KOTT - The Silence EP

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Avoneer

Feb 24, 2007
Hi All,
Managed to find this site by accident.
I am one half of KOTT and it was cool to see our record still mentioned on here and that people still play it!
We recorded it on a Sunday morning way back in 1993 after an all-nighter at Bowlers (Trafford Park).
Probably the only two things I can remember about that day was recording it in a corridor as the main studio was full and we couldn't get a nice enough hit from the bass drum, so we put a breeze block in a towel and smacked it on the wall and sampled it and overlayed it with the normal bass drum.
Best moment was when Bowlers was packed full (5000+) and they played my record and I was bouncing around shouting this is my tune. Not sure anyone believed me though.
Cheers,
Pat...

Avoneer

Feb 24, 2007
Here's the thing:

We originally pressed 1000 copies, but my mate who copied the original DAT missed off the 1st drum beat which resulted in a 7 drum beat intro to Time Too Let Go. These original ones only had a white label.

So we pressed another 1000 copies which had the full 8 drum beat intro and also the label. Done so the spindle on the record pokes right out of the mans undone fly!

We also scratched "Respect to Life" (as in Bowlers) on one side of the original master (on the runout) and "Time To Let Go" on the other side as I was trying to get over my ex bird who dumped me on Xmas eve.

I only have about 40 of the original white's left with one drum missing.

Pat...

sy69

Jan 17, 2004
Not Here
Hi All,
Managed to find this site by accident.
I am one half of KOTT and it was cool to see our record still mentioned on here and that people still play it!
We recorded it on a Sunday morning way back in 1993 after an all-nighter at Bowlers (Trafford Park).
Probably the only two things I can remember about that day was recording it in a corridor as the main studio was full and we couldn't get a nice enough hit from the bass drum, so we put a breeze block in a towel and smacked it on the wall and sampled it and overlayed it with the normal bass drum.
Best moment was when Bowlers was packed full (5000+) and they played my record and I was bouncing around shouting this is my tune. Not sure anyone believed me though.
Cheers,
Pat...

hi pat welcome to osa :wave:.was given my copy of kott by matty moo,do you still see/speak to him as i havnt seen or spoke him since i stopped going to bowlers.top ep by the way phones:

Avoneer

Feb 24, 2007
Cheers guys.

RetroAndy - just round the corner living in Dewsbury now (small world and all that).

Apart from the tape fulls of un-released tunes and DJ mixes we did (used to work at Monroes and did some work for Escape) we did one more demo about 6 years ago. Managed to get a few copies out to a few people, but lost the interest to put in all the work getting it out there.

Pat...

Avoneer

Feb 24, 2007
Sy69 - Hi Mate. Not seen him for a good few years.

Do you not remember me from Bowlers then - always with Matty and the one with the Jesters hat.

Pat...

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Cheers guys.

RetroAndy - just round the corner living in Dewsbury now (small world and all that).

Apart from the tape fulls of un-released tunes and DJ mixes we did (used to work at Monroes and did some work for Escape) we did one more demo about 6 years ago. Managed to get a few copies out to a few people, but lost the interest to put in all the work getting it out there.

Pat...

Long shot here but one of my friends amy (pixie) on here was a regualr at bowlers and went to most of the nights there and is from dewsbury so you r paths may have crossed.

Davey T

Sep 15, 2004
Welcome aboad Pat - top tune btw - my copy still gets a play now and then :thumbsup:

Long shot this but got me thinkin when you mentioned a guy with the jesters hat !! - i accept there were probably loads of people there with jester hats but one geezer always stood out and was at Bowlers every week - would never remember his name like but he was really tall and his hat had four colours - orange / grey / blue / red !!

Anyway, if it's the same fella - that hat actually got handed down to me at some point throughout the mad Bowlers days - and i still have it to this day lol :fekked: :fekked: :joker: :joker:

A pointless, but crazy story :|

Dave

Sy69 - Hi Mate. Not seen him for a good few years.

Do you not remember me from Bowlers then - always with Matty and the one with the Jesters hat.

Pat...