What is...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
The best flavour of crisps for a crisp butty?

I was having this conversation last night, the general consensus seems to be cheese & onion, but having gone on a recent crisp butty binge, i'm now edgeing more towards prawn cocktail.

What is your verdict OSA? :mexican:

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
The best flavour of crisps for a crisp butty?

I was having this conversation last night, the general consensus seems to be cheese & onion, but having gone on a recent crisp butty binge, i'm now edgeing more towards prawn cocktail.

What is your verdict OSA? :mexican:

Oh my god, me and Brandon have this convo all the time, he reckons salt and vinegar but even though they're my fave tyoe of crisp it just doesn't work in a sarny. I go cheese and onion mostly as it's more savoury but the other week i was on roast chicken with roast chicken crisps, that was lush!!

We also discuss stuff like what would you rather be, deaf or blind and which family member would you eat first should it ever come to it!! How the hours fly by!!;)

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Cherabella, depends what ya having it with..If I want my tuna butty beefing up a bit al put prawn crisps in, If Im having cheese al put cheese n onion in, and follow suit with beef...dont do salt n vinegar :hurl: and if them 3 aint about al have to resort to ready salted...Cheese n onion are the bees knees tho, they just smell SO rank, Im loving the Baked ones at the mo, they are luverly :D

Oh they have to be walkers n all, unless its monster munch.:D

xjojox

Jul 19, 2007
yeah i agree cheese n onion n the best, but prawn cocktail cum a close 2nd

i luv cheese n onion crisps on egg mayo buttys

But do u like egg mayo made wiv salad cream or mayo?

i like salad cream!

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006

But do u like egg mayo made wiv salad cream or mayo?

i like salad cream!

Salad cream all the way, prestonbird :thumbsup:

Council version of mayo imo, cant beat it :D

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Oh my god, me and Brandon have this convo all the time, he reckons salt and vinegar but even though they're my fave tyoe of crisp it just doesn't work in a sarny. I go cheese and onion mostly as it's more savoury but the other week i was on roast chicken with roast chicken crisps, that was lush!!

We also discuss stuff like what would you rather be, deaf or blind and which family member would you eat first should it ever come to it!! How the hours fly by!!;)

Hahahaha I can imagine you are rarely bored. I have the deaf or blind convo too, i'd def go with being deaf over blind. I haven't had the which family member would you eat though, good one, i'd probably eat my mother.

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Cherabella, depends what ya having it with..If I want my tuna butty beefing up a bit al put prawn crisps in, If Im having cheese al put cheese n onion in, and follow suit with beef...dont do salt n vinegar :hurl: and if them 3 aint about al have to resort to ready salted...Cheese n onion are the bees knees tho, they just smell SO rank, Im loving the Baked ones at the mo, they are luverly :D

Oh they have to be walkers n all, unless its monster munch.:D

Very good point Faye me dear. Coordinate the flavours. Then again would you not want them to kind of bring an extra flavour? Do you not just have crisp buttys on their own as well?? With just crisps as your filling??

I have just experimented with BBQ rib walkers and I can confirm, it does not work.

I agree salt n vinager should also be avoided as sandwhich material.

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York

I bet your burps stink after that. Them where you're still tasting it for days. You wanna wash it down with a nice 3 bag cup of herbal tea lol ;) hurl cocktail

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D
If it's just crisp as the filling, roast chicken deffo, followed by prawn cocktail.

If I am having crips as an additional filling it would have to salt and vinegar with ham ( I would never buy salt and vinegar crisp unless having them on a butty) and roast chicken with roast chicken.

Got to be walkers on white warbies bread, delish :)

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
We also discuss stuff like what would you rather be, deaf or blind

We got asked that in a lecture at uni - on a music course. I was the only one that said I'd rather go deaf than blind. Everyone else was going "yeah but music is my life, man." Pretty big part of my life too, but being blind must be horrendeos. :S

As for the crisp buttys, never really been into them. In fact I can't even remember the last time I had one! :eek: Maybe I should start experimenting!