Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sully

Jul 14, 2003
Manchester
www.S-30.co.uk
RIP Tony

Its a rare occasion when the death of one man in the industry can bring sadness to so many different people who listen to so many different types of music.

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony twice, once in 1990 when i worked in a recording studio in oldham (Mirage on Ripponden Road) and again at the hacienda auction a few years ago.

The thing i'll never forget was when he turned up at Mirage wearing an expensive suit with a pair of travel fox trainers, not many people would get away with that. Not even sure he did to be honest.......!!

"Some men make money, some men make history........" (Anthony H Wilson 2007)

cartouche91

Oct 5, 2006
manchester
Anthony H Wilson

A true pioneer of musical historical values, I had the pleasure of meeting him at an evening with Gordon Ramsey at Heathcoates in Manchester. A league of his own with his Armani Suit and Addidas Shell Toe.

Oh Manchetser So much to answer for...Good Night Tony...

Richard

Inchigh

Mar 23, 2007
Republic of Mancunia
i was never a part of the manchester scene, more of a lancashire child of the night, but i did know that he had a massive unfouded part to play in the underground music following. its very sad to hear of his passing:(

rest in peace mister manchester;)

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
How tragic, we only spyed him last year in a pub in Manc whilst having lunch. It was dead hard not to get all spazzy and star struck, what with him being a reet legend.

Tra Tone:love:

A great loss. Gutted when I found on Friday night.

He'll be partying 24/7 at the big ol' Factory in the sky I'm sure...but managing to complain about the bland decor !

As well as giving us Factory, The Hac and Madchester, let's not forget this was the man who did 'New Start' on Granada (the pre-cursor to Dragon's Den me thinks), 'Remote Control' on C4 and 'The Other Side of Midnight'.

Having had the pleasure of meeting and drinking with the man a few times over the years, anyone who thinks this man was a dick is completely misguided. Without people like Tony and their committment to taking on the world, we'd all still be drinking fizzy lager and listening to shite on the radio. Not to mention the fact that OSA might never have come to pass because we'd all have been dancin' at the Discoteche Royal, Sachas, Rotters etc. etc. of this world.

Wonder if United will do a minutes silence for Tony today before kick-off ???

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Very very sad to hear this on Friday :cry:
A legend, without who's influence the soundtrack, path and nights out of our younger years would have very different :king:

Was shocked, even though it was expected sometime due to his condition... have been welling up listening to some of the mentions on the radio and when they're playing Factory tracks etc.. :|
and reading through this thread made me tingle and have goosebumps but a sad smile too :love:

We drove past the Hacienda (well, the flats...) :rolleyes: sunday lunchtime and there are lots of flowers etc.. left outside in tribute

Sad news, sad loss.... RIP Tony :love: :king:
angelharp.gif

Viva Hacienda :) :love:
club.gif