Mash-Oxford St

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Fusion

does anyone on the board remember the fashion shows they used to have on a saturday afternoon downstairs in mash there was a record shop down stairs too and an old jeep lol.

i just found 3 tops i bought & 2 bandanas in the original bag while clearing out the attic and cant believe i actually wore this stuff lol

theres a purple tie-dyed t-shirt comes to the knees
a black top full of yellow smileys and a jumper with a mashed up mario holding a magic mushroom lol.

couldnt find my old pink kicker boots though lol

i surely wasnt the only 1 wearing this shit lol.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Reactions: Jelboy

BEN-JAMMIN'

Apr 3, 2002
STOKE ON TRENT
i dont think you were the only one mate. i found this white top with a huge smiley face on the front which i used to go kinetic in, thought it was the dogs bollox at the time like.....lol

i can remember it now....smiley top, white gloves, glowsticks... i can remember me mate buying one of them flourescent jackets wot workmen have in kinetic but i thought that was takin it a bit too far(he says!!)

i reckon there must be loads on here with old clothing nightmares????

who can come up with the best/worst??

:drum: :rolleyes: :roll: :axe:

Reactions: Albertryder
LOL- memories:

Fairly Hip Kid t shirts
Dennis the menace t shirts
Smack, crack & pot t-shirts
lilac mexican/inca print hooded tops
wooden beads/ethnic jewellery
kickers
mambo shorts
peruvian tops
smiley t shirts
fans
air horns
strawberry flavoured smoke
free ice pops
wearing yr footie tops to raves
daft hats
puffa jackets
foooooookin LARGE joe bloggs flares

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
PG Trips- T Shirt
Heinz 57 E - T Shirt
Raving Tigger - T Shirt

Kangaroos boots - with pouch pocket on tounge
NBs - Quality foot wear
James top - with sit down on the back ( Why why why )

Goi- Goi skate rag bottoms
Vick vapour stick

Smile culture bandana
Have a nice trip :) - t shirt
Intertwind and checked fat laces on the old foot wear
Ref Wistles
Burger stand, in the Leeds warehouse ( Kaos ) flogging cheese burrgers at £3 a pop to trip heads, just so they could sit on the floor with there mates and laugh at the cheese breathing Lolol

O them were the days :( :(

M Jaxx

re8.jpg

Happiness was dresing how the f**k you like, not dressing like the next person !!!!!!!

Last edited:
goi/ goi - to the max

Dosse Posse

all the stuff i used to wear - never flourescent though mailny white n blck then big shuady cp compiany jacket with goggles in hood like gas mask - llllol was shady as that hhehehe - always toppeed with reebock classics

alan

:D :D :D :D :D

heads fucked just ad 2 of the strongestpills - snowbralls are back
£5 and m fuckeeeed

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BEN-JAMMIN'

Apr 3, 2002
STOKE ON TRENT
snowballs

heads fucked just ad 2 of the strongestpills - snowbralls are back
£5 and m fuckeeeed

snowballs, there a bit mad they are. last time we had some of them one of me mates lost it and was just talking total twaddle all night, telling me that he'd put a new fence up for my back garden and sort the lawn out and weeding and stuff. thing is i lived in a flat at the time, didnt even have a back garden.lol
loads of my mates blurted out stuff they didnt mean to on them things. made my head have major mad rushes in the week aswell.
keep 'em away!!!!

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Fusion said:
does anyone on the board remember the fashion shows they used to have on a saturday afternoon downstairs in mash there was a record shop down stairs too and an old jeep lol.

i just found 3 tops i bought & 2 bandanas in the original bag while clearing out the attic and cant believe i actually wore this stuff lol

a black top full of yellow smileys and a jumper with a mashed up mario holding a magic mushroom lol.

Have you been to the Mash Bar on Oxford street - it's well cool & funky in there. Nice bit seats & chilled out tunes :D

simmo

Nov 10, 2001
in john menzies getten new false teeth
as for me

i used 2 av 1 ov dem french connection tops with F on the front and C on the back in massive letters .. remeber them.. every fukker ad one !!!!

plus had a technics beanie hat, i thought it looked well wicked, think i got it from affleccs in manc!! now that was a good rave clothing shop and bloody cheap!!!!!

h²õ

Sep 11, 2001
Norwich
god you guyz are takin it back some, i bought some top nike walkin shoes in mash cant rem name of them, where kinda walkin shoes but like trainers with bright orange swoosh down side, any 1 got any ideas on the name? anyways heres some more of my shady atire of the day

chambers sweat shirts,
travelfox Boots,
wallabees (bright purple YUK...lol),
dodgy purple joggin bottoms,
Beurghouