Joey Barton - Scouse twat or flawed genius ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Well... ?

• Utter cock - City would be well rid

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • The destructive Gascoigne of his generation - very sad

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don't have to sell my soul, he's already in me

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
One incident too far, the lad has got to go, which is what he wants anyway. If he stays City might as well put up a banner saying Players Here CAN be bigger than the club..

It was always on the cards after his rant a couple of weeks ago. It looked to me as if he was at the beginning of engineering a move away

As for the Gascoigne comparision, FFS give over Shooms, the lad is a good player, but thats it, he thinks he's Gerrard but he is far from it. He should sit down and watch a video of Ali Bernarbia, the best midfielder in a City shirt since Colin Bell. What a shame City didnt get him 10 years earlier:(

Typical City, a laughing stock, always one step away from a crisis

mr ben

Mar 22, 2006
huyton
One incident too far, the lad has got to go, which is what he wants anyway. If he stays City might as well put up a banner saying Players Here CAN be bigger than the club..

It was always on the cards after his rant a couple of weeks ago. It looked to me as if he was at the beginning of engineering a move away

As for the Gascoigne comparision, FFS give over Shooms, the lad is a good player, but thats it, he thinks he's Gerrard but he is far from it. He should sit down and watch a video of Ali Bernarbia, the best midfielder in a City shirt since Colin Bell. What a shame City didnt get him 10 years earlier:(

good points mate and very true , thats what i like to see a well put veiw ....:thumbsup:

Charlie

Jun 16, 2003
Carlisle
www.myspace.com
Reminds me of when Bellamy played for us (Newcastle). Good player, who gives 110% everytime he goes out on that pitch and when he plays well the team tends to play well too. But unfortunatly sometimes the bad points outweigh the good ones and eventually something has to give.

JB was on soccer am a few weeks ago and he actually seemed like a decent bloke, it's just when that red mist decends that he's a nutcase.

There has been quite a few players over the years who were mild and placid until they crossed that touchline on a saturday afternoon and then they became mad men. Unfortunatly in Joeys case he seems to have that mad streak all the time, and until he manages to calm himself down, he'll end up another journey man going from club to club, or worse still, inside like his half brother.

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town

Which is I suppose part of the interest in being a blue - never dull.

Barton is a good player but not in the same league as Gazza or today - Gerrard. as much as I like the lad think we should cut our losses and sell him.

leonpride

Mar 17, 2007
chesterfield
www.myspace.com
IMHO i think he is one of the most overatted players i av ever seen, yes he's not a bad player, but he certainly isn't as good as some make him out 2b, I think that unfortunatly 4 man c, they aren't the best team in the league, an somebody like Barton is gonna show out as better than he actually is! Yes man c av 2 sell him, it wouldn't b fair on the assaulted player 2 let him bac into the team, plus wat kind of message would that send out.

I think that wen he does leave, he'll show himself as the player he really isn't.

Davey T

Sep 15, 2004
Reminds me of when Bellamy played for us (Newcastle). Good player, who gives 110% everytime he goes out on that pitch and when he plays well the team tends to play well too. But unfortunatly sometimes the bad points outweigh the good ones and eventually something has to give.

JB was on soccer am a few weeks ago and he actually seemed like a decent bloke, it's just when that red mist decends that he's a nutcase.

There has been quite a few players over the years who were mild and placid until they crossed that touchline on a saturday afternoon and then they became mad men. Unfortunatly in Joeys case he seems to have that mad streak all the time, and until he manages to calm himself down, he'll end up another journey man going from club to club, or worse still, inside like his half brother.

Agree with all that, Bellamy being a perfect example :cool:

As a city fan, i think we should get rid - don't get me wrong, i'd like to keep Barton, but, when players start thinking they're bigger than the club is time to do one !!!

He's a good player that arguably drives our team but he's a loose cannon, simple as that - it's difficult to work out whether he's the type of player you want in the dressing room or not ? - do the other players think he's a cock or do they feel inspirated by his desire, difficult to say ?

He's certainly not irreplaceable and definately not in the same league as Stevee G, so, whilst it'd be a loss to the team, in my opinion, we should cash in now whilst we still can !!

In Joey's defence, purely based on Dabo's performances, i'd have sparked the fukker n all lol ;) but that's another story !!!!

Ponka

Aug 27, 2005
Middleton
www.mcfc.co.uk
Sorry but Bernarbia as good a player as he was was not a patch on Kinkladze who was the best player i've ever seen in a city shirt by a long chalk... (this obviously discounts Mr Bell and several of his team mates as im too young to have ever seen them play)

Back to the thread Barton should be and will be out this summer, the only problem is now we will lose about 50% of his value cos of him being a childish cowardly prick. Good player in the middle of the park but his striking ability or rather the lack of it will always leave him in the shadow of Gerrard et al. The only reason he is our top scorer this season is because the forwards are porbably worse than me.....

Bromhead

Apr 19, 2007
He's had enough chances now and he's blown every single one of em. City would be well rid of a knob'ed like him.

ruffers

VIP Silver Member
Sorry but Bernarbia as good a player as he was was not a patch on Kinkladze who was the best player i've ever seen in a city shirt by a long chalk...

Sure I read the other day Kinky's still only 32 and without a club...

Paul Lake was the best midfielder, he was pure class

What easty said

any updates on what's happening about barton then?

how many chances can one person have?

Dabo's pressing charges I think, but Joey's put in a complaint against him now.

Top comedic stuff from my boys in blue...