Daisy revisited

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Still too mashed to write proper review but just wanted to say...what a fuckin boss night:D
Well done Ian..you did us proud..and Plutes..tuuuuuuuuunesphones:
Nice to see ya to see ya nice, get ya crack pipes at the ready becuase we're chasing orphan pigeons:D

amazing nite

WELL where do you start :eek: what an utterly AMAZING nite from start to finish ,the whole club was almost full by 11pm and both rooms were rocking all nite long ,the atmosphere was fantastic , i wasnt sure if id caputure the exact vibe of the old state ,but again i recon i managed to pull it off with the help of some great djs , kicking off with PLUTOs 3 hour set which i heard most of (as i was on guest list duties downstairs most of the nite) was just out of this world :D

Then i headed upstairs bout 11.30 to catch a bit of steve proctors hour in the loft ,he had the crowd absolutley rocking dropping tunes like jungle crew - electric dance + bam bam - give it to me along side stuff like the human league -dont you want me ,a perfectly mixed set of across the board 80s tunes just like back in the day:thumbsup:

Next up at midnight was the highlight of the event for most people the PA Scarlet Fantastic performing no memory live, and boy what a really moving thing it was to see , the whole crowd singing along clapping just brilliant ,check out the clips on u tube see for yourself

YouTube - SCARLET FANTASTIC LIVE@ DAISY REVISTED 24/3/07

YouTube - scarlet fantastic live @ daisy pt 2

YouTube - scarlet fantastic pt 3 daisy

YouTube - SCARLET FANTASTIC LIVE PA PT 5 @ DAISY on stage view

next on upstairs after the PA was andy carroll with a blinding 2 hour set of acid house monsters before mike knowler took over :thumbsup:

there was so much going on i was hopping up n down stairs all nite after that to try and catch some of steve proctors 2 hour set down stairs ,again outstanding :) will defo be getting this guy on again ;)

then to top off what was already a perfect night maggie had loved it so much she asked if could she sing again :eek: we said sure go for it, so at 2.50am she brought the house down again with an even better version of no memories , then mike knowler finished the night in true 80s state style with THE WATERBOYS Whole of the moon :love: loads of loved up people hugging each other ,holding hands singing along to every single word ....

big shouts to all the djs mike , andy , pluto , steve +
maggie from scarlet fantastic :D

special thanks to all the people who helped out on the nite , mike for filming the event and providing those brilliant visuals ,ste dodgyscouser for all the websutff ,derek + marty for looking after the door with me , shanine + co on lollypop n glowstick duties , and my lisa :love: for looking after maggie + everyone else backstage...and of course my MUM for doing the till :D

also thanks to all the friendly up for it clubbers who came down and partied and helped make this a truly special event :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
Proper Boss Night

Had a really good time good to see all the old hazydayz people god i miss that place but this daisey night was deffo my cup of tea. I had such a good time it was funny because people recognized me from the old hazy dvds was funny to meet someone from amsterdam who had seen me raving on dvd from hazy..
PLUTO thanks for being you mate your boss stayed downstaires to here some cracking tunes i aint herd in ages the whole feel to the night was good everyone there for one thing that was to have a good time big shout out to shaz we finnally got the conversation over after that paparatziiiii spree of flashing camera lights and people butting in sayign take this picture.. was loverly to see you and all the others ste, annie,nicks,melenko and his loverly girlfriend my old mate MESH and her fella love yas to bits thanks for the after party....miss lolipop thanks for sorting out me ticket didnt see you much as you were bizzy on lolipop duty anet kerry and her fella david blaine the magic man i still wake up thinking how the fook did that card get on the ceiling lol..
what a laugh i aint laughed that much in ages total randomness nicks kept her shoes on all night i was in shock STE tried to sneak in on the bar but i beat him to it lol he was like a sniper trying to pick me off lol... hazy daisey im going to call the night because i felt like i was back in good old hazydayz will always be a place in my heart for all the people that went there and who still venture out clubbing at these great events ventured up staires the place was booming dance floor was rocking superfreak was doing his one and only funkster dance nice to see you getting funky and having a good time...
great to see the old geezer from the quad rocking the dance floor were was his quadrantpark top tho lol had a funny chat with him said hes got stickers for his car saying quadrantpark but wont put em on his car incase police stop him on the road i nearly pissed meself laughing hes a fooking legend used to be up in hazy with the fog horn great to think i could be still bopping to yeke yeke at 60 years of age lol... Mike knowler was rocking upstaires aswell as the brian ferry look alike top dj he played a fooking stormer of a set what a guy ended his night downstaires with some pure classics was great to have a dance with pluto and the hazy crew proper felt like a big family outing lol...

