So what's your home town like?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
pop off to http://www.knowhere.co.uk and type in the name of your town or home town..

for some reason the first page you get has skateboarding places on it (?) but click on the links on the right for some more delights..

This is what it has to say about Leigh, close to where i used to live..

under clubs -

And secondly there is the legendary Ruebens (aka Dustbins), the beer is disgusting and expensive and the women are disgusting and cheap.

There are 2 clubs in leigh both are dog ruff they are full of people that think as slow as they talk. Ruebens is the beter of the 2 but your feet stick to the floor and its full of scum.

lol - reubens rocked...

under hook up spots -

Leigh is an absolute hole. Do not under any circumstances attempt to "hook-up" with anyone there. Unless of course you'd like to have a five hour conversation in slow motion with a "Leyther" in a second hand Campri ski jacket about whether it's pronounced "hook" or "hooooooooouk".

superb - spot on that is..

under food -

Pies, pies and more pies. And kebab shops. And pizza shops with a one and a half hour delivery time. And a Macdonalds, for when locals are celebrating their wedding anniversaries.

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
===================
Knowhere Guide to Salford
===================

Inside information
Hook-up Spot (That hallowed spot where everyone hangs around with their mates dreaming of the time when they can get into the pubs or clubs -- a bench, a corner: you name it.)

The hook up spot outside the spar where the local asians serve anyone from the age 8 onwards . If u go on buile hill park on a friday you will see the local policeman crying like a baby in the back of his transit as the local thugs shower it with bricks, bottles, and ,petrol bombs
Salford Precinct- or any street corner

Skateboard Spots
Buille Hill Park watch the parkies tho
The Precinct car park . Inbetween the high rises

off 2 builey now with me sk8board in hand - yeah right like ud still have yer sk8board by the end of the day
:hole:

This is what they say about Llanelli !!

One of the best rugby teams in europe.

True true !!

Plenty of pubs and curry houses. More curry houses than Birmingham, probably...

Hee Hee !!

An ever-expanding local music scene (Turk-Rock) that will concur the world.

That is soooo funny, thats what Llanelli people are called - Turks !! And theres more rockers than anything else !!

In danger of becoming a mini-Swansea.

That would never happen, thered be a war !!!

The council, the amount of money wasted on THE MILLENIUM COASTAL PARK!!

It really does take the piss !! Its right across the road from my house too !! Its basically some ducks, swans, an attempted water sports thing, but it has a sign u saying "Do not let your dog go in the water as it is poisonous" !!!!!

Better than average chance of being headbutted by a complete stranger when walking down Station Road.

Hee hee, apparantly they say that if you can go out in Llanelli you can go out anywhere !!

Cracking egg and chips in the Savoy.

Best chippy ever !!

You can't visit Llanelli without having a battered rissole from the Savoy, a culinary masterpiece

Mmmmm rissoles, top fodder !!

Hook Up Spots !!
Station road (basically where all the pubs are....more pubs than houses in Llanelli !!)

I'd like to say the Masons Arms but I suppose it will have to be the sunken gardens although it's mainly tramps and skateboarders who hang around there.

Too true !! This made me laugh this site !!

Sweet xx

Missed(A)Monday

Feb 25, 2002
Near Blackburn
This is where I live if anyones interested!! Cute place, bit ruff at night though!

clithero.jpg

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
WIDNES....get ready for it

Hook-up Spot (That hallowed spot where everyone hangs around with their mates dreaming of the time when they can get into the pubs or clubs -- a bench, a corner: you name it.)

Victoria park was a spot of hazy acid filled summers for me, and still pretty popular with the cider kids. If you prefer local shops as your hang out spot then Peelhouse lane has three very popular places to cavort and stuff.
Victoria Park, Victoria Square fountain, Town Centre.
Absolutely none widnes is by no doubt the shittest town on the face of the world ever! Never bother cummin here its shit for skatin with only a couple of empty car parks for me probably the only skater in this god-forsaken place its a hellhole and it stinks of shit! I used to live in gloucester and its ace there but this place is past a joke its just rubbish!

pmsl...couldn't have put it better myself:D :D :D :D

jayne x

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
lol Here is the buzzing hive of activity that is 'Stockport' Manchester

Inside information

Try the bearpit next to the bus station above the river if you are brave enough to challenge the pigeons in their own territory (the stink of the river won't keep them away!)
Grand Central
Grand Central. Absolutely hundreds of teenagers there looking for fights, stealing money off people and trying to get into luckies (erm, no).
Skateboard Spots

the A6...go on, try it whydoncha!
Canal Street. Not very good and expensive but never the less a skateboard spot.
Bones skatepark on canal street, £4 per 3 hour session for BMXers,skatboarders and, erm binliners

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
pubs

Pen & Cob, MInstrel, White Horse, Unicorn: DO NOT GO IN THESE PUBS - the chant "you're going home in a yorkshire ambulance" will apply if you do

best place to hook up

Kiosk at the bus station.
milton hall....top spot week nights.lots of v nice irish ladies.
ON THE CORNER OF McDONALDS (UNLESS YOUR OVER 18)
"Firkin" is the place. The best women are in their 30's........why? Well they might be rough but will make you a cracking breakfast in the morning.
Norman park, birkby - Full of little slappers who think their 'ard' and are quite willin to start a fight with any one, even though they are only 2 ft 6 tall hahaha, come on then kiddies, Ill fight ya!!

Missed(A)Monday

Feb 25, 2002
Near Blackburn
sweet sensation said:
Where the friggin hell is it then missed(a)monday ??? And dont say near Blackburn !! ;) Sweet xx

P.S. Hows your book coming along ???

Its 10 miles away from blackburn a place called clitheroe! My book!! well not at all really! my toones going well though!! Im doing a special version for this web site, im speaking thru a vocoder in the break goin on about DJ Butty on the wheels of steel!!!! VERY cheesy! (Only took an extra 10 minutes to recore it in) just a bit of respect really for the peepz on this web site! anyone else want a mention for a giggle

;)
:) :)

Tonksi

Jul 18, 2001
Me Flat with our Kes..proper bo'!
Ashton Under Lyne

Inside information

The chore spot near Hurst Cross and Ashton United football ground. Lots of Thunderbird Red drinking

Pubs

The Halfway House - cheap bitter. The Colliers Arms on Hartshead Pike.. once claimed to be the UK's worst pub. Tiny place where you drink in the landlords living room.LOL Collliers Arms is indeed dodgy as..looks like uve stepped onto the set of Last Of The Summer Wine...mint!!

Clubs (Dance Music)

Univerals, The Love Shack. Pure cheese. All on the strip(lol makes it sound well glam). Loads of fighting. Spot on that!!

Cinemas

The Metro. Always gets full of scrotes who whistle during films. People more likely to go to Showcase in Manchester.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity (Famous residents and ex-residents.)

Bill Tarmey (Jack Duckworth). Lives near Broadoak pub and plays gigs there. Jear only the best celebs live in Ashton!!

The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else

Ashton is a bit grim.
This review is spot on:D

Saira

Mar 24, 2002
Brum
i already know what its gonna say about birmingham - shit hole with too many students n curry houses....night lifes not bad if ur a student/piss head

princesswarrior

Feb 21, 2002
Now i'm sitting I shall begin i can not believe i was born and lived in this little town

SCARBOROUGH

Hook-up-spot

Dean road cemetery where young goths practise their rituals high as kites many young virgin goths sacrifice their body not a place for the faint hearted.

Scarborough sea front the place to see all the bangers driving up and down up and down with their bangin tunes blarin out, lookin like total wankers

woolies corner !!!!!!!!!!!!

For wessie losers- Over the valley bridge

Scarborough is shit all you can do is get pissed and canned

The balcony in the brunswick pavillion- Good for spitting on people. ( lol i carnt stop laughing)

Loads more but to long
next

Food

Fish pan-Jimmy Savilles ther fav customer

Triccaloes has good tables for dancing on
Florio's really good at happy hour
Burger king is to good to miss

BARS

Avoid the pickwick it has an evil lady behind the bar who will bar anyone who shows the sign of having a good time.

The hole in the wall-good ale and no psycos

cult celebrity

Paul Ingle (bless him a mate of mine never fight again)
Jimmy Saville
Robert Palmer
The twat whos been shouting final paperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr outside the brunswick for the last 10 million yrs

CLUBS

Boleyns for all the dirty old men to perv
Planet cheesy pop let anyone in over 10yr old
Lts used to be the best to wake up to covered in fag ash and sick

Go to leeds if you want a decent club

Honestly i could go for hours on my little town of scarborough but not tonight guys so i hope this will do.

A couple more then

Fav Buildings

Abby national it has an allyway down the side of it and due to the lack of toilets in scarborough it brings me great relief alot

The train station. The line ends here in this seaside town that they forgot to close down.

Thats it now my arms are killing me.

Pw x

:D :D lol

zonecrew

Sep 1, 2001
Workington
Workington - Cumbria

Hook up Spot

- I remember Stainburn steps,I Still knock about there with a bottle of cider even though its surrounded by a bunch of old bastards who phone the cops if you kick a football.

- moorclose sports centre with ron and hoss whach out though their off their heads you can also see don and natli wid their crew

Food

Harrington Rd Chinese sells dodgy meals such as cockroach chow mein and silverfish foo yung and the old bag who serves is about as pleasant as a wet weekend in silloth. The Curwen sells the best all day breakfast in the world, try it! Moorclose chippy is the best for cumberland sausage and chips and Lam Ross is a nice guy who used to feed all us whippersnappers when we were young thugs and terrorised the neighbourhood

Pubs

Moorclose pub is always full of smackheads

Clubs

Passions IS a Cattle Market, full of dirty old slappers who think its (still) cool to dance round their handbags to Steps whilst touching up poor unsuspecting teenagers. Isis has shut down (the legend has gone - Madisons, for those too young too remember, it was the dogs you know whats!) Fusion is about the best spot to go and get high on jimmy riddles and laugh at the bouncers when they follow you around the spot thinking that we dont notice, they even had a sniffer dog and a dog in their one night, one was an alsation and one was Joanne Fatlock!

Famous Residents

If you see a scruffy git with greesy blonde hair and face like a bull dog licking piss of a thistle and he asks you for 20p, fag or lighter then you have met our famous town idiot, yes you have got RAYMOND STARKY he is pretty easy to spot he is either as pissed as a fart or high on either petrol or glue, if he as you for a light give hime one and run like hell. also steeve macmahrn from seaton who has a son with a head bigger than his body, steeve is a bit of a loner none of his neighbours in seaton like him, cos no one like him he tries to run you over, phone the police if you play football in 100 yard radious of his house, he also stares at you from his house with binoculars, sad or what!!! if you see him give him the 2 finger salute well all us whitestile lads do!!! FINALLY there is a scruffy escaped little mad man from dovenby hospital(mental asylumn) who thinks everyone is his friend when in fact everyone takes the piss out of him, he is a 40 year old paperboy (a bit like the waterboy but very very smelly and scruffy) you can find him wandering around town selling his holy papers and you can find him around town waisting his money on gamblers

italian style

Feb 22, 2002
wakefield
here goes for Wakefield-

Argos corner - central to all the pubs!
It's not there anymore, the old bus station clock. Dunno where to go now
Outside Supercigs, near the market house.
Don't believe what people say. I've been to Wakefield many times and have NEVER seen any whores on Argos corner, it's all a hoax, Wakefield's pretty boring when you think about it. Don't hook up anywhere. go somewhere interesting instead like Leeds or Sheffield, or why not try Normanton, it's great at this time of year so I hear!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
Missed(A)Monday said:
Its 10 miles away from blackburn a place called clitheroe! My book!! well not at all really! my toones going well though!! Im doing a special version for this web site, im speaking thru a vocoder in the break goin on about DJ Butty on the wheels of steel!!!! VERY cheesy! (Only took an extra 10 minutes to recore it in) just a bit of respect really for the peepz on this web site! anyone else want a mention for a giggle

lol only just seen this post!!

missed a mate did u finish ur tune? if so let us have a hear! :D

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Quality!!!!

There is no hook-up spot at all.
This has to be in the bus station like all the other 13 goung on 30 year olds
a gr8 hook up spot is weatborough
down mighty mighty mirf and up noristhorpe
w h smiths
Top of Halifax Road near the Shoulder of Mutton. There is a bus stop that is fun to sit at and watch the traffic. Or stay dry if it is raining.
the hook up spot area in Dewsbury savile town is outside the shell petrol station people just look at lasses and think they are bigtime u know what i mean
THORNHILL PARK WHERE ALL THE SCHOOLIES GO TO GET PISSED AND RANDY ON THE HILL (MOUNTAIN ROAD) GETTING DRUNK AND ROLLING DOWN IT OR ON GAS BOARDS (SPEAD FREAKS ONLY)
Dewsbury Bus Station - Cool!!! Longcauseway - if you want that special someone for the night (nudge nudge, wink wink)!!!!

Oh dear, I used to live near Thornhill park and went to Thornhill High School too :$ :$ I also went to college at the top of Halifax road!!! :S

Pubs and Cafe's
The Black Bull pub in the Market Place has been called that for over 100 years now, and the local paper threat it like it's a listed treasure-but you can't 'the kids'-it's not very good and no amount of expensive refits will disguise it. Same goes for 'Jack D's' just up the road. It's not only on thin copyright ice, but it's EXACTLY the same place it was before it's makeover,it just has a different name and front.
Rosey's Bar in Ravey
red lion in heckmondwike rules
princables and jack'ds
good pub up near bank and mc'donalds its on the corner
yes loads , some not too bad ones
West Riding, West Riding, West Riding!
SCARBOROUGH HOTEL(GOTTIES BAR)Thornhill-Great beer and crowd,pity Peter has'nt learnt how to fill a pint glass-should'nt have a problem he's pulled enough-oh I see "sorry wrong pub" and "trust Peter he's a judge" - from a local boozer from Doubting Rd----which is not to be dimolished
All Crap!
Excellent food and great bar staff at the Bath Hotel.
TIME PIECE AND TP WOODS
The Black Tulip? Thats going back a while, now it's called the Oak and Acorn. The Bath Hotel and the Woodman are pretty nice. Everywhere else dominated by rockers and townies
Black Bull - great on a Thursday night. Duke of ~Wellington (for horizontally challenged people). Black Tulip. Market Tavern.
Cafes and coffee shops

Watsons untyil the bailiffs came in
never been in but i pass a place called vals
again dewsbury has loads of these
loads
typically North English type places
Chatter's coffee shop. Bus station Cafe. Branch Christian Bookshop coffeeshop. Sainbury's (they do a mean chicken curry - go after 5 and you get two for the price of one!!) real value to shout about. URC coffee mornings (great for passive smokers and those who want lung cancer). Bakerys on Longcauseway.

Greg Rusedski's mum and Betty Boothroyd the famous tiller girl
that one with blonde hair off coronation street
The Bronte sisters went to school for a year in Dewsbury, and was the first place they wrote poetry (apparantly they hated the place)
Eddie Waring ("R-r-r-r-ugby" and "its an up and under") was born in Dewsbury...someone had to, and why not it be an untalented boorish rugby commentator!
The guy who was the band leader on the Titantic was from Dewsbury. Robert Palmer is from Batley.
Greg Rusecski's Grandmother was born in Dewsbury.(She really was you know!) Stan LAurel once lived in Staincliffe.
Betty Boothroyd grew up here as well as MP Marcus Fox.

Wolfy

Feb 17, 2003
London Taan
Islington

HOOK UP SPOT

(That hallowed spot where everyone hangs around with their mates dreaming of the time when they can get into the pubs or clubs -- a bench, a corner: you name it.)

upper street
on the green itself!
Nowhere in mind, maybe virgin @ the angel browsing for cd's

Whoever compiled your notes on Islington deserves a good kick up the backside. The word inadequate springs to mind.
canal park -full of underage drinkers and kids smoking the reef!!
:D :D We start them young down here!

Clubs

the garage in highbury and islington.
Got demolished to build a shopping centre, try pirate radio Soundz 94.3 cover the whole of london
Slimelights goth club...remarkable!
333 Old Street Turnmills by Farringdon tube
The Aquarium, The onlu club with a pool in the UK!
The Scala and Bagleys in Kings Cross, The Dome in Tufnell Park, Fabric, Fluid and Turnmills in Clerkenwell. Something for everyone old or young, straight, gay or not bothered. Check Time Out.

kathy burke
sanjeev bhaskar [from goodness gracious me, and the kumars at number 42].
Ratpack,
Linda Robson (birds of a feather), the tall skinny bird out of only fools and horses & a few more
Lots of comedians.
Gary Chandler -da'main man of Angel (anin't got a danny who he is!)
Tony Blair. Nuff said
Angus Deayton Kathy Burke Cate Winslett Martin and Gary Kemp Joe Orton
Carver off The Bill!
Ray Winstone
Denise Van Outen

Buskers, Street Entertainers

upper street, who let the dogs out man
same as coffee shops, oh the bloke at sainsburys who helps you into a cab
outside the cashpoints along Islington High Street
Busking has recently been legalised on Upper street. Look out for the once-a-week violinist near Islington Green (he plays while walking up and down a tightrope between two trees!)