Do you peel aubergines?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
what ya making Shabba?

Not entirely sure yet, my son has decided to become a full on veg boy and doesn't want to eat any meat so we're having to expand our veg range a bit which suits me up to a point!!:|

I reck tonight it's a mixed bean and veg concoction with rice and tomorrow will be something similar but with pasta and when Minxy comes to stay with me on Friday she'll be getting pretty much the same but made into a lasagne!!:D

If i'm going to chop the aubergine up do i peel it? I can't think of what the skin is like when it's cooked:crazy:

Not entirely sure yet, my son has decided to become a full on veg boy and doesn't want to eat any meat so we're having to expand our veg range a bit which suits me up to a point!!:|

I reck tonight it's a mixed bean and veg concoction with rice and tomorrow will be something similar but with pasta and when Minxy comes to stay with me on Friday she'll be getting pretty much the same but made into a lasagne!!:D

If i'm going to chop the aubergine up do i peel it? I can't think of what the skin is like when it's cooked:crazy:

You keep it on - it's nice :) You ever had moussake ? It's in that...

Stuffed aubergines are also cool

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006

Get the quorn in :hurl:

I think its like cucumber, shit no Im think of courgettes :axe:

You peel it deffo...clean, peel and chop...deffo :thumbsup:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
You shouldn't peel them but you should soak them sliced in water first after (salted water I think). It gets rid of the bitterness.

Amelie knows more on this than me - I'll ask her.

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
You keep it on - it's nice :) You ever had moussake ? It's in that...

Stuffed aubergines are also cool

I thought it was courgettes, mousakke is well nice, first had it in Cyprus, didnt know what it was, thought it was some lasagne effigy :confused: Fooking well nice, theres this cafe owned by Greeks in Huddersfield and they serve it there...Mmmmm tasty :thumbsup:

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Right, i can confirm that the skin can stay on the aubergine when cooking, it was well nice!! I didn't get the salt water info until afterwards though but it wasn't a problem:thumbsup:

And, i have to say, aubergines are top to hold, i don't know what it is but they feel ace, i was holding it for about 10 mins before i chopped that baby up:D

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Aubergines...Cleaned, peeled and chopped :thumbsup: Found on cookery website

Attachments

• aubergine.jpg
    aubergine.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 250