what more can i say it was just one of the best nights ive had in a while and i can remember the whole night which is weird after party at mesh was funny walk along the otterspool prom at 6 in the morn looking over to birkenhead just put cheery on the cake for me thanks simon for the beers and the walkathon back to your palace.... may daisey be the new hazy i wouldnt mind hitting that place everymonth big thanks to ian kenyon and crew for such a good night HAZY DAISEY DAYS WOOOOO WHOOO....

Attachments

• Picture 036.jpg
    Picture 036.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 100.jpg
    Picture 100.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Picture 104.jpg
    Picture 104.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 168
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture 037.jpg
    Picture 037.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
More Pics

HERE SOME MORE PICTURES FROM THE NIGHT :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: BIG HELLO TO LIVERBIRD AND FRIENDS ASWELL NICE TO FINALLY MEET YOU XXX

Attachments

• Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Picture 070.jpg
    Picture 070.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 160
cracking nite

what an amazing nite was great to see so many people i aint seen in ages :D
music was fantastic heard a bit of everyones sets :cool: :thumbsup:
was standing at entrance when doors opened so seen quite a few of the old hazy crew :p
big shouts out to pluto andy mike steve and scartlet fantastic u lot were great - music was rocking from start to finish :thumbsup:
shouts to shaz, mouse, angiewillo, doolz, derek, hrtr and mrs, sunshine and fella, sfc, elvis, shaun c and cathy, ste n annie, gandt, my dance off partner mesh, si, stee n vics, nics, mel n kee, scouse col, scouse bird, liverbird, lollypop (shanine) and mates, aswell as all the madheads from the quad board :thumbsup: (hope i aint missed anyone)
scarlet fantastic the pa was great couldnt believe it when she wanted to do the song again at end of nite - everyone singing along - something that i will never forget :love: maggie ur a star :thumbsup:
by the dozens of emails and texts ians received from after the night looks like theres gonna be more - :thumbsup: :D
Ian yet again youve pulled off another great nite - it just shows if uve got the passion u can make it happen :love:

Last edited:

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Well that was really.......

Boss! That was one of the best nights I've had in ages:D
I loved the venue, been to a good few nights there and it was perfect for the Daisy night:D
The place was absolutely rammed from the word go with happy up for it people.
I stayed downstairs all night(and missed the pa twice:$ ) but I was having such a good time dancing away to Pluto and Steve Proctor that I was glued to the dancefloor...ACEEEEEEEEEED:spin:
Loved seeing all the old hazy crew there...LOL @ Elvis calling it HazyDaisy:thumbsup:
Shouts to everyone, all the old hazy crew Scouse Col, Superfreak, Doolz(the moody suvnaaaah), Mouse(how pissed were you, lol), Sunshine(you gorgess girl) and Stu, Dereck, Kerry n Kev, Our Shaz and Grover/Plutes/Uncle Knobhead, Shaun C and missus, Ste n Ann,(was Joe there?? sort of remember seeing him but not too sure), Liverbird, Scousebird(I don't know which is which though, lol), Shanine, my mad mate Murfs(luv y aloads ya mad bitch)..anyone else that was there, thank you for making it such a fuckin boss night:love:
Special shouts to my gorgess man Si:love: , Mel, Kee, Stee, Vix, Nics(you fuckin gary head) and Elvo...love yas all to bits and I'm so happy you all made it over:love:
Shout to Ian K for putting this night on, you did us proud mate, it must be a great feeling to see so many happy(mashed) faces and knowing that it was because of you:king:
I'll finish by saying..marathon walk home, orphan pigeons, share the fat share the warmth(elvis:D ), 'Morning Sunday joggers we are the tramps arse crew getting a breath of air in our scruff with cans of Carling and bifters for all', falling asleep face down twitching like a mofo, chats in the bath with Mel n Kee, Keeleys cat pads etc etc..boss mash up, boss night, lets do it again soon:D

