks,i had a wicked time...played some reet belters,spin up come sunday,dj pierre everyday,outphase im in love!!!was really buzzin all way through me set!!:king: :mad: :thumbsup: :redneck: :crazy: :moonie: :mexican:

next on the decks was superdan,,didnt disapoint,played a blinder,was bouncin on the dancefloor throgh out his set!!tunes that stood out for me baa baa black sheep...lol....Q words thats the choice,expose tell me why,and the highlite of the set s express the theme:thumbsup: :ba:

that set it up nicely for foxy,sorry not even gonna attempt to spell ya dj name...i am not in a stable conditon to spell it!!i didnt stay for all ya set but ov what i heard it was quality...ya looked like ya was havin a well mint time ont the decks.but why o why did ya hav to scratch,there is a 30 pound bill comeing your way for illegal use of my needles!!!!!:naughty: :moonie: ;)

reet thats all ya gettin i hav lost tehe ushne ov my fingertys was extremely hammered again n thanks to ginger jim for settin me on my journey....absolute quality!:thumbsup: :fekked: :crazy: :roll: :ghost:

Mattylad

Jan 29, 2007
Barnsley
I'm hoping at some point to spend more than half an hour at OXS, sorry mark\lisa but i was knackered:dummy: (fookin work)

Veee, that must have been you on the door when i turned up:wave: i'll actually say hello next time now i know who you are!!!

Betty Spaghetti, i asked if you were about but obviously asked the wrong people, i'll check with lisa next time n say hello:thumbsup: same goes for anyone else off ere coz i don't know what any of you look like lol!!!

Good to see the usual suspects about too Mandy, Batty, Foxy, Toastie, Jim, Gaz, Ben etc etc:wave:

See you all next month, if not before:fekked:

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
I did plan to get to the club from the start so I could be there there for all ya sets cause I were driving...............but, didn't feel safe to drive so I didn't set off while 11:30pm :$ sorry!
When I arrive Gaz were on his last few tunes and looking like he wre having a f*ckin ball :) is ace to see the DJ going nuts and bouncing about :) :thumbsup: next up, Dan; as above :)
I had to leave about 1am :( shame would have liked to stop out, but wre driving and thus wre very very 'normal' :(
Rick, Vee, Dan, Gaz, Larigan, Zac, Gemma, VA, Ginger Jim, Foxy & GF (sorry forgot ya name), the guy from GT etc (can never remeber ya name, Ben, Laura, Sam, faye, and finally met the legend that is maurin :); always a pleasure eveyone, never a chore :)
Everyone seemed in a mint mood, was gutted I couldn't stay :(
Will attend the next one 'proparly' :) ;)

Antz ...

So glad you all had a good night and yes Dan it was 100% better than last one. :D :spin:
Our special guests from Hull had a top night.The photos are absolutley wicked GingerJim did us proud.
And allan from Hull took some wicked ones too (DSI) shall put a few up if I can remember how to paste (thanks Cano for that ;) )
Well Antz glad to hear you were there I still don't know who you are...although I do remember asking some random bloke and can't remember the responce sorry knowing me i probably had a full conversation with u and can't remember:rolleyes:

HAVING MAJOR VENUE PROBLEMS NOW THOUGH FOLK SO KEEP YOUR EYES OUT FOR SIMILAR SIZE VENUE OR BE PREPARED TO CHANGE TO FRIDAY THE 23RD (possibly livingstones upstairs room-better venue, better staff same capacity and our own entrance )THANKS LISA AND MARK

Last edited:
d4449be3-9fb9-47ae-8444-4619b90d025.jpg
[/IMG]
hikk.jpg

Superdan and foxy(VINYL DOCTOR) and Hkky B sweating lots hehehe