Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ-DSS

Aug 14, 2005
i have little info so apologies.

It was from the early 90's. It had the graphic of the old cough
sweet TUNES on the front.

I think it was for a rave up north. Possibly @The Empire in morecambe.
Im not sure. has anyone got this or a jpg of the old sweets.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

simzzzz

If no one can help you on here then try the message board on this site, someone will know they very knowledgable on flyers.:thumbsup:
Rave Flyers - UK collecting, buying and selling

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Yeah i remember this flyer, it also said summat about tunes helping you to dance more easily or something, like the breathing bit of the real add. I think, though i am probably wrong that it was a night at the Mill in Preston. Somewhere round there anyway- an upstairs venue. I don't think it was at Raiders at the other end of town. Was it 92? I might be getting mixed up with 'Buzz' lol though, which i am also sure was there an all. I dunno, memory like a sieve and all that.

DJ-DSS

Aug 14, 2005
thats right mate it was a spin off from teh catch frase....

Tunes... Made to make you dance more easily.

Thanks for the Venu etc too i really want to get this flyer. I ll use the added info much appreciate for replies people.

Cheers

I think that was a Maximes one , it was definatley printed by Cheshire Print and Design........Hypnotic Promotions :thumbsup:

DJ-DSS

Aug 14, 2005
Thanks people, what im actually trying to find more than anything is a picture of the old style packet of tunes. I want it for a little project. Similar to the flyer design one where its used because of the "TUNES" bit, but it needs to be the old packet to have the right effect. But i cant for the life of me find one.

Thanks for all the help so far im sure ill get there, and if anyone can help please just hit a reply.

Thanks again.

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
I think that was a Maximes one , it was definatley printed by Cheshire Print and Design........Hypnotic Promotions :thumbsup:

I will second that- My BF has the flyer you are talking about OSD- I will ask him if it has made to make you dance more easily on it tho, but hes in bed at the min, the flyer in question is purply blue with the TUNES logo on the bottom right hand corner if my memory serves me right----will get back to you. :thumbsup:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I will second that- My BF has the flyer you are talking about OSD- I will ask him if it has made to make you dance more easily on it tho, but hes in bed at the min, the flyer in question is purply blue with the TUNES logo on the bottom right hand corner if my memory serves me right----will get back to you. :thumbsup:

I am on about a diff one i think. The one i mean had 'Tunes' as the main bit- it was the image on the flyer if you will taking up all the middle seccy. The night was called Tunes i am sure, so perhaps it was diff to the ones Jaxxy and OSD are on about. Jonno says we have it here, but i cannot be arsed going through them all lol.

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Thanks people, what im actually trying to find more than anything is a picture of the old style packet of tunes. I want it for a little project. Similar to the flyer design one where its used because of the "TUNES" bit, but it needs to be the old packet to have the right effect. But i cant for the life of me find one.

Thanks for all the help so far im sure ill get there, and if anyone can help please just hit a reply.

Thanks again.

Try Spaceface on myspace, if its the 'tunes' do from the early 90's, im sure he was on at one of em, i maybe wrong though.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
these any use to ya

there courtesy of northern star btw there in the flyer galley were currently wazzin together im sure she wont mind passin em on tho :thumbsup:

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 502
  • file2.jpg
    file2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 163
  • file3.jpg
    file3.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 146
  • file4.jpg
    file4.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 192
  • file5.jpg
    file5.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 1,469

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I thought it was a Preston thing, i did go once, i think. Very small place, unless i just remember the upsatirs bit and there was actually a downsatirs an all :axe:. What can i say, it was 15 years ago lol.

DJ-DSS

Aug 14, 2005
The response to this has been fukkin awesome. I cant thank you guys enough. Youve made an old dog very happy !!!

Thanks everyone and those JPG's fekkin mint as. Ill grab them cheers Butty, i have enough now. Thanks to everyone who helped with this thread.