Sony ACID XPress 5

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Is this a useful tool for creating new music, using phrases of already written music?

I've got the full software off a magazine and it sounds like I can take a piece of music, edit and play about with it and then build it up into something else by adding more and more phrases from other tunes.

Have I got the general idea right and is it good software to use as i've been looking for something similar for years?:)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Cheers Ed:thumbsup:

When I read the decription I thought "Cool, sounds just what i've been after all this time!!:D "

Can't wait to give it a try now:)

Keyser Soze

Oct 5, 2005
Aberdeen
keysers0ze.multiply.com
I use the full Acid 5.0 pro version. I use it for making mash ups and long mixes.

I am in the process of teaching myself to use it for making my own tracks.

I found it quite easy to pick up. ( Unlike the more complex parts of the program ! )

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
hey stan, it may be that my monitor's humped or summat but I'm getting proper acidy visual shit off the colours in your sig...
good work fella! :thumbsup: :king:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
Is this a useful tool for creating new music, using phrases of already written music?

I've got the full software off a magazine and it sounds like I can take a piece of music, edit and play about with it and then build it up into something else by adding more and more phrases from other tunes.

Have I got the general idea right and is it good software to use as i've been looking for something similar for years?:)

what magazine is it off i wouldn't mind having a bit of this:D if this is what keyser is using a wouldn't mind a tinker. ive just spent most of the morning listening to mr soze's work and its excellent:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
what magazine is it off i wouldn't mind having a bit of this:D if this is what keyser is using a wouldn't mind a tinker. ive just spent most of the morning listening to mr soze's work and its excellent:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I got it with PC PRO mag, but it's actually a freeware program available here Sony Media Software - Downloads - ACID XPress 5.0 and it says you need Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 too in order to use it:)

I still haven't got around to installing it yet, but i'm hoping to test it out this weekend:thumbsup:

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
Acid is a program that is primarily used (in its simplest versions) as a simple remix tool for amateur remixers. Its simple cut & paste, drag and drop interface allows you to lay down some beats, add a sample from your music library, cut up and change the pitch/tempo of your sample to fit with the beats.

The more advanced programs add effects, EQ, etc.

A great tool to use to get to grips with remixing and sequencing and I highly reccomend it:thumbsup:

Robbie Chopper

Mar 23, 2006
On the mo-fo'in 1's and 2's
I use Sony Acid Pro 5.0 aswell and its a good bit of production gear, havent been on it for ages so i have forgotton how to do most things but i have made tunes using this program alone.

Some parts of the tune were samples loaded in and some parts of the tune were original and made with the "insert midi track" part (think thats how i did it.lol. cant remember) anyway, when you get into it theres a little keyboard and you can choose the instrument that your playing on the keyboard.theres loads of options in there.

i guess that the version you have got is very similar to the Pro 5.0 (probably an upgraded version if its really new)

Hope this has been some help (probably not.hahaha) :thumbsup:

Keyser Soze

Oct 5, 2005
Aberdeen
keysers0ze.multiply.com
Well, if you read my post properly, you'd know that I mentioned in its simplest forms its used by amateurs. I didn't mention professionals nor did I rule them out. Professionals would rather use the full programs than the entry level versions.

Ok,ok,ok,ok.

Lighten the funk up dude, it was only a joke.

I'm sure it doesn't really matter who else uses it. I use it and I don't care if Jean Michael Jarre uses it or not. It works for me.

As long as you have a general understanding on how to use the software you will be able to teach yourself the rest. Practise makes perfect.

IMO, nothing is musically impossible. All of the software mentioned comes with instruction manuals and tutorials can be easily found. I have no musical training and I ain't the sharpest tool in the box but I have managed to use Acid quite easily. If I can, anyone can, it's all about imagination and everyone has one of those !

Sorry if I have offended you.

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
cheers for the link jiglo. ive downloaded express will let you know how i get on, when i get time to have a tinker on it:D