Vista screenshot

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Does this give anyone else the horn or just me ?

pdc2.jpg

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Think I'll wait about 5 years before I upgrade. By that time all the inevitable bugs and fuckups might have been fixed! :D

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I am a Mac OSX user but have a PC for games i use my Mac for making my music and no matter matter what Windows does it will always suk compared to OSX :D

I've just built a new machine (the 4th one in my room now! :S ) and as it was all high spec enough i've gone straight to vista ultimate with it. It is a much better os than xp but it is far to early to be relied upon as yet - for example, logitech haven't brought out drivers as yet so i've lost all but the most basic functions. That said, the way it works now is far better and much more useable when you get used to it - probably cos its nicked loads of bits from the mac osx. The sidebar has tonnes of handy widgets for it and I've found it to be genuinely useful, plus its has the full media centre software with it which is a godsend, it is Very ram hungry though so forget about gaming on a system with less than 2Gb!

The sensible thing to do is wait 12 months while they iron out the bugs - but once you've tried it, you won't want to go back to xp! :D

emmab

Mar 18, 2004
preston
Yeah was watching that woman off tomorrows world this morning and she was on about it:) She said you can have windows like a pack of cards too instead of back to back, but yep looks good.

Whats the deal with this new infra red keyboard that reflects on yer knee :confused: Someone in passing mentioned it but i aint heard about it. Sounds wicked though:thumbsup:

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
LOL that will be the 3d Aero glass desktop in action which will only run on pretty powerful graphics card anyway - I have a voucher to complete for a free upgrade, but I think I will stick with XPproSP2 at the moment.

Andy

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Just bought a new lappy with Vista Premium and it's the shizzle:cool:

No bugs to report as yet;)

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 36

emmab

Mar 18, 2004
preston
Just bought a new lappy with Vista Premium and it's the shizzle:cool:

No bugs to report as yet;)

ooooooooo, looks good, how much is software to buy vista? Actually come to think of it i get exclusive discounted software from microsoft, so may enquir4e myself:D forgot bout that one:eyebrow:

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
GUI Freaks! ;)

im a linux bod but have winda's for my general shit and leeching :)

Got a shiiite load of vista licenses in last MS Action pack, havent had a chance to install it on my lappy yet but will at somepoint. failing that ill boot up an old OS2 machine and marvel at what could have been the best OS ;)

If anyone wants a copy of vista tho PM me, wholesale Vista ultimate licenses and office vista dirt cheap :p

GUI Freaks! ;)

im a linux bod but have winda's for my general shit and leeching :)

Got a shiiite load of vista licenses in last MS Action pack, havent had a chance to install it on my lappy yet but will at somepoint. failing that ill boot up an old OS2 machine and marvel at what could have been the best OS ;)

If anyone wants a copy of vista tho PM me, wholesale Vista ultimate licenses and office vista dirt cheap :p

LOL I work for IBM - I remem the days of OS Warp - it was our product so we had it on all our internal machines... same as Lotus Suite (123 / Wordpro etc) however no fooker else did so when we had attachments from outside companies we couldn't do shag all with em...

Suffice to say there was a corporate strategy to move to Windows & MS products toute suite :axe:

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
LOL I work for IBM - I remem the days of OS Warp - it was our product so we had it on all our internal machines... same as Lotus Suite (123 / Wordpro etc) however no fooker else did so when we had attachments from outside companies we couldn't do shag all with em...

Suffice to say there was a corporate strategy to move to Windows & MS products toute suite :axe:

Shooms you legend :D

I still have a yellow/white Warp pen hehe :)

I loved that os :)