You Know I Want Your Love.......

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
You know that vocal on Bizzare Inc's Climax91, I thought I had heard it before somewhere - and spent ages looking through the racks for what it could be from.....
I found Olympia - Want Your Love, but its not quite the same lyrics. Does anyone know if these lyrics are sampled of something, or if there is an acca with it on somewhere......I may start a mix tape you see(first in years), and I have a record I might wanna mix into Climax, and I wanna sort of extend the 'mix' later by adding the pella to it....(cheating I know, but if I had it on vinyl it would be more acceptable!).

Doesnt matter if you dont know, I may not get around to finishing a mix anyway, but its nagging now whether Bizz Inc sang it or not. :).

Cheers,

Sirius.

Francis

Mar 13, 2002
Huddersfield
The Vocal was also used in Cathy Dennis i thiink "All Night Long" or "touch me" whatever its called,

but originally i think it was Fonda Rae "Touch Me"

I could be mistaken ???

Francis

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I got the CathyDennis tune a while ago on the cheap, cos it looked to have the acca on it - but its got these annoying string and plinky plonky bits in the background which I have tried with all my ability to remove, but to no avail.
So Fonda Rae has the same lyric bit as CathyDennis? Is there an acca on it? and does anyone have it!?.

Anyways, that wasnt the particular part I was on about....its actually two different singers stitched together(so to speak)... I was after "You know I want your Love,You know I want your Love, My Love will treat you riiight" which I found to be similar as Olympia although this says "My love cant be denied" or something, rather roughly and it hasnt a pella on it anywayz.
So was the above on anything else, or is the chance of getting it more remote than a remote thing in a remote place controlled by a remote????:axe: :axe: :axe:

cheers,

Sirius

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Kariya deffo has those lyrics and I seem to recall they're pretty similar to the Bizarre Inc one's. Have to have a proper listen to check.

Also - I always thought Cathy Dennis's stuff was totally original. She wrote Kylie's - Can't Get You Out Of My Head after all. Or am I thinking of someone completely different.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I had never heard of Cathy Dennis before, I just assumed she was a 'whitney/tiffany/dion' type affair. Cant say I like her track that much, I just got it for the 'sort of' acca on it.....

Kariya, now that name rings a bell....'Baby let me love you for toniiiiight" , something something......, I cant rememeber if it has that bit in it or not...

Does anyone have a pure pella of Kariya???. Could just be the one Im looking for.

Cheers,

Sirius.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
The acapella of Kariya is on the US import (also on Sleeping Bag). I've got it and how I came to have it is quite interesting, well I think so anyway. I was at Revenge 5 when the police raided it - it was when the police were getting seriously pissed off with warehouse do's. Anyway, before they started smashing up the decks and that, 2 girls we were with hid the DJ's records up their tops. When we got out we drove to the services with the records and gave them back to the DJ (some little bloke from Blackpool - I forget his name). The only record I kept was Kariya - how stupid is that - I should have kept the fucking lot.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
The wierd thing is these girls are tiny (quite large breasts mind). You'd have struggled to find any smaller girls in the whole place. If the police had done any kind of checking they'd have been fucked - but there must been at least 1000 left in there when they raided so they just herded everybody out.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Jonno, is there any chance of getting the acca off you by download somehow, perhaps a temporary Myplay or something.....My need for it has changed, I'm in the process of another tune (started it yesterday) and have decided it needs those lyrics really......unless I opt for another acca or make it instrumental again..

If you have it, I dont know if you could email it as I only have hotmail. You could split it in three somehow and send portions or something....thats if you can get it :). I suppose Myplay would be easier!.

Thanks,

Sirius.

DJ Qual-e-T

Mar 28, 2002
St. Helens, Merseyside
Original vocals from Fonda Rae Touch Me (Eighties Dance tune - when Body poppinwas still at large - even had a body poppin mix on !)
Not quite sure whether its got a full Vocal only ACCA on, think it might have some noises in the background.

Still have the original in the collection somewhere !

Tony
AKA DJ Qual-e-T
http://www.djqualet.co.uk
check out for some new tunes with an old skool feel.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Right, I really need these lyrics now :).

If the "You Know I Want Your Love, My Love Willl Treat You Right", sung in the manner on BizzInc feature on any of the above and is relatively 'clean' (ie pure or filterable using audio software without it sounding hollow - I can spend time messing around with it) and if anyone can send it to me or up it to MyPlay I would be very grateful.

My remake of another old tune is flying along!!!!. Just put the bare essentails of it together in about an eighth of the time it usually takes me!. In fact it could hopefully be as good as my last one (OK, not that that was anything mega but I was chuffed with it)....I need to add in a few more drum fills and vocals to it. Seeing as I dont understand mastering and EQ it will be straight off the software again........

There is a hell of a lot of piano in it, and I hope its not too much/too long at around 8 minutes!!! - I have got a bit carried away:).

Im toying with putting Sanctuary of Love over it or a few vocal samples of other old choones, but I want to give these a try really to see how well it fits.

I know I said I wouldnt Upload anymore choones, but if I tag it with an audio robot voice, I could be tempted to do it again for those intrested.

Cheers,

Sirius.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Sirius - I can deffo rip the acapella for you. It's a totally pure acapella as well which is handy - there's no other sounds apart from the voice. I'll get it ripped for you tonight and upload to a myplay account. I'll give you a shout when I've done it.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Sirius - I've not forgotten about this. I've been on holiday for a couple of days. Sound Forge keeps on bolloxing up on me and won't let me save anything as an mp3. I've stuck it on a CD-RW and I can convert at work on Monday.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
No sweat man. Dont get busted at work - its not worth it....:).

Check your mail box buddy......sommet to offer u.

Sirius.