si kelsall

Aug 10, 2004
having a wkd night
www.myspace.com
wkd nite:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was that good I need to say more than wkd nite....extra wkd nite:thumbsup:

Only jokin, was a mint nite with mint people, Pluto and Proctors set..superbphones:
Nice one Ian:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice to meet the PR crew and to see all the old hazyheads:thumbsup:
Shouts to all who were there, espcially the mash up crew and my babe Mesh:love:

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
weres everyones reviews lol

:thumbsup: people must still be recovering from that boss night lol.:fekked: :fekked: . big hello to miss sunshine was nice to here all your good news and to see you again with your fella and friends..:love: anytime mesh my fats good for everyones warmth...:love: was funny that mornin just sitting on the dock of the bay wasting timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol:spin: . come on people get your reviews in:mad: hahahaha i want to know what else went on that night cus i got lost after 12 oclock:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

how did i end up with loads of lollipops:confused: :confused:

confused.com:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

wkd nite:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was that good I need to say more than wkd nite....extra wkd nite:thumbsup:

Only jokin, was a mint nite with mint people, Pluto and Proctors set..superbphones:
Nice one Ian:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice to meet the PR crew and to see all the old hazyheads:thumbsup:
Shouts to all who were there, espcially the mash up crew and my babe Mesh:love:

jesus si thats the longest review ive seen from u yet lol
u mustve had a cracking nite ;) :cool:

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
Fucking mint night.
Kept meaning to go upstairs but never did due to the quality tunes being played by Pluto and Steve Proctor.phones: :thumbsup: Absolutely amazing tunes lads, you should be well proud.
Well done Ian for putting on such a quality night. :thumbsup:
Shouts to all the old Hazy crew that were there, and I chatted codshite to, :fekked: :D (tooooooo many to mention, but you all know who you are :king: :thumbsup: )
And obviously our fucked up mash up lot, (the Proclaimers didn't walk as far as we did trekking back to Si & Mesh's gaff.....and we DID look like bad tramps with our beers on the front, with Sunday morning joggers and dog walkers looking at us in complete disgust. Class.:thumbsup: )

Fucking quality night, piss funny mash up.....what more do you need eh?

grover

Jun 5, 2003
That was one of the best nights out i have ever had. I danced my socks off all night. The music was brilliant.
It was a pleasure playing with Steve Proctor who played a brilliant selection of tunes. I only ventured upstairs for about 10 mins and it was bouncing up there too.
Thanks to everyone who came , all the Hazy crew , PR , OSA , Anthems, Quadrant Park, the Garston girls and all the Crocky/Norris green girls who came to see us. Thanks to Ian, Ste and Derek for all the hard work and input into the night.
Hope there will be another one in the future :cool:

