Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJFINK

Jul 6, 2004
the wigan massive
www.oldskoolfm.co.uk
walkin on - dj fink *UPDATED*

ok peeps got a nother tune all done and dusted well not polished yet but the tune is built ;)
its got to be said this dont happen to me much but i did this tune in 5 hrs from start to end and imo its the most happy tune ive ever made and it just makes me nod mi head like a tool when i listen to it.
its a kind of funky house track with loads of funky guitar riffs and base riffs and its got to be said that i think they all compliment each other.....
anyway av a listen and see what u think hope u all like it as much as i do and if u can take the time to leave feedback as it helps wiv any changes in the future ;)
cheers peeps ...
right click and save as ;)

the updated version is here

Last edited:

Dj Bucky

Registered Member
Dec 13, 2005
m8,im lovin this feel good tune,got a summer feel to it,just what we need with all this bloody rain.anyways,it deffo gets a :thumbsup: from me.well done m8.:p :p

horseman101

Sep 18, 2006
this tune is class!! gotta say really liking this ;) would love to hear the other stuff you've produced :thumbsup: keep up the good work as always :)

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Pretty decent effort that mate. Only critcism would be the reverb on the vocal - bit too much and sounds a bit washed out :thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
A good effort there fink :thumbsup:

The piano is nice and sharp - all I'd change is re-structure the track to have a more mixable intro/build up and not introduce the piano part as soon, as it doesn't leave you with much else once the track gets going, ie its just the vocals then really.

Maybe some changes to the piano part midway as well to alternate between a couple of sequences, giving the feel of change throughout the track as the piano whilst sounding good, is very laidback and the addition of more notes either overplayed or a total sequence change would give it a boost.

(Not one mention of a Roland TR-... ) :mad:

DJFINK

Jul 6, 2004
the wigan massive
www.oldskoolfm.co.uk
nice 1 jamski ;) av started to re do already....
i tried to put 8 beats of a tr 909 kick in the middle just to break it up a bit but my pc foobared waooooow ;)
no man took yer comments on board big time and to tell u the truth i was gona change it round a bit anyways. was thinkin a bit of filter in there may be after the 2nd verse... dont wana spoil the track tho as i quite like it the way it was :$ its like a fine balance init :thumbsup:

cheers bro
nice feedback :thumbsup:

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
class mate, cud well get used to this, not really listened to too many tunes from this section, never knew the standard was so high. Top stuff. :thumbsup: :D

Ps.. are the vocals orig or sampled from another tuna?

DJFINK

Jul 6, 2004
the wigan massive
www.oldskoolfm.co.uk
nice 1 monty some flippin top feedback ;) will take all yer comments on board fella could do wiv u sat ere lmao i took the verb off the vocal and that does sound better but i seem to be strugglin wiv compression as i dont know how to use it right. think i need a crash corse lol will do what u said about the loopin of it and av a play about...
nice 1 for the comments monty and im dead glad u liked it :thumbsup:
dan