YODJ records,Halifax,Yorkshire....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
...... beware he advertises records on gemm then wastes your time by completing transactions and then finding out what that the record is worth more than he advertised it for and cancelling transaction.He then has the cheek to relist it the same day at a higher price the sneaky git:( :(

youve been warned

tag:naughty:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Does he accept paypal?

Perhaps someone could set up a new email address/account on Gemm and buy all his stock, and then cancel all the orders, just perhaps ;)

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
FTAO: lawler

There is another record shop in the other market (borough market, i think) its run by pete & gary from bradleys records (closed down) if you know of em?
:thumbsup:

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
There is another record shop in the other market (borough market, i think) its run by pete & gary from bradleys records (closed down) if you know of em?
:thumbsup:

yeah this is YODJ - owned by gary and pete me thinks.. aint been down yet - but ive been told they dont do as much vinyl as they did at bradleys and concentrate more on cd's these days...
cant really beleive theyd try scamming on gemm as there both sound as fook!

Last edited:

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
yeah this is YODJ - owned by gary and pete me thinks.. aint been down yet - but ive been told they dont do as much vinyl as they did at bradleys and concentrate more on cd's these days...
cant really beleive theyd try scamming on gemm as there both sound as fook! but barstewards for doing it! :mad:

never knew that mate, i think i shall go in and make them aware that what they are doin is not right...dodgy rippin off mo fos :naughty: in fact im gonna print this thread off and show em...as al murray would say: SHAME ON YOU :D

lawler

Jul 29, 2006
Halifax
?

Any you ppl who buy tunes in halifax been to that other record shop in piece hall - called andys wall or records or summat?

Aint been in and just wondered wot it was like?

Lawler:turn:

StuHarmer

Nov 7, 2006
The Wall Of Sound record shop is geared more towards albums on vinyl and spans every genre of music except dance. The only dance stuff he has is a few classics but not much to write home about but then i only went in after old school. I suppose there may be some indie stuff there like Stone Roses and such like but he's more albums than singles. It is still a fantastic shop though if the music he sells is what you're looking for. I can't see how he makes money though as most stuff these days no matter how old is available on cd AND over the 'net. (I hate cd's mind, i love seeing shops crammed with vinyl as i'm a vinyl junkie me!! lol) Oh and wear a thick jacket when ya go in cos it's always freezing in there!!

Yo! Deejay

Apr 28, 2007
In Response

In Response

Firstly I would like to have my say in this one sided post.

TAG did order a vinyl from our shop via GEMM which was in fact out of stock & Alan was notified of this. This transaction was NEVER completed (Processed) unlike the post says at the top of the page. This order was CANCELLED as the record was not in stock and for the following reason.

Now when a vinyl sells out from our site what we then do is a price check on what the going price for that record would be if we managed to get another copy, which worked out at an average of £50 going from what other sellers are selling this at.

Now our GEMM database is in two parts STOCK & SOLD OUT. Now after selling an item what we do is a price check as stated above and then move over (copy & paste) into our personal sold out database, where info is kept just in case we get another copy at a later date, hence saving time to re-listing the same item again.

So what has happened is this. This item has been price changed after selling, but not moved into our personal SOLD database, so it’s re-appeared into the STOCK database on GEMM, which happens when the GEMM database is replaced (updated). I did get an email from Alan asking why this item was 5 times more expensive than when he ordered the initial copy a couple of days earlier to my response in this email:
* Strange? I'll have a look, i don't have one at the moment either.
Thanks for the info
YO! Deejay
I can understand that this may have looked a bit dodgy at the time to Alan but in reality I didn’t have a copy of the vinyl to sell at that price anyway it was re-listed again by accident onto the GEMM site after initially selling the only copy I had a month or so earlier.

We have both been working in the record shop business since (Gary 1989) & (Pete 1991) & have always put customer satisfaction as our first aim. I hope this response finalizes the scenario in this one off incident.

Yo! Deejay records.

Last edited by a moderator:

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
We have both been working in the record shop business since (Gary 1989) & (Pete 1991) & have always put customer satisfaction as our first aim. I hope this response finalizes the scenario in this one off incident.

Yo! Deejay records.

What about the TFO-Mekanika,that my mate ordered for 6 quid and then you relisted for 60 or 65 quid or somat? :D

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
A nice explanation that, but I think speaking for myself, don't know about others - I'd be avoiding your site like the plague if you are hiking prices up by 5 times, you've probably nailed your own sales coffin there, well done :)

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
yeah and dont band my fuckin real name about on a public forum,like jammer says defo nailed yer own coffin shut there dude,thers 2 customers ya have just lost anyway