Join now

Do you plan to ever sell your tunes

• No way - they are goin to the grave with me

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Have done, but unless someone offers daft money cant see it happenin

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I plan to rip my tunes, buy a CDJ then make some wonga

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Iv currently been reducing my collection, and may let them all go?

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Its up for sale now!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Following on from the other thread regarding market prices & use of vinyl...

What are your views on selling your tunes?

My 1st ever poll this so hope it works, please pick the option that fits best and add a few comments if ya wanna :)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I picked the closest option to my situ...

4. Iv currently been reducing my collection, and may let them all go?

I've sold 1 so far: Asmo - Jam The Dance (spare copy) to Tag :LOL:

Getting there slowly like :mad:

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
Of late i have seriously been considering selling mine :(

I hardly ever spin em anymore & it seems a waste to have them just sat gathering dust.

Although saying & doing are very different things, its the 'i wish i had never got rid of them' feeling afterwards that i would dread :cry:

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
I've only got about 500 and am always looking for more stuff/ small collections. so If any of you 'purgers' :) have a load of stuff you think I might like on a listen/sale or return basis, giz a shout :)

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Ive got rid of quite a few over the last 2 years , but only to fund other purchases

I would quite happily swap all my trance and hard house from 97 - 2000 for some older stuff

Any takers :D :roll: :D :roll:

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Ive got rid of quite a few over the last 2 years , but only to fund other purchases

I would quite happily swap all my trance and hard house from 97 - 2000 for some older stuff

Any takers :D :roll: :D :roll:

Im the same, loads of late 90's trance and progressive stuff that I would never play again would happily be swopped for some of the old stuff.

Although TBH I can't seem to part with tunes when It comes to the crunch...Its a habit I can't break:mad:

I've voted no way, because there are some tunes that I will never get rid of. I have a lot of stuff I would part with though, lots of doubles and as others have mentioned some Hard House shite and mailing list junk that I'd like to see the back of! The problem is that the stuff I don't want, no-one else wants either :S Need to find a hard house fan that's just won a fortune on the lottery...

I've voted no way, because there are some tunes that I will never get rid of. I have a lot of stuff I would part with though, lots of doubles and as others have mentioned some Hard House shite and mailing list junk that I'd like to see the back of! The problem is that the stuff I don't want, no-one else wants either :S Need to find a hard house fan that's just won a fortune on the lottery...

htfr want crap hard house too you know;) ,check out their 8 pages of prices they pay for some of that shite alone..:eek:

Vinyl - We want to buy

:)

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Of late i have seriously been considering selling mine :(

I hardly ever spin em anymore & it seems a waste to have them just sat gathering dust.

Although saying & doing are very different things, its the 'i wish i had never got rid of them' feeling afterwards that i would dread :cry:

What a freaky coincedence. I have been seriously thinking about it for a number of reasons.

1, i live in a mates house and will probably be looking to move out in around a years time. I really will struggle to find space in a new house for them.

2, i have a lot of money tied up in them which would be better used for a deposit for a house when the time comes

3, i hardly ever play them. i always wanted to try take it further after having a few gigs playing out and playing on the radio but i have struggled to dedicate the time thats needed to make any vast improvements due to other commitments etc. They are no just in boxes under my decks collecting dust and really would benefiit from getting a new home.

I have collected since 2004 but spent a huge amount of time and money buying vinyl. A few years ago i would have been like "no way am i selling them" but things change like your priorities , responsibilities etc and so now i am looking at my situation and thinking will i really miss them, the honest answer is no.

My problem is when i come to sell them i have no list as of yet and i really dont want to sell them individually on ebay or oggs because of the hassle so ultimately i know that will effect the amount of money i can expect to recoup.

I suppose i need to have a good think and decide soon cause time is running out.