Nintendo Wii

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sprewell

Oct 25, 2003
Madchester
Come on own up whos getting one.

I had to queue up last night at 12 for the midnight launch. I preordered it for my brother in september. But after reading all about it and seeing the games i wanted it just as much as him. Shame i can't touch it till christmas day.

I felt like a right geek last night. It was like geeks row waiting in line to pick up the wii. There was some right wierdos there as well.

Heres a video for the people who havent seen or heard of the wii yet.

YouTube - wii

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
From what i've seen i'm not impressed, but never have been with Nintendo's games:S

I like the idea of the joystick motion sensor though:thumbsup: :)

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
well i was suppsoed to get mine today but apparantly i didnt order it early enough even tho it was september! grrr well pissed off. hopefully get it b4 xmas:D

simzzzz

they completly sold out of pre orders in Brum so I went to Lichfield, where i actually ordered one paid my deposit and they told me Yes I will get it for Launch day even the manager said I would get it!! woke up yesterday to find a letter from Currys saying that they havent got my order :( and not sure if I will get for xmas now !!!
Bit pissed off with currys as they must have known what orders to take & roughly how many Wii they were going to get, they seem to have taken everyones deposits knowing they never had enough stock.

sy69

Jan 17, 2004
Not Here
bought a gamecube when they came out and have to say was very disapointed with the games so deffo wont get the Wii.waiting for the ps3 :cool:

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
they completly sold out of pre orders in Brum so I went to Lichfield, where i actually ordered one paid my deposit and they told me Yes I will get it for Launch day even the manager said I would get it!! woke up yesterday to find a letter from Currys saying that they havent got my order :( and not sure if I will get for xmas now !!!
Bit pissed off with currys as they must have known what orders to take & roughly how many Wii they were going to get, they seem to have taken everyones deposits knowing they never had enough stock.

i know cheeky cnuts!!! im with ya mate...i mean play have sent me the red steel game and charged me for ut...so i foned the cheek mofo;s today to have a go at em....i was like yeah cheers for sending me the game and charging me for it....even tho i cant play the fucker....bastards!

i was well hoping to take it down to me mum and dads for xmas:mad:

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
i have to admit i really like the look of those Wii 's but im too into phantasy Star universe on the 360 at the moment for any other game or console to even get a look in, lol:D

hope if you manage to get one - let us know what you think of it :thumbsup:

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
OMG, you have got to get one of these :thumbsup:

Just been round a mates house who has just got one & i can only say that Wii sports is piss funny ;)

Playing tennis i almost smashed a vase & boxing i almost punched the telly :$

Be warned though i played boxing & i was knackered after 2 rounds :thumbsup:

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
Mine is neatly wrapped and tucked under my tree. Its now an xmas pressie from my girlfriend. I ordered it from HMV.co.uk in OCTOBER and they sent me an email about 2 weeks ago saying that I won't get the 1st allocation but I'm top of the list for the 2nd (which is next week 14th I'm led to believe). They couldn't guarrantee Xmas but said it was likely.

So, I went on Techsplosion.co.uk and they were guarranteeing that their pre-determined stock quantites had not all been pre-ordered and if I was to order I would get it on the release date. Only thing with them was, that its £20 extra but thought fook it and ordered. And, despite them being an unknown company to me and them seeming a tad dodgy (until I saw his ebay score) they did what they promised and only charged me £7 for same day courier service and I got it yesterday.

The thing with the Wii is, despite the graphics only being a bit better than Gamecube, the games are unlike anything seen on other consoles and Nintendo are once again producing unique games that can't be found on any other console. Wii Sports is a terrible game graphics wise but its free and seeing your mates pissed up on that trying to play tennis will be good way to end any night out.

For serious gamers who care about graphics over gameplay pick the PS3. For a new & unique way to play games, pick the Wii. Turn the remote on its side and steer cars, swing it like a bat and hit balls (both kinds;) ), make a throwing motion and lob grenades, you can do whatever you like without dodgy button combinations, a million different joypad settings and option menus. Its a back to basics approach reminiscent of the early days of Nintendo's Family Entertainment System. Think about it, you can play a game of golf with your dad on a sunday if u like without leaving the living room or confusing him with what buttons to press. Good enough for me.

Thats enough for now.
One loyal Nintendo fan.

skippy

Jul 17, 2001
i think this will be my christmas present to me, i always treat myself to something.

i've always found nintendo systems very playable, and the wii look very good value when you consider that you can run the whole back catalogue of gamecube, snes, nes and gameboy games on them too, which i have acquired of the years ahem... should have a long life. i don't play games much by myself (apart from quake series online), and it wouldn't get used all that often, but multiplayers are fun on the tv.

:)