Advice on converting vinyl to top quality MP3's?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Art Awreet

Jan 12, 2007
London
Was wondering if anyone could help out there. I am trying to convert my collection of old skool house to MP3. I've done about a third of my tunes (about 200 tracks or so) but have noticed that the quality is not as good as some tracks I've downloaded from Bearshare (to compare) for example, which sound much more like CD quality.

I'm using a proper (soundlab) deck (though old!) with an Earth cable into KAM GM40 mixer (which then feeds into the PC). The conversion software I'm doing this through is Musicmatch.

The problem is that I no matter how much I try and optimise the recording voilume on the mixer on PC system, I still get some background, which tracks I have got from elsewhere don't have. This might be because I haven't changed my stanton needle system/head for a long time (will do next weekend). I selected the 128kbps standard CD quality option in Musicmatch for the MP3's

Anyone any advice on how I can convert my vinyl to a better clearer sound for converting to new MP3's, and for whether the is any software around for cleaning up the MP3's I've already recorded? Much apreciated

swatt

Apr 22, 2007
Italy
remember, don't do joint stereo but just STEREO.. and for the programm, i've ripped many records with Steinberg Wavelab, top programm :)