What was the first ever viynl you purchased....and

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

EZEE

Jan 16, 2007
midlands crew
tis is one of the first tunes i can remember purchasing used to love this too R-442438-1119459422.jpg

Mr Lee

Jun 19, 2003
Blackpool
Liquid - Sweet Harmony

After hearing it for some reason on Blu Peter in the background to there jumble sales appeals. Never did get a badge. :roll:

Still love the piano line, not many dont !

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
In order of when I bought em...........

First cassette: Olivia's Greatest Hits - I reckon I could still listen to it and think it's good:thumbsup:

First Vinyl album: Olivia - Physical (probably) - maybe still good although I haven't played it for well over 20yrs :S

First 7'': Human League - 'Don't You Want Me' (I think) yep still good I reckon:thumbsup:

First 12'': possibly 'Hey You (the Rocksteady Crew)' - Hell yeah, I love it:thumbsup: :D

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Mmm if where moving onto albums and stuff

First album had to be Wham - Fantastica (Not quite sure i still feel the same way about this one :S :D )

First 12" im stuck between two, dont realy remember....either

Harold Faltermeyer - Axle F

or

The Fatback band - I found loving

Still love the both of these though lol:thumbsup:

djpileup

Jun 11, 2007
Scotland
1st record I ever had (bought for me) was 7" Father Abraham & The Smurfs - Magic Flute Smurf :cool:

Still got that :D

blimey me too mate! :D

I'm pretty sure the first 12" i bought was either 'I Travel' by Simple Minds :thumbsup: or New Order 'Blue Monday' :eek:

First CD Single i bought was 'Hey Music Lover' by S'Express

In order of when I bought em...........

First cassette: Olivia's Greatest Hits - I reckon I could still listen to it and think it's good:thumbsup:

First Vinyl album: Olivia - Physical (probably) - maybe still good although I haven't played it for well over 20yrs :S

First 7'': Human League - 'Don't You Want Me' (I think) yep still good I reckon:thumbsup:

First 12'': possibly 'Hey You (the Rocksteady Crew)' - Hell yeah, I love it:thumbsup: :D

Olivia Neutron Bomb - fit as back in the day imo!

First single was a funky 7" off me best mates sister. 20p. Theme to Auf Wiedersehen Pet - "Thats Living Alright". Big with the 8 year olds on my estate at the time.

First Dance 12" - Galaxys - Confusion - which I bought without having heard it, after I went into Beat Street in Bolton and didn't have a clue (many say I still don't!). I felt well intimidated and thought that I'd better buy something so I just picked it out of the italian section. I believe that it might be worth a bob or two now!

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Cant remem the 1st house record I bought but motherland was the kind of shit I was buying at first. Also Fast Eddie and that one called free nelson mandella, but with rappin in over a house beat:D . Also doug lazy - let it roll etc etc

Good shout tho, motherland has excellent vocals:thumbsup:

Cant honestly remember the name of the record i bought as a kid but the first record i bought on 12 inch was tribal house - motherland :love:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
lol its all coming back to me now, beatmasters - whos in the house, anything on FFRR as well. Also 2 for joy - in a state, hardcore uproar white labels and the odd bit of belgian new beat that they sold in Subway records Stockport.

Owt really, was lovin whatever I could lay my hands on;)

Before that was more into hip hop and soul

Hip house and dancey remixes of soul got me into the house/techno sound I reckon