Memory's failing me, can't remember name of a club in Bradford?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
My mates being telling me that the club i used to got to BITD in Bradford was called 'Maestro's', this has been buggin' me big time as this aint what i remember it as, admittedly these were very very hazy days, but it just don't gel right in my head lol!

I can remember the drive there off by heart, Manningham lane, turn in opposite 'Arnold Laver' & car park was across a train track from a Post Office sorting office? Was in a gym type place with very scary bouncers. (can also remember buying lots & lots of 'red russians' lol!) :fekked:

Had some top top (& messy) nights at this place, so could someone please put my mind at rest about the name :S

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
looks like i may be wrong about Mannigham lane (not far away tho), could be off Canal road? See the ringed area on map pic, could be here going off the Arnold Laver map? This place wern't massive, had a small entrance, you went upstaris to get in, the gym/dancefloor area & a chill out room at the back of this?

Attachments

• untitled[1].jpg
    untitled[1].jpg
    162 KB · Views: 5,588

nicelychilled

Feb 4, 2012
bit of a whiole ago since you posted this so not sure if this will reach ya.. But i think your talkin about Physiques...

Messy in there fella :D

nicelychilled

Feb 4, 2012
in fact scratch that.. Physiques was opposite the GPO sorting office in the gym upstairs at the bottom of Canal road.. but lookin at your map you might even mean the Palm Cove ?...

and there was AJ's which was up Leeds road..

and of course the holy grail of all raves started from Bibbys (Capricorn Club) at the back of the City ground proper warehouse style.. and heres a mix of DJ Jonathon at the said Holy Grail.. Capricorn Club Bradford Classics Mix 1991.mp3 :)

nicelychilled

Feb 4, 2012
hehe.. reccon that was because of the Hit man and Her filmin'.. they had to have some cheese :D

nowt cheesy about the Universe Raves they had tho.. Awesome.. I got to one with SOR and Baby D doin PA's and one a the best nights a my life .. what I remember :D

mrshifter

Jan 20, 2005
Dodge City
and of course the holy grail of all raves started from Bibbys (Capricorn Club) at the back of the City ground proper warehouse style.. and heres a mix of DJ Jonathon at the said Holy Grail.. Capricorn Club Bradford Classics Mix 1991.mp3 :)

One of my fave sets this...tape played almost to destruction :D

Side 1
Zone Ranger - 2 B Reel
Kamera - Back In The Time
Bit Machine - It’s Time
S.L.D - Gettin Out
Manic - I’m Coming Hardcore
Jinny - Never Give Up
Control - Feel The Music
The Stone Age - Paleolitic
Control - Feel The Music
RAF - We’ve Got To Live Together
DJ Pierre presents Phantasia - Come Fly With Me
James - Come Home (Weatherall Remix)
Expo Bass Sample’s - I Need Somebody
Rapino Brothers - Reach To The Top
Debbie Malone - Rescue Me (Piano Mix)
DJ Reckless - Reckless Karnage
New Atlantic - I Know
KWS - Please Don’t Go

Side 2
KWS - Please Don’t Go
Ultracynic - Nothing Is Forever
Oxy - The Feeling
Rofo - Rofo’s Theme
Bass Value - Do You Wanna Party
Prophetia - Rave Is Your Party (Mio Dio Version)
Ruffcut - Run To Me
DJ Roy Silver - The Rainbow Walls (DJ Roy Silver’s “Only Smarties Have The Answer” Mix)
Zero B - Lock Up
Sweet Beat - Sweet Louise
Electroheart - Music For The Life
Rhythm Quest - Closer To All Your Dreams

:thumbsup:

franky

Jul 24, 2001
Bradford
Physiques was pants the only time I went!! Bibby's was my 1st love!!!!
They also did 'Tolerance' at the Uni too

Go to YouTube and search 'Bradford universe May 92' There's a full video they did at Maestro's that May bank holiday Saturday. Amazing

MattyH

Jun 17, 2011
Just started watching the video to Universe May 92 and the MC on it completely ruins it. Had to stop watching :(

jamespianoman

Mar 21, 2014
North Yorkshire
www.oldskool.biz
Yeah it was Maestro's. Before that it was named Dollars & Dimes.

Bradford Promotors Dean Cavanagh and Slim used to put on their UNIVERSE events there. (Same guys did TOLERANCE) Bradford actually had a great club scene with that venue with big names playing monthly.

jonn

Jan 16, 2011
ilkley
Yeah it was Maestro's. Before that it was named Dollars & Dimes.

Bradford Promotors Dean Cavanagh and Slim used to put on their UNIVERSE events there. (Same guys did TOLERANCE) Bradford actually had a great club scene with that venue with big names playing monthly.

bradford was my place of choice quite alot back then
mainly the capricorn and university events

RedDred

Jan 14, 2023
My mates being telling me that the club i used to got to BITD in Bradford was called 'Maestro's', this has been buggin' me big time as this aint what i remember it as, admittedly these were very very hazy days, but it just don't gel right in my head lol!

I can remember the drive there off by heart, Manningham lane, turn in opposite 'Arnold Laver' & car park was across a train track from a Post Office sorting office? Was in a gym type place with very scary bouncers. (can also remember buying lots & lots of 'red russians' lol!) :fekked:

Had some top top (& messy) nights at this place, so could someone please put my mind at rest about the name :S
Hi the place your talking about was called Physique’s. Mark James was resident Dj I was the resident MC. Had many a good times there but there was always that element of danger it could kick off anytime.

Firthsta 2.0

Jun 9, 2023
Hi the place your talking about was called Physique’s. Mark James was resident Dj I was the resident MC. Had many a good times there but there was always that element of danger it could kick off anytime.
I went there once in November 94 and everyone was dropping like flies on dodgy stuff. Very surreal. Had a bad night as a result, however everyone seemed pretty friendly and helpful. I can see how it would attract an element of danger occasionally.