Join now

Do you plan to ever sell your tunes

• No way - they are goin to the grave with me

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Have done, but unless someone offers daft money cant see it happenin

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I plan to rip my tunes, buy a CDJ then make some wonga

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Iv currently been reducing my collection, and may let them all go?

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Its up for sale now!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Lee

Jun 19, 2003
Blackpool
Well ive got a ten year old, who in a few years time will come realise what he's been listening to over all these years,

Keep-em in the family i say !

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
What a freaky coincedence. I have been seriously thinking about it for a number of reasons.

1, i live in a mates house and will probably be looking to move out in around a years time. I really will struggle to find space in a new house for them.

2, i have a lot of money tied up in them which would be better used for a deposit for a house when the time comes

3, i hardly ever play them. i always wanted to try take it further after having a few gigs playing out and playing on the radio but i have struggled to dedicate the time thats needed to make any vast improvements due to other commitments etc. They are no just in boxes under my decks collecting dust and really would benefiit from getting a new home.

I have collected since 2004 but spent a huge amount of time and money buying vinyl. A few years ago i would have been like "no way am i selling them" but things change like your priorities , responsibilities etc and so now i am looking at my situation and thinking will i really miss them, the honest answer is no.

My problem is when i come to sell them i have no list as of yet and i really dont want to sell them individually on ebay or oggs because of the hassle so ultimately i know that will effect the amount of money i can expect to recoup.

I suppose i need to have a good think and decide soon cause time is running out.

responsability? Priorities?
I think your old before you time misery socks! :D

Only kiddin ;)

dodgymix

Funny how 5 people of the first 7 answers have bought tunes of me on Discogs this week....and your reducing your collection;) lol

I've never sold a tunei've liked unless I find a copy in better condition. I own probably most release of the tunes I like, I also have daft amount of some tunes, no idea why with 6 or 7 copies of some absolute beasts

I sell a few occaasionally from stuff i've bought but it only jsut about covers my own vinyl addiction lol

Presuming Ed

Funny how 5 people of the first 7 answers have bought tunes of me on Discogs this week....and your reducing your collection;) lol

I've never sold a tunei've liked unless I find a copy in better condition. I own probably most release of the tunes I like, I also have daft amount of some tunes, no idea why with 6 or 7 copies of some absolute beasts

I sell a few occaasionally from stuff i've bought but it only jsut about covers my own vinyl addiction lol

Ha ha..strict 3 out one in policy for me at the mo...honest guvnor

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Im in the process of gettin rid of my bootlegs for a coulple of reasons
1 i can rip em and and basically i dont think theres any differnce and
2. I have run out of room im buying about 15 tunes a month as there are some real bargains out there so space has become an issue.

On the subject of selling them all ... never i want a top old skool set for ma 80th :D

The kidneys go first, then the liver (if anyone wants it) and then the house. Decks....they are always replacable. Tunes. Never. Rip what you want. Remember people used to tape their tunes. I have 2 words for you. Frank Wilson. Northern Soul 7" - check Northern Soul most expensive record,Frank Wilson-Do I love you - last sold for £15,000! Not saying your sat on anything like that, but like I told my mate on Saturday night who is thinking of parting with his, would you sell your other half's jewellry?