Last Rhythm/Accapella

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Alright everyone, a just wanted to know what people thought about using Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm with an accapella. Ive heard people in the past say that this tune is so good it doesnt really need an accapella and I agree with them. Ive know people use the Freestyle Orchestra over it but i dont think it works out that well. One of the ones i use is the accapella of Opus iii - Its A Fine Day and to me it sounds mint:thumbsup:

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
Alright everyone, a just wanted to know what people thought about using Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm with an accapella. Ive heard people in the past say that this tune is so good it doesnt really need an accapella and I agree with them. Ive know people use the Freestyle Orchestra over it but i dont think it works out that well. One of the ones i use is the accapella of Opus iii - Its A Fine Day and to me it sounds mint:thumbsup:

lol ooohhh dont get this lot started! It's scandalous to stick an accapella over last rhythm don't you know?:p

In response to your question though. The 2006 Martijn Ten Velden mix of Last Rhythm sounds amazing with Shannon - Let the music play or Pamela Fernandez - Kickin' in the beat accapella over it! They fit perfectly:cool:

I did stick an accapella over the original a while back that sounded really good, can't remember what it was though, but I remember it didnt begin to compare with the Silvie Coleman vocal mix so I didnt play it again...

grover

Jun 5, 2003
It probably is that good you can play it without an acca.... but also sounds good if you get it right with an acca over it.... i heard one over the weekend that Woody played and it sounded great... Colonel Abrahams - trapped over it.
John Kelly used to play love is in the air over it which wasn't in tone really but it worked really well in a club...

here's one that i used to do lol... fever called love..

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

It probably is that good you can play it without an acca.... but also sounds good if you get it right with an acca over it.... i heard one over the weekend that Woody played and it sounded great... Colonel Abrahams - trapped over it.
John Kelly used to play love is in the air over it which wasn't in tone really but it worked really well in a club...

here's one that i used to do lol... fever called love..

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

nice work :thumbsup: plutes , im same as u on the JK mix with LAST RHYTHM / LOVE IS IN THE AIR accapella , sorta worked ok ish

http://www.quadrantpark.com/mp3/sound3.mp3

although not really my cup of tea AT ALL :p thousands of happy clubbers cheered in the quad when it came on in 91 ;) so i suppose its all bout rite time rite place ,:mad:

jjc tribute

Jun 26, 2004
Boothstown
Quality tune, either on its own or with voclas. A big fan of Sasha's mixes using accapellas over it.
Also like this mix by Trix, not strictly an accapella but a nice use of vocals at the start. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• last rhythm.mp3
    707.4 KB · Views: 109

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I'm with you Bob, don't like acca's over last rhythm, only as there's a lot of key changes in melodies in last rhythm, so most acca's sound out of tune over the top of it.

The vocal remix is class, I'd say I like the orig and vocal remix just the same :thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Thats a very brave thing to say mate, its like saying you liked Naf Naf the same as Naff Co. 54 exactly the same, we all know the proper one is the best:thumbsup:

LOL each to their own, I find if you play one, then play the other so as your not hammering one all the time, you don't get sick of either then ;)

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Iv said this before but my favourite version is the Jimmy Gomez remix :eek: :eek: :eek:

Adore the original & vocal mix too :love:

Italo at its very best :thumbsup:

Oh and sounds good with or without an acca imo phones:

lol

I'm with you Bob, don't like acca's over last rhythm, only as there's a lot of key changes in melodies in last rhythm, so most acca's sound out of tune over the top of it.

The vocal remix is class, I'd say I like the orig and vocal remix just the same :thumbsup:

Bloody Hell.......the Jammer !!!

not often me and you see eye to eye on something.......lol normally completely different views and tastes !!

Well it is Friday after all !

Infact tune in today and I think this deserves an airing....

Bob