Where you going to 'oldskool' events pre 1994?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Where you clubin pre 95

• Damn right - I was there in the gud old days

Votes: 116 91.3%
  • wish i was but only got into after 1994

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

callmepop

May 29, 2006
Clubs I went to from 1990 onwards

Quadrant Park, The Park, Wigan Pier, Legends and Bowlers.
The good old days. Never to repeated. Which is a shame!!

Inchigh

Mar 23, 2007
Republic of Mancunia
got into it 1982/3, robotics was the first tunes that made me dance..........best year!! the summer of 90 in to the spring of 91.....first class tunes.........but i am biasedphones:

Craig Luck

Jul 28, 2007
I was 12 in 94 :eek:...I was listening to it back then, thru tapes given to me via my older piers-lol but never went to the clubs, given the fact I looked about 9!...I wish I was older, so I could of experienced it and been there :cry: Some of us dont know we're born I say we dont know we're born :rofl:

I was pretty much the same, albiet a year or two older. Was into the scene a little earlier through radio and tapes from around 91/92. Always been pretty much on my own being into the oldskool so didn't find anybody to go raving with untill 97.

On the pirates now myself which is cool. Had a few of the people I used to listen to text into my show now so thats uber wicked. :D

Craig Luck

Jul 28, 2007
Don't know where that puts me with the poll btw. Was into the scene but couldn't really go raving at 12 years old. :$

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
first for me was the 2nd galactica in scarborough (dec 91) was more into hip hop before that but it blew me away , didn't go out religiously after but made it to phenomena in brid a few times , some he la hu things in york and went to galactica paris, one thing i do regret is not joining some mates going over to the zone once :crazy: missed out big time.

Bloody hell mate, Galactica in Scarborough! Did you go to the one at the racecourse?

Also Phenomena at Bridlington Leisure World???

Hardcore night at Toffs in Scarborough 91?? Not my ideal tunes, but not a lot else in our neck of the woods!

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Was out regularly from summer 89 onwards. :) Went to the revival nights at the Hacienda around 1994(?)

Smart they were:)

Yeah I went to the Hac in 91 first time and a regular there from 92 till closure.

The Revival/classic/89 nights circa 94 were indeed ace, Jon da Silva did most of them I think.

yeah 1990 - 1996 for me aswel missed sasha at shelleys due to havin 3 pubes lol grrrr late 90 early 91 may time was when i first started going out my first nite was ocassions in sheffield then thru 91 traveling over the moors to stoke from chesterfield to shelleys (amnesia) n entropy we had odd jaunts to the eclipse then thru 92 did the outdoor events (perception) (fantazia) (amnesia house)and more hardcore nights we usually did a house nite on fri - sheffield or locally, A hardcore nite on a sat religously mainly total kaos in leicester . late 92/93/did kinetic, Edge, die hard plus local sheffield nites - Redzone etc Donny warehouse - outdoor events like universe, dreamscape,

I started mellowing towards end of 93/4 started going to mansfield/ derby/ moneypennies in birmingham, killed it off towards a bit towards end of 95 was going to a weekly nite in mansfield (Ripe) Hot to Trot - monthly and derby (progress) most weekends, plus odd jaunts to golden, passion etc that was the end of my clubbing though after 95 as i settled down for a bit,

alan

dennean

Apr 22, 2002
London
Don't know where that puts me with the poll btw. Was into the scene but couldn't really go raving at 12 years old. :$

Oh mate, was there no underage events in your town? We had a regular weekly night at a club (Fat Ians) & an event called Wonderland. Cant remembr who played there erm Donovan 'Bad Boy' Smith is 1 I can remember. The rest escapes me as was mash-up, got the flyers somewhere though... :love:

Craig Luck

Jul 28, 2007
Oh mate, was there no underage events in your town? We had a regular weekly night at a club (Fat Ians) & an event called Wonderland. Cant remembr who played there erm Donovan 'Bad Boy' Smith is 1 I can remember. The rest escapes me as was mash-up, got the flyers somewhere though... :love:

Living in London I'm sure there probably was. Think there was teenrage or something like that. I was just into the music though and a bit nieve to the actual raving side of things. Plus not really knowing anybody else into it meant I had nobody to go to events with.

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
Bloody hell mate, Galactica in Scarborough! Did you go to the one at the racecourse?

Also Phenomena at Bridlington Leisure World???

lol lol my old stomping ground too phenomena @ brid they were the days nipper , bill-e-whizz , frankie wonder , carl cox , evil eddy richards , huggy , mann parris , n-joi , new Atlantic ,
did you go to the one they called " the effing fierce one the first all dayer in about 92 still got some old photos from their and one or two flyers .

galactica was good too @ york n-joi , slippmat & lime
, shades of rhythm ,terrorize , luigi , eddy richards ,

RipleyPillwall

Oct 16, 2002
South East London
This is giving away my vintage and my history

But I was clubbing in 84

And had my first residency in a club by 85!!! (it was very hard to be a dj then too)

I was a club Dj before it was anyones ambition!! IT used be:

1. Fat blokes in Hawaian shirts who spoke in gravelly voices who had failed tomake it big with thier bands(or did not have enough talent to be one) and Nightclub DJ was the next best thing!!!
OR
2. Soul music fanatics who spent more money on ONE rare 7" single than they earned in a month of gigs - despite playing 5 nights a week all over the country (but mainly in Wigan)

I get a little embarrased talking about it - unless you catch me after a few "liveners" then I wont shut up about it ....(so AVOID me then)AND am saving it for the "book". Which will be started as soon as I can type AND use a spell checker !!!

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
Was out regularly from summer 89 onwards. :) Went to the revival nights at the Hacienda around 1994(?)

Smart they were:)

I went with Man Alive off here, plus 4 other mates from University in my mums old Polo. A few of em hadnt been to the Hac before and were bored senseless with me going on about the place, so they wanted to see what all the fuss was about

Didnt enjoy the drive home

Year younger than you Neil - didn't start til Konspiracy in September 1990.

That 'Wide' Back to 89 night at the Hac was a classic, I remember the place going fuckin' mental when the bassline from Future FJP came in. :thumbsup:
Also remember some guy weaving across all 3 lanes of the M62 in front of us on the way home - no wonder you didn't enjoy it.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
lol lol my old stomping ground too phenomena @ brid they were the days nipper , bill-e-whizz , frankie wonder , carl cox , evil eddy richards , huggy , mann parris , n-joi , new Atlantic ,
did you go to the one they called " the effing fierce one the first all dayer in about 92 still got some old photos from their and one or two flyers .

galactica was good too @ york n-joi , slippmat & lime
, shades of rhythm ,terrorize , luigi , eddy richards ,

Most certainly did Wez!

Happy days!

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
This is giving away my vintage and my history

But I was clubbing in 84

And had my first residency in a club by 85!!! (it was very hard to be a dj then too)

I was a club Dj before it was anyones ambition!! IT used be:

1. Fat blokes in Hawaian shirts who spoke in gravelly voices who had failed tomake it big with thier bands(or did not have enough talent to be one) and Nightclub DJ was the next best thing!!!
OR
2. Soul music fanatics who spent more money on ONE rare 7" single than they earned in a month of gigs - despite playing 5 nights a week all over the country (but mainly in Wigan)

I get a little embarrased talking about it - unless you catch me after a few "liveners" then I wont shut up about it ....(so AVOID me then)AND am saving it for the "book". Which will be started as soon as I can type AND use a spell checker !!!

Welcome back RP:thumbsup: