Anyone want to do a collab in reason?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

oldskooltom

Registered Member
Nov 28, 2006
I am making a 1989/90 style Italian house style piano tune. I use reason software only. Finding it tricky to get that basic Italian sound, (my sample library aint that big) but im playin the keys well on the track. if anyone is intersted in a collab I will fire you over the RNS of the work I have done so far, and hopefully can make it a joint effort. lemme know and I will give you my MSN to exchange files etc.

I just want to make a monster piano track for old times sake.

oldskooltom

Registered Member
Nov 28, 2006
thanks, I never realised the korg m1 gave that sound, i dont like vstis so have been scouring the net for a soundfont, or akai or just wav sample of the korg m1 piano, but no luck :( anyone know where i can get it from?

anyway, here is the piano i am playing in reason on my midi keyboard (forget the arrangment etc, just wanna give you an idea of the overall sound....does it achieve that classic italian 1990's feel?

would appreciate feedback
cheers

link to download is here

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Aye the M1 is the daddy of oldskool piano sounds. phones:

The "Italian sound" just needs the M1, some trumpets, and that used-to-death discomagic percussion loop! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• oldskooltomwithm1.mp3
    752.7 KB · Views: 147

oldskooltom

Registered Member
Nov 28, 2006
oh my good god.

you magician. how the hell did you do that with just my mp3!

bloody genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have loads of questions to ask you!

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Just worked out your piano riff and re-played it, and I have the sample CD that the vocal is off. It was the first one I bought so I recognised it straight away! :thumbsup:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I Love Piano, Dj Britalian etc are the Dons on here of Oldskool and new house, both have had records out etc, lol.

I wish I was that good. I use Reason, when I make myself time to have a dabble. Most of mine have been remakes and remixes (played by hand) of OldSkool tunes, eg, VisionMasters, Love Decade, Bass Value, Bizzare Inc Climax 91, etc.

But, they arent that professional compared to yours and obviously Tims above, and I never get in the mood much anymore to devote to a track. I wish I could though!.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
oldskooltom Hardcore Korg M1.mp3

I have done a quick Hardcore mix of your tune with the Korg M1 piano sound just for a bit of fun,but to be honest i could'nt listen to that one sound {piano} in every single tune i need dimensions in music :D

Music just feels so better when there's Breakbeats in it,Hardcore! you know there's no better music! :D

Monty....

Last edited:

oldskooltom

Registered Member
Nov 28, 2006
I have done a quick Hardcore mix of your tune with the Korg M1 piano sound just for a bit of fun,but to be honest i could'nt listen to that one sound {piano} in every single tune i need dimensions in music :D

Music just feels so better when there's Breakbeats in it,Hardcore! you know there's no better music! :D

Monty....

whohohohohoho! wicked wicked wicked, so so sweet, totally love the fx you got on the vocal as well as beats, flute thing saweet! overall pro production, wicked beyond belief.

10/10

chriselee2006

Dec 9, 2006
london
www.digital-freaks.com
I am making a 1989/90 style Italian house style piano tune. I use reason software only. Finding it tricky to get that basic Italian sound, (my sample library aint that big) but im playin the keys well on the track. if anyone is intersted in a collab I will fire you over the RNS of the work I have done so far, and hopefully can make it a joint effort. lemme know and I will give you my MSN to exchange files etc.

I just want to make a monster piano track for old times sake.

I,LL HAVE A GO M8.I'VE MADE A FEW HOUSE TRACKS,

www.digital-freaks.com;)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
whohohohohoho! wicked wicked wicked, so so sweet, totally love the fx you got on the vocal as well as beats, flute thing saweet! overall pro production, wicked beyond belief.

10/10

Hi mate glad you like it,if you use a sampler and you want to the Korg M1 Piano i can give you the wav files but you will have to map each sample across the keyboard eq C1 goes on C1 and up to B1,then C2 goes on C2 and up to B2,there is 5 samples of the Piano C1,C2,C3,C4 and C5.To get the Korg M1 Piano sound to sound the way it does,i Compressed it to pick up the low sounds,i used an Enveloper so the notes at the start of the sample have a strong attack,i used a Limiter to stop any notes going to loud leaving an even volume and put a nice reverb in the background but it had to be the right one and to help that reverb out even more i put some strings playing the Piano very low in the background which mixes with the reverb this helps make the Piano sounds lush.

So over all the Piano sounds loud,punchy and lush :D

It's a shame you dont' use Logic Pro 7 as i could just give you the channel strip setting then you would have the Korg M1 Piano the way i have got it as it took me ages to getting sounding the way it does but the good thing about it i have it saved so i can use it in any tune the way it is now :D it does show you tho that if you work hard at your sounds your mixes will sound a really good......Monty......

Last edited: