Sasha Milkbar 1991

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Presuming Ed

Heres one of my tapes i've finally got round to converting. i'm afraid the quality isn't great

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

1. ?
2. Axe corner-Tortuga
3. Bizarre Inc-Playing with Knives
4. PWM-Get Yourself Together
5. Congress-40 Miles
6. Sil-Windows
7. Mike Perras-Keep Movin
8. Petra & Co-Just Let Go
9. Shay Jones-Are You Gonna Be there
10. Jason Load experience-Mainline
11. Last rhythm-Last rhythm
12. Thirst-Enemy within
13. Electric Choc-Shock The Beat
14. Thelma Houston-Throw You Down
15. Members of the House-These Are My People
16. Bowa-Different Story (U.S Mix)
17. 1st prodject-Drop The ?
18. Aerial-Rollercoaster
19. Love Revolution-Give it to me Baby (sample free zone)

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

1, love Revolution-Give It to Me Baby (sample free Zone)
Jump in mix
2. Joy Salinas-Rockin romance (mixed briefly with DSK-Would we do)
3. ?
4. Jumpin Julian Perez-Relight My Fire
5. Magic Marmalade-Let’s Dance
6. Prophetia-Rave is Your Party
7. Thelma Houston-Throw You Down (Rave Mix)
8. Digital Orgasm-Running Out Of Time
9. Trigger-Stratosphere (Cheers brady)
10. ?
11. ?
12. 2 For Joy-Let The Bass Kick (Cheers mr shifter)
13. M DJ Madd-R.E.S.P.E.C.T
14. Expose-Tell Me Why (Very Briefly)

Hope you enjoy, and any help filling the blanks/confirming the maybes is aprreciated. Cheers Ed

Last edited:

Presuming Ed

thanks for the upload Ed, ive not got this one

the last track on side 1 / first track on side 2 = Love Revolution - Give It To Me Baby (Pumped Down Mix)

No sweat Brady, cheers for the confirmation mate..I wasn't sure if it was a mix of that or jason load as it seem quite mellow, but i guess that explains the pumped down mix eh. Hope you enjoy it mate. ed

Can of worms here , from that tracklist looks like sasha played the first half then a resident or other dj cause sasha did no way play half them tunes in 91 92 unless he forgord box that nite and borrowed one lol, some rite tunes but look through all tracklists qand he didnt play the ravey stuff like Thirst-Enemy within, bowa - differnt story, or prophetia, he played more housey, only my opinion by the way , this tape has vertigo screaming allover it , much appreciated though ed il have some time soon to up a load of stuff, nice one for time and effort

phones: phones: phones: :$ :| :S

Presuming Ed

I guess these discussions will run and run, but I do know people who went to a rave in Ibiza in 1991, and said sasha played a very Ravey set including a good few of those. That was a tape that was brought back up North from London in 1991 and was always marked as Sasha Milkbar. I've heard tunes like Thirst on other Sasha mixes, but really, the whole 'whether a certain dj really did a mix' has never concerned me overly. Like I said to King coe on another thread, Its nice to have a mix from a night you were at with a certain dj for posterity, but otherwise a good mix, is just a good mix. i have a sasha mix i put up from a night at the arena in 1992 with tunes like i lift my cup, by gloworm which you also maybe wouldn't have expected Sasha to play, but he did. At the end of the days theres probably only about 10% of all his nights available as mixes, so really its hard to say what he did and didn't play, but i hope you enjoy the mix.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Ed, at first glance i also thought side B was possibly somebody else dj`ing

and plus this track is played on both sides of the tape too which made me think it was maybe 2 djs

Thelma Houston-Throw You Down

who knows for sure thou eh :crazy:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
the first track on side A is well familiar, im sure ive got it on another sasha mix, think it might be from an ep on the Nu Groove label for some strange reason

theres a robotic voice saying "you can do it in the break"

king coe

Aug 8, 2002
somewhere in an area near you
i had this tape im pretty sure it is carl cox infact if you listen there a couple of 3 deck mixes goin down so id say it is. parts of it are very sasha like but its all given away with droppin mixes in and the hardcore (you know the score) tastic bits that just didnt get played by him.

Presuming Ed

number 4 on side b the track with a sax and the guy speaking italian ,,,phew tunephones:

whats the mainline track? cant find any deets on this?

I wouldn't have said it was a Carl Cox mix like (3 deck mixing?). I would agree that perhaps the second half of the mix was maybe a resident, but side A is Sasha style all the way. The mainline track was in listing, just cos I wasn't sure if the tune was Love Revolution-Give it to me baby, or jason load experience-mainline (i'll edit that out as Brady has confirmed it). Ed