old equipment question!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
hello all, how the hell are you!?

i recently gained a Roland Tr707 Rhythm Composer. i really dont know where to start with this.
ive used KORG EA's and ER's and they seem a little more simple than this old device. it seems a waste to leave it lying around, it cant have had much use, it still has original Roland batteries in it, although it works through mains too.

anyone offering any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Jamphones:

edit : i also have a Aphex systems studio clock...wat the hell is it used for?!

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Sell it! don't bother with it mess aroud with new Technology instead,you will benefit more from it depending what you want out if it that is....

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Sell it! don't bother with it mess aroud with new Technology instead,you will benefit more from it depending what you want out if it that is....

Have a word with yourself outside! :p

Keep it, it's a piece of house music history, not as good as the TR-909 (the king of dance drum machines which the bass drum became THE house standard)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Fair enough if he is a collector then keep it but if he is making modern electronic music {for this generation} lol he will have no use for it will just make his music sound old and time is precious,i would rather help people with there production what to use etc that thing will just slow him down....

Now where did i put Jimmy Hendrix guitar! :cool:

Here it is in my Robin Reliant...