Lost Konspiracy Tapes

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
just found my access all areas pass for "a rave in da caves" the private do i was on about earlier in this thread.shame i aint got a scanner as i could up that for the archive.
think the response from these mixes that nick did back in 1990 has quite overwhelmed mr grayson, but tapes like this are rare as fuck and like gold dust to music lovers/ravers/old twats*delete where applicable and even youngsters who know.
nick my memory must be as bad as yours coz i've got some of these tracks and that emanon one was doing my head in as i havnt seen it for ages.
btw, nick is working on a new mix but thats another story.........
DAMO.:cool:

butts

Mar 25, 2006
The only tape I ever had relating to Konspiracy was a poor copy of a compilation tape of 'Kon Classics'. This was the first club I ever went to about the same time this tape was made. Went with Man Alive off here. Thanks so much. Many sweaty happy memories - the ideal club for mooching from room to room for a change of music.

It was us that nicked the sign off the front door after it had closed down - we tried pulling the whole thing off but the end bit wouldn't budge so we only got KONSP!!

geeselad

May 25, 2007
never whent but this mix seems to sum up so much that twas good bout de times, do recall me mates being there the night of the infamous stabbin, shame but with the unsavory types that as you said couldnt get into Hac you got trouble eventually, thanks for sharing this its a quality mix, anyone remember the sound garden of even the House that was in picaddilly gardens from this time?

butts

Mar 25, 2006
Went to both the Soundgarden and The House. Soundgarden was near to Sascha's hotel with the Spinmasters every week at about the same time - late 1990. 'The House' was on Picadilly Gardens and I think Jay Wierden was the DJ most if not all of the time. Soundgarden was tiny but brilliant, especially if you listened to the 808 show in the week because it was all their same tunes.

Last edited:

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
Went to both the Soundgarden and The House. Soundgarden was near to Sascha's hotel with the Spinamasters every week at about the same time - late 1990. 'The House' was on Picadilly Gardens and I think Jay Wierden was the DJ most if not all of the time. Soundgarden was tiny but brilliant, especially if you listened to the 808 show in the week because it was all their same tunes.

Happy Days :p

polanski23

Apr 7, 2007
Katoomba, Australia
Loved the thread and really loved the mixes.......quality all the way.....as you guys have said it's great to find tapes like this.....a real find......got to say i know very little about Konspiracy.........but i'm hungry for more......and more stuff by Mr Grayson....liked his tunes and mixing:band:

skunkfreaker

Jun 8, 2007
Salford
Never quite made it to Konspiracy back in the day, used to be a regular down the Hac tho. Great days, great music. Brilliant upload, thanks for that, very generous.

faxx

Dec 20, 2006
Manchester
Thanks for this mix, brought back many memories of one of Manchester's finest if not scariest clubs.

Have a flyer...

Attachments

• Konspiracy 2.JPG
    Konspiracy 2.JPG
    409.2 KB · Views: 630
  • Konspirasy 1.JPG
    Konspirasy 1.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 360

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
Brilliant

:thumbsup:

Went twice or thrice back then. A lot of my pals were more keen on Isadora's and we ended up there more often :$

Just getting stuck into side 1 with 2 on the d/l. phones:

Cheers :wave:

peno

Jul 24, 2007
thanx

When I first found the internet and these types of forums through sheer boredom at work, I was looking for anything to do with the Hacienda, Konspiracy and Shelleys, 3 clubs important to me in my youth. On the day I registered here I was listening to a tribute tape made by a lad who DJ'd there, I used the clubs name as a login and its sort of stuck:S

Not much has been written about Konspiracy, it was possibly the most underground club in Manchester in 1990 after the demise of the Thunderdome, unfortunately I never made it there. It had an edge so to speak, but anyone could get in, dodgy types from Salford, students, kids who couldnt get in the Hacienda. Tapes from there are very rare, I never heard of any knocking around back in the day and all that

Ive just got a PM from Nick Grayson who used to DJ there, and hes managed to dig a couple up. Thanks a lot Nick, havent listened to them yet but they are going straight on the mp3 player for tomorrow. As you say in your message, fly by the seat of your pants, and thats exactly what it was:D

Here are the links

mix a

nickgrayson_konspiracy_november_1990_a.mp3 - DivShare

mix b

nickgrayson_konspiracy_november_1990_b.mp3 - DivShare

thanx for the d/load