Last edited:

derekhzll

Jun 23, 2006
Big Love To All

The excitment in the run up to this night was almost unbearable for me and the night exceeded all my expectations !
I was helping Ian do the door until 1am but managed to catch some of Steve Proctors set upstairs and he had the dancefloor rocking,i know how much effort and thought he had put into the planning of his set and it paid off with flying colours.
I missed 'Scarlett Fantastic' because of his hard work in putting the night on i wanted Ian to see the highlight and to see his delight and pleasure after them it was worth it.
I had so many people to catch up with on the night and have a chat with, it was impossible to speak to anyone for a long time.Big shouts to everyone i met and knew on the night (theres so many ).
I managed to catch a good 40 mins of Andy Carrolls set which was a true reflection of his 'State' years and if Andy was a artist he would be 'Picasso' the man on his day is one of the very best.
I managed to catch the end of 'Plutos' set and as always the man can read a crowd and he had the dancefloor right on the money for Steve Proctor to take over.Steve played a more House and Acid set downstairs and yet again he was outstanding 'Let the music use you' and his own mix of 'Promised land' gave us them moments that make 'House' music so special.
The party then moved on to Mick and Shazz's and much drinking and madness followed,i then decided to go back the hotel for 4 hours sleep and got up at 12noon to go the pub with Steve Proctor and discuss how amazing the night was.I then ended up at Shazz's and Micks again until Monday morning a massive thank you to the both of you for letting me stop over.
Steve Proctor as asked to say ' how much he enjoyed the night,working with mick and seeing andy and mike after so many years' he can't wait to play again !

A massive thank you to Ian for putting on a QUALITY NIGHT IN LIVERPOOL and to all the people who came and made the night special.

Until next time BIG LOVE TO YOU ALL.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
right now where do i start........

got to the masque to be greeted by some of the ole hazy crew and plenty of smiling up for a good night poeple:D :cool:

was realy loving the venue when we got in there the downstairs had a really dark and dirty feel............just how we like it!!! plutes got on the decks and i was rocking from the start, every tune was a complete corkerphones:

met up with the usual suspects and some of the ole hazy crew......got some right random looks coz i look a bit diffo now from hazy:cool: ..........almost intelligent according to elvis :rofl: bit hellos to scouse col doolz dodgyscouser annie mick n shazz murfs shannine superfreak etc.....loads more but ive forgot:$ you know who you are:love:

steve proctor aka brian ferry came on the decks and still had us all rocking away, the place was rammed!!

i didnt venture upstairs once all night, i did kept meaning to go up but i i couldnt part with the dancefloor at all...........tune after tune.....ACCIIIIIIIIID!!!

saw a few randoms that i met at the quad nights....soz still cant remember names:$ but was mint dancing with you all;)

the night passed in about 20 minutes for me, i couldnt believe it was time to go home already:cry: but time for the mashup was upon us;)

trekking back to si n meshs, plenty of randomness, cartwheels, cat feet, share the warmth, the big tunnels, and purple monkeys:king:

far too much to mention but i had a mint as feck night and shared it with some proper top people;)

elvis..............my feet are now killing form having my boots on all night!!:$

i wanna do it all over again:fekked: :D ;) :$ :love:

sunshine

May 22, 2004
Liverpool
This might sound boring now but I have to agree with everybody else on this one... WOW.. :rotate: .. The 3 hours I got to spend in the Masque on satdee were fantastic... 3 hours only.. .. thats what you get for going out with party poopers :mad: ... I was gutted to say the least... :cry: .. Got there for just after 10 ..and got dragged out again when Steve Proctor started his set downstairs... so I missed all the action upstairs.. ahd a little wander up there at some point but only lasted 2 minutes up there.. bit too packed .. so downstairs it was again :D ... was great to see all the old hazy gang again...everybody had a big smile on their face ;) Mesh ( so made up for you that everything is going just perfect ;) the big happy smile suits you babes ) and Shazz you were the first I bumped into... :D .. Elvis .. its been ages.. glad you are ok again :S ..was great seeing ya again... my lovely friend Kev and his lovely lady Kelly... good to see Milenko and his lovely other half ( forgot your name :( ) ... Annie & Ste ... ScouseCol... Mick ( :thumbsup: absolutely loved your set.. ) ... dunno whoelse..

Hope there will be a next one again real soon... the Masque is the perfect place as well... nice and dark.. just how I like it :cool: ...

untill next time ... take it easy :D :wave: