Your love / You got the love

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Just about every incarnation of this tune does it for me.... these are the ones I know & love.... anymore fill em in

Original Jamie Principle on Persona
Jamie Principle - Your Love

Frankie Knuckles / Jamie Principle on Trax (did Frankie bum Jamie into submission for the copyrights ? Who knows...)
Frankie Knuckles - Presents: Baby Wants To Ride / Your Love

Frankie's remix (seeeeriously underplayed this)
Frankie Knuckles - Presents: Your Love (You Got The Love Remix)

The filthy BTech Swemix (not got this yet :( )
Frankie Knuckles - Your Love

The original Love Rock boot
Source, The - Love / Rock

The NYE 90/1 boot (with 'The time sponsored by Accurist will be....' intro before THAT drop \o/ - only got this on a boot.... of a boot)
Source, The - You Got The Love

The sample-cleared Source issue

The 91 DMC mix
Various - February 91 - Two

The 93 'aaaaaaardcore mix
Dok, The - Your Love

The 96 New Voyager mix - this is one of THE most emotional records ever imo.... the beats / the strings / the triumphant piano / Candi's vocals..... it's outrageously good....

The 1999 Scammers remix.... only on this album.... fuckin ace it is too.... they ripped the arse outta it....the original ripples are tortured, the beats are fierce & it features snarling, sneering Johnny Lydon vocals....
Various - United States Of Dance - Church Of Danceology Remixed Vol. 1

/edit

This un too :D

Unknown Artist - D.o.t.

Storming mix of it... "give me some love...."
Any more for any more then :D

Last edited:

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
I'm sure there was a version on a UK label called D.O.T. which released bootlegish/cover versions of things

I'm sure they did 3 or 4 releases - can never find anything on discogs

One of their releases may have been called Give It To Me Baby?

I'm sure there was a version on a UK label called D.O.T. which released bootlegish/cover versions of things

I'm sure they did 3 or 4 releases - can never find anything on discogs

One of their releases may have been called Give It To Me Baby?

Yer right....

Unknown Artist - D.o.t.

I've got the one you mentioned is a bastard of a tune on one side using the Jack pella... & Give it to me baby on the other...

For some reason it's a bastard to find on Ogs...

D.O.T. or The DOT or summat....

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
How did this song become a "Frankie Knuckles" song???

It's bizarre isn't it - it's not like it was covered as such (a la Todd Terry / Phreek - Weekend or whatever), it was just an out and out re-release :confused:

Jamie must have been peaking during a bum fest to let that one go.

How did this song become a "Frankie Knuckles" song???

It's bizarre isn't it - it's not like it was covered as such (a la Todd Terry / Phreek - Weekend or whatever), it was just an out and out re-release :confused:

Jamie must have been peaking during a bum fest to let that one go.

I've always wondered that too....

It went from Frankie Knuckles presents.... (ie he did the mix / studio work) to being known as a full on Frankie Knuckles track.... :|

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
I've always wondered that too....

It went from Frankie Knuckles presents.... (ie he did the mix / studio work) to being known as a full on Frankie Knuckles track.... :|

Producers often do this - can't think of any other examples of the top of my head - but it does happen

The Whistle song was written and co-produced by Eric Kupper but still came out under FK

TBH I think that in the case of Your Love it did Jamie Principle a favour - FK's name had a big clout at the time, bit weird though as their isn't a great deal of difference between the Pesona and Trax release

geeselad

May 25, 2007
Just to say the orig love rock version of what later bacame the source is just unbelievably better than the source, in fact (I'll never play the source again)
it sounds tiney and just crap compared to the booty version

granthamdisco

Apr 5, 2006
Also deserving

Original vocal

Source, The (7) Featuring Candi Staton - You Got The Love

Paul Simpson Version ( pre dated True Love)

Source, The (7) Featuring Candi Staton - You Got The Love

I think the thing with Jamie & Frankie was Jamie recxorded thembut Frankie helped mix

Their are also versions of Baby Wants to Ride creditted to Frankie

Whistle Song is a bit different as it was always a planned FK record

Paul Simpson - Musical Freedom (Free At Last)

Good call - got both of them - but only really use em for the full pella (I like to slap it over the instr of Unfinished Sympathy)