Hacienda Live - Graeme Parke & Mike Pickering August 1989

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Robbie Chopper

Mar 23, 2006
On the mo-fo'in 1's and 2's
OH MY GOD, as someone who lived a bit too far away and never really knew much about the Hacienda back then, this sort of post just gives me a buzz and a half, i've never even seen that film about the Hac and that, (think its called "party People" or summat, dont even want to see it cos i have this image in my head of what it would have been like in that club and i dont want some mediocre British film to ruin that image)

Respect for upping these, just listened to part 1 and it blew my socks clean OFF !!!!
My birds only 23 and she said "what the F*** are you listening to ?" i said "this my dear, is clubbing fucking history" ;)

Thanks a million for these, they're gonna get hammered on my mp3 at work :thumbsup:

||foca||

Mar 23, 2007
Argentina, South America
www.myspace.com
Tracklisting

(from Graeme Park / Mike Pickering @ Hacienda Nude Aug 1989 )

1. Gino Latino - No Sorry (european piano tune)
2. Kaos - Definition Of Love (track feat in grand piano)
3. Inner City 'Do You Love What You Feel' (power 41 Remix)
4. Royal House - Get Funky
5. Raven Maize - Forever Together "you and me, together"
6. White Knight - Keep It Movin ('Cause The Crowd Says So) Insane Mix
7. Sound Factory - Cuban Gigolo "pound your feet & dance to the beat"
8. Dionne - Come Get My Loving
9. 28th Street Crew - I Need A Rhythm
10. Adeva - Warning
11. The Bass Boyz - Lost In The Bass (mike "hitman" wilson mix) "yeah boy"rob bass
12. Julian Jumpin Perez & Kool Rock Steady - Aint We Funky Now
13. Monie Love - Grandpas Party
14. Toni Scott - Thats How Im Living
15. Chubb Rock with Howie Tee - Yo Bad Chubbs (Crib mix)
16. Akasa - One Night in My Life (briefly)

1. Akasa - One Night in My Life
2. Kid N Play - 2 Hype (inst)
3. Kenny Jammin Jason & DJ Fast Eddie - Can U Dance
4. Jungle Crew - Elektic Dance
5. NWA - Express Yourself
6. Big Daddy Kane - Warm It Up
7. Queen Latifah - Dance For Me
8. MCs Logik - Get Involved (in it to win it mix) "on & on it keeps flowing, hiphop music" female rap
9. Reese - Rock To The Beat (vocal mix)
10. Da Posse - Strings
11. R Tyme - R Theme
12. Doug Lazy - Let It Roll (dub)
13. Frankie Bones - We Call it Techno
14. Seduction - Youre My One & Only (True Love) C&C New York House Mix "we got a love, left your suitcase at the door"
15. Sandee - Notice Me (notice the house mix)
16. The Forgemasters - Track With No Name (warp)
17. Diskonexion - Love Rush (Put On Mix)
18. Black Box - Ride On Time
19. Sterling Void - Runaway Girl
(unknown accapella "hey dj")
20. Annette - Dream 17

1. Annette - Dream 17
2. Phase II - Reachin
(twirly sound in between tracks)
3. Orange Lemon - Dreams Of Santa Anna
4. Shannon - Let The Music Play
5. Carly Simon - Why
(Martin Luther King speech)
6. Imagination - Just An Illusion (Park & Pickering Mix)
7. Company 2 - Tell it As it Is
8. Roberta Flack - Uhh Uhh Ohh Ohh (here it comes)
9. 2 In A Room - Somebody In The House Say yeah
(twirly sound in between tracks)
10. Richie Rich - Salsa House (orig)
11. Redhead Kingpin & The FBI - Do The Right Thing
12. Digital Underground - Do What Ya Like

1. Digital Underground - Do What Ya Like
2. Kariya - Let Me Love You For Tonight
3. Nocera - Summertime, Summertime
4. Lil Louie - French Kiss
(Sylvester - you make me feel Mighty Real accapella)
5. 808 State - Pacific State
6. Sueno Latino - Sueno Latino
7. Dynamic Duo - In The Pocket (Hip House Dub?) "feel good, I feel good"
8. Da Posse - Its My Life
9. Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
10. Mix N' Tel - Feel The Beat (Pierres mix) "get down" male rap
11. Gary Jackmaster Wallace - House Every Night (Oh Yeah Mix)

walgman

Mar 30, 2007
heh heh

Robbie you didn't live as far away as mr. foca here who kindly gave us the tracklisting.

the movie is called '24 hour party people' and features steve coogan at his best.

the hacienda was aparrantly faithfully reconstructed. i did however expect the club to be in the film for longer. it was only in it for a few minutes. i watched it in a cinema alone in the auditorium with two other strangers one sunny afternoon. i admit i shed a tear.

i remember tony wilson (coogan) in there regularly seemingly coked up and always wearing daft shorts or other strange clothes.

its well worth watching. highly entertaining and seeing the excess and bad management of the happy mondays etc is amazing. its far from mediocre anyway!

i know what you mean about your mrs. mine is younger still and foreign and she loves dance music and clubbing but i think if i ever sat her down and tried to explain i would be wasting my time and almost blagging in some way.

i have maybe 15 hac tapes and this i found last week is heads above the rest. decent quality, live feel and nice and long.

who would have thought all those years ago dancing on some random friday night that we would be digitally sharing what we where hearing then on something called the internet and aged the wrong side of 35! let alone a guy from the other side of the planet supplying the playlist!

||foca||

Mar 23, 2007
Argentina, South America
www.myspace.com
who would have thought all those years ago dancing on some random friday night that we would be digitally sharing what we where hearing then on something called the internet and aged the wrong side of 35! let alone a guy from the other side of the planet supplying the playlist!

life is pretty strange :thumbsup:

thanks for the post m8ey, I really enjoy it.

P.s.: The movie is great.

Robbie Chopper

Mar 23, 2006
On the mo-fo'in 1's and 2's
might have to check the film out then if it comes recomended, listened to the rest of the mixes now and they are excellent, i've got an old Mike Pickering tape i "aquired" from somewhere years ago, i think its from 91, i wonder if its from the Hac ???? although he probably played all over back then so the chances are pretty slim.

Cheers,
Robbie :D

matt72

May 22, 2006
Manchester.
heh heh

Robbie you didn't live as far away as mr. foca here who kindly gave us the tracklisting.

the movie is called '24 hour party people' and features steve coogan at his best.

the hacienda was aparrantly faithfully reconstructed. i did however expect the club to be in the film for longer. it was only in it for a few minutes. i watched it in a cinema alone in the auditorium with two other strangers one sunny afternoon. i admit i shed a tear.

i remember tony wilson (coogan) in there regularly seemingly coked up and always wearing daft shorts or other strange clothes.

its well worth watching. highly entertaining and seeing the excess and bad management of the happy mondays etc is amazing. its far from mediocre anyway!

i know what you mean about your mrs. mine is younger still and foreign and she loves dance music and clubbing but i think if i ever sat her down and tried to explain i would be wasting my time and almost blagging in some way.

i have maybe 15 hac tapes and this i found last week is heads above the rest. decent quality, live feel and nice and long.

It really was in my opinion the best club ever and made even more memorable and special because it no longer exists.

I started going early 91 (i think) til 94. Wish i had been born a few years earlier so i could have experienced 88/89 which probably were its best years.

What i would give to turn back the clock and experience the Hacienda again at its peak.

If you have any tapes that havent already been put up on here or that Brady hasnt got listed on his site then i and many others on here would be truly grateful if you took time to put them up :thumbsup:

Last edited:

walgman

Mar 30, 2007
drunk now!

it wasn't the best club ever!

it was pretty damn cool though.

watch the movie though. not about house more about indie.

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
I got some old tapes somewhere of Greame Park at the Hac around '88 I think.. Bit heavy and acidy in places with sections of hip hop.. thanks to a boyfriend of my sister's that worked behind the bar at the time.

Being the wrong side of 35 myself I wouldn't have the software or knowhow to upload these myself, but would be more than willing to do so with a little help from my friends ;)

Many special memories from this place. First stumbled across it in about 86/87when it was still trying to find its true identity and if memory serves you would get chunks of hip hop (I always recall Mantronix being played at the Hac in those days), Reggae and allsorts.

Thanks for these by the way. Downloaded the first last night and couldn't sleep! Just doing 2 and 3 now.. can't wait!

dazz m

Mar 13, 2006
sunny morecambe
on the download now matey,cheers!:thumbsup:
never went meself but had a copy of a tape of tom wainwright from '93 that randomguy upped a few months ago. quality classic house at its best!phones:

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
I got some old tapes somewhere of Greame Park at the Hac around '88 I think.. Bit heavy and acidy in places with sections of hip hop.. thanks to a boyfriend of my sister's that worked behind the bar at the time.

Being the wrong side of 35 myself I wouldn't have the software or knowhow to upload these myself, but would be more than willing to do so with a little help from my friends ;)
Never come accross any '88 hac tapes before... would deffo be interested in hearing them! Here's a thread on how to rip tapes...

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/music-chat/48577-recording-sample-pc-faq.html

If that's no use to you you could always send me copies of the tapes and i'll rip em?? Can hook you up with a few '89 Hac sets in return.

Anway... welcome to the forum :wave:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk

i would be willing to help out too, if they are 1988 hac mixes they would be the first ones that have surfaced so far

if you could send me copys of the tapes i would be willing to convert them to mp3 ;)

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
Never come accross any '88 hac tapes before... would deffo be interested in hearing them! Here's a thread on how to rip tapes...

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/music-chat/48577-recording-sample-pc-faq.html

If that's no use to you you could always send me copies of the tapes and i'll rip em?? Can hook you up with a few '89 Hac sets in return.

Anway... welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks pal.

I've since dug these tapes out. The one from the Hac is Kula Shaker, man, and really quite different, with many a classic mixed with stuff you don't hear on other oskool mixes. I'd even mocked up a FAC51 NUDE insert in yellow and black. The actual tape has got a little nick in it at one point though, which can cause the thing to stop.

The other 2 tapes are marked up 'Greame Park The Garage Club Nottingham' and are very similar tunes / genre.

I'd be more than willing to share (after all the quality tunage I've had off here recently it's the least I can do!) and I do fancy getting into how to do it. Truth is I probably haven't got the time (I'm up now at 0630 Sunday morning grabbing an hour before the kids get up!!!), but I really fancy getting these onto mp3.

Bit nervous about the Hac one getting damaged, what with its slight deformity, but I'm sure I can trust the integrity of the board to get this sorted in some way.

So, either I could get them copied (tape to tape ... yeah ;) ) and send the copy, although I'm not sure how this would affect the quality of the sound.

Or if anyone is in or around Manchester and wants to get them off me to rip then let me know.

Cheers.

noggy

Mar 6, 2005
i would have paid a very large sum of money to have been in the middle of the dancefloor when them last 3 tracks on the last mix came on:thumbsup: