can anyone recomend a all in one programe for the pc

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
can anyone reccomend a program thats all in one for the pc
i really want to get into the production side of thing but i'm crap with computers and need something that alows you to take samples etc and start a tune from scratch and that is fairly easy to use without having to buy samplers etc
all the programes i've looked at seem to good to be true and would like a second opion before i buy one
cheers in advance:thumbsup: ...............

darkseptember

Sep 29, 2006
Reason is good but its a bit hard for the novice if you not hot on computers - better to try r some thing simple that just manipulates samples like Sonic Foundry Acid...or eveb simpler Ejay.

Damage Inc.

Sep 4, 2006
Suffolk
www.sonicfortress.com

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
Y Not Just Ask Me Ya Gonk?lol Ur Welcome To Mine Anytime Dude Ill Show Ya The Ropes Wi Reason And Prot:p Ools Project-d

lol was going to mention something when i saw you the other week but you'd gone by the time i remembered :gigolo:
i'm doing a night at cardinals on the 28th get yourself down there and we can talk then :cool:

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
My advice would be if you are going to take up music production then throw yourself in at the deep end,

Get yourself a copy of cubase sx & reason 3 & get some tutorial books or tutorial cds on it mate, you will pick it up eventually :thumbsup:

I have a great cubase sx tutorial cd rom, it gives you a full video tutorial of all the aspects of cubase & what each feature within cubase does, its a great tool & has helped me no ends. Drop us a pm mate & i can wing it over :thumbsup:

tomlad

Oct 10, 2006
Blackburn
reason 3 all the way. i dont use anything but for my music, (u can hear it on myspace) mainly coz i dont know how 2 use anything else! lol, ive been usin reason proper for like a year, its mint. (it wud be better if i understud what half of it did as well! haha)

It's probably worth mentioning that Reason is pretty useless if you don't have a midi keyboard hooked up to trigger stuff.

I tried it but didn't get too far with it - bit of a shame cos some of the sample packs are WILD! Tend to stick to acid pro atm, but that's a bit of a 'music 2000' system and will probably get me laffed at on here for bein a p00f! :D

tomlad

Oct 10, 2006
Blackburn
haha thats how i got into music! making shit on music and music 2000 on me ps1 haha! i was like 8 at the time, i will upload it soon for people 2 laugh at lol.

reason is pointless without a midi yeah deffo, but u can pick a new one up now for next 2 nothing, i got my oxygen 8 last year for 100 but theyre about 60 now brand new! :eek: :eek: