FAO Libpool / Man U / Man City

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
1stly Libpool - you were fuckin robbed yesterday - gutted for you. However after watching you play you can take hope from the fact you bossed Chelsea, showed more passion & snuffed out their opportunities - in fact if you don't make a serious attempt at the league title this season you never will.

Man U - decent 1st half but fancy footwork means fack all if you can't score. Once you went behind your heads dipped & you los your fire.

City - what a difference eh ! 3 games, 9 points. You really wanted this game & it showed :thumbsup:

That is all.

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Still livid about Styles, the bent twat. Made worse that I had 10 quid at 60/1 on Liverpool 2-0 Torres to score first.

Am not fooled by Utd for a minute, they'll come back fighting, Chelsea aren't the machine they were.

Nice one Cty!

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
As usual with the rags its defeat without dignity - boo hoo - "city had 2 shots on goal" - "Rooney / Ronaldo were out" - "City were lucky" - etc etc etc.
Heres the facts - you didn't score - The fat and unfit Tevez and severley overpriced and overrated Nappy (Nani) were embarrassed by the quality of Richards & Dunne - who were superb........CTID :mexican: :mexican: :wave:

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
richards.....

As usual with the rags its defeat without dignity - boo hoo - "city had 2 shots on goal" - "Rooney / Ronaldo were out" - "City were lucky" - etc etc etc.
Heres the facts - you didn't score - The fat and unfit Tevez and severley overpriced and overrated Nappy (Nani) were embarrassed by the quality of Richards & Dunne - who were superb........CTID :mexican: :mexican: :wave:

was incredible. Alan hanson was practically wetting himself at his quality defending

woody

1stly Libpool - you were fuckin robbed yesterday - gutted for you. However after watching you play you can take hope from the fact you bossed Chelsea, showed more passion & snuffed out their opportunities - in fact if you don't make a serious attempt at the league title this season you never will.

Man U - decent 1st half but fancy footwork means fack all if you can't score. Once you went behind your heads dipped & you los your fire.

City - what a difference eh ! 3 games, 9 points. You really wanted this game & it showed :thumbsup:

That is all.

you really are more clueless than i thought!! years of watching shite football and sniffing charles has quite clearly eaten the vast majority of your brain!

and for the 2nd time, talk about your own fuckin team!!!

you really are more clueless than i thought!! years of watching shite football and sniffing charles has quite clearly eaten the vast majority of your brain!

and for the 2nd time, talk about your own fuckin team!!!

still sensitive after being shown up as Manchesters 2nd team then ;) :drevil:

As for Villa - we got a point away from home - could've been worse :p Happy ?

woody

still sensitive after being shown up as Manchesters 2nd team then ;) :drevil:

As for Villa - we got a point away from home - could've been worse :p Happy ?

not at all! If ya dont score you dont win simple as that. Not that city deserved to win (playing the same football they did last year) in my opinion but sometimes thats the way it goes. If city are still above us at xmas i will show my arse in woolies window:thumbsup:

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton

That is all.

not as gutted as me mate , i really do despise that small no mark club and everything it stands for , shite fans , emoitionless ground and probably one of the most undignified manager to have ever graced our game :mad:

as for the match itself , well i have to be encouraged that we dominated a game against one of our title rivals and if we can win our next 5 matches ( against sunderland, birmingham , porstmouth , derby and tottenham ) it wont be such a bad result ... the strenght in depth in our squad now is better than it has been since you required a big squad to compete in the modern game so its looking good .. although i aint getting carried away ;)

another thing in our favour is the fact that aroud 2000 lads have been rehoused smack right in the middle of the kop , so the atmosphere at anfield this year is going to be something to be reckoned with, yesterday was like being reborn as far as watching football goes ... loads of faces who knew eachother, no replica shirts , no jesters hats just loads of lads having the banter .. just like the good old days ........ roll on the rest of the season :D :thumbsup:

and no i aint stupid enough to be writing other teams title challenges off just yet

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
not at all! If ya dont score you dont win simple as that. Not that city deserved to win (playing the same football they did last year) in my opinion but sometimes thats the way it goes. If city are still above us at xmas i will show my arse in woolies window:thumbsup:

you sad little bitter man
we played better than we did last year, the only difference was you tried kickin us this year instead of us kickin you

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire

Sign of a good team though surely, playing poorly and still winning, or is that a cliche reserved for one of the big 4?

Not to worry, Im sure Uncle Malc will let Fergie go out and blow another 30 million on a striker, just like the rest of us can:|

Bittoh, surely not;)

Seriously though, possibly the best performance Ive seen from a young lad in defence since, well I cant remember. If McClaren doesnt put him in at centre half on Wednesday he needs potting

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
As a 'rag' (or 'Munich' as it was all day at the Council House yesterday, as ever, yawn), can I be the first to congratulate lidl ciddy on qualifying for Europe so early in the season.

According to this ever so clued up thread, United are now Manchester's 2nd team, were embarrased, and, oh yes, bitter.

:condom:

woody

Sign of a good team though surely, playing poorly and still winning, or is that a cliche reserved for one of the big 4?

Not to worry, Im sure Uncle Malc will let Fergie go out and blow another 30 million on a striker, just like the rest of us can:|

Bittoh, surely not;)

Seriously though, possibly the best performance Ive seen from a young lad in defence since, well I cant remember. If McClaren doesnt put him in at centre half on Wednesday he needs potting

Mark of champions so they say ;) the thing is tho when we play poor we usually still have plenty of chances, city barely made it into uniteds area for the vast majority of the game, and you wont get lucky goals every week. Although you can only beat whats in front of you, and you have done so far so fair play:thumbsup:

we need another big striker up front to hold the line since saha is made of balsa wood, tevez was too isolated up front on his todd. Anelka would be the best buy imo, said that for weeks, even before we got tevez. Giggs has been shocking, as has scholes imo, yet the journos in the paper rated giggs our best player on sunday:eek: As Nowthen said earlier, Hargreaves was our best player by a long shot, and i think him and carrick in a 442 with 2 strikers and 2 wingers would be our strongest line up.

Totally agree with what you said about Richards tho, an immense performance, and Dunne was very good too for a fatty ;)

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
As a 'rag' (or 'Munich' as it was all day at the Council House yesterday, as ever, yawn), can I be the first to congratulate lidl ciddy on qualifying for Europe so early in the season.

According to this ever so clued up thread, United are now Manchester's 2nd team, were embarrased, and, oh yes, bitter.

:condom:

Yes thats right, the giddyometer is right up there, in fact, the season is over isnt it? Give over. :rolleyes: Its a half decent start, 3 games and thats it

Somehow I dont think people who have watched City for a long time will ever get carried away, but there is nothing wrong with rubbing it in a bit, unless you dont have a sense of humour, you do have one, dont you??

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
I think there's still one in there somewhere, but forgive me if I'm still licking me wounds a bit :(

Talking of humour, there's no shortage of that at the Hoose. What was this flag all about...

WE DREAM OF PLAYING IN THE SHIRT
TODAY GOD CHOSE YOU
PLAY LIKE WE DREAM​

Even the scousers would be hard pushed to seriously put that on a banner :$

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Mark of champions so they say ;) the thing is tho when we play poor we usually still have plenty of chances, city barely made it into uniteds area for the vast majority of the game, and you wont get lucky goals every week. Although you can only beat whats in front of you, and you have done so far so fair play:thumbsup:

we need another big striker up front to hold the line since saha is made of balsa wood, tevez was too isolated up front on his todd. Anelka would be the best buy imo, said that for weeks, even before we got tevez. Giggs has been shocking, as has scholes imo, yet the journos in the paper rated giggs our best player on sunday:eek: As Nowthen said earlier, Hargreaves was our best player by a long shot, and i think him and carrick in a 442 with 2 strikers and 2 wingers would be our strongest line up.

Totally agree with what you said about Richards tho, an immense performance, and Dunne was very good too for a fatty ;)

Aye not too shabby for a fat lad:) Maybe Sven isnt the big conman everyone took him for (me included). Tactics spot on on Saturday, altho time will tell:)

Tevez didnt look fit to me, and Anelka is a bellend, but will get you 20+ goals a season, and will bring proper baggage, as "siddy" fans know all too well:|

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
I think there's still one in there somewhere, but forgive me if I'm still licking me wounds a bit :(

Talking of humour, there's no shortage of that at the Hoose. What was this flag all about...

WE DREAM OF PLAYING IN THE SHIRT
TODAY GOD CHOSE YOU
PLAY LIKE WE DREAM​

Even the scousers would be hard pushed to seriously put that on a banner :$

Are you sure it didnt have a picture of the mascot on the banner?

Moonchester.jpg

:thumbsup:

woody

Aye not too shabby for a fat lad:) Maybe Sven isnt the big conman everyone took him for (me included). Tactics spot on on Saturday, altho time will tell:)

Tevez didnt look fit to me, and Anelka is a bellend, but will get you 20+ goals a season, and will bring proper baggage, as "siddy" fans know all too well:|

Dunno about Sven lol time will tell as you say. It didnt help having the incompatible twosome of Gerrard and Lampard to accomodate i spose!

Dont think he is fit, Fergie said before Rooneys break that tevez is short of fitness, and would need a good few weeks. I just dont think the formation suited his style/size as 2 decent centre halfs should easily be able to mark and cover a solitary striker. we've struggled with that formation with both saha and rooney upfront alone in the past, and imo it is used to cover the lack of bite in midfield, and the lack of pace in scholesys weary legs thesedays. Hopefully Hargreaves will allow us to go back to 442, even if it is Rooney and Tevez up front. 2 heads are better than one fergie!!! ;)

I just hope city play as well against chelsea arsenal and liverpool ;)

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
I cant believe the amount of City fans that actually thought the team played well :rolleyes:

Richards was outstanding, Dunne played well & the keeper was ok but c'mon.

Even the sun shines on a dogs ass ;)