is soulseek the best place to get tunes?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

gary_gurner11

Jan 12, 2007
Mile End East London
hello everyone, i spend most of my free time seaching for songs that are in different tracklists and i can never seem to find them, i only want them on mp3 seeing as i aint got any decks, and i was just wondering weather soulseek was the best place to get them from, if yes where do i get them from??

thanks in advance

mike

lippiatte

Apr 1, 2004
Orlando, Florida, USA
hello everyone, i spend most of my free time seaching for songs that are in different tracklists and i can never seem to find them, i only want them on mp3 seeing as i aint got any decks, and i was just wondering weather soulseek was the best place to get them from, if yes where do i get them from??

thanks in advance

mike

i've been a Soulseek user now for about the past month and all i can say is there have been quite a few occasions where i've not slept and just stayed up all day and night downloading, uploading, chatting, etc. it's a fantastic place to find music. but you have to be patient. some things you may have to keep searching for over a couple of weeks, but eventually it'll turn up. but then you gotta figure out how to get things from people who have these really elitist attitudes.

koolherc

Aug 29, 2003
Soulseek is the best place for oldskool house,hardcore, tekno etc m8!

Get ya self into the OLDSKOOL room! I have been on there almost three years and the peeps are friendly in there:thumbsup:

old skool

Nov 18, 2005
stockton-on-tees
is it me or do the searches on slsk never work?they seem to find a few more poplular tunes,but when your looking for more obscure ones the search comes up with nothing,yet you then come across the tune you searched for when browsing a users tunes??

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
One thing I would say is that users often only allow people to download from them if you are in their userlist...and getting on people's userlists can sometimes be quite difficult.

One thing I would say is that users often only allow people to download from them if you are in their userlist...and getting on people's userlists can sometimes be quite difficult.

That's always struck as me as extremely petty.... if they are peoples personal rips that they have ripped from vinyl they own then fair enough... but for people to act the billy big bollocks on a p2p prog just because they've acquired a few thousand mp3s - which they themselves downloaded from people at some point - smacks of total up their own arsed-ness.

I've seen people act the complete **** on slsk & basically demand to be sucked off before they allow people on their list... complete & utter ego maniac wankstains imo... & they know who they are :D

That's why there is no substitute for owning vinyl ;)

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Soulseek...

The OLDSKOOL 88-94 room is the best place to go for mp3's, Ive been able to get just about any dance tune i want from the people in there. Ive even been able to download videos from nightclubs from back in the day, ive just been watchin a vid of Sasha at Shaboo from Blackpool

Wobblybob

Feb 22, 2007
Manchester
www.redrepublik.net
The OLDSKOOL 88-94 room is the best place to go for mp3's, Ive been able to get just about any dance tune i want from the people in there. Ive even been able to download videos from nightclubs from back in the day, ive just been watchin a vid of Sasha at Shaboo from Blackpool

I've never seen that room on the user list....Whats the deal with that?

I usually use the House room, but i've got a few good users on my list, and we all source stuff for each other....

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
That's always struck as me as extremely petty.... if they are peoples personal rips that they have ripped from vinyl they own then fair enough... but for people to act the billy big bollocks on a p2p prog just because they've acquired a few thousand mp3s - which they themselves downloaded from people at some point - smacks of total up their own arsed-ness.

I've seen people act the complete **** on slsk & basically demand to be sucked off before they allow people on their list... complete & utter ego maniac wankstains imo... & they know who they are :D

lol - dont piss about mate, tell it how it is, want to borrow this smiley :bellend: :D

EDEN

Oct 12, 2006
County Durham
Right click and refresh the room list and a load more will appear, click 'O' to scroll through every room beginning with o and it should appear. Alternatively you can create the room yourself by typing the name and you will join it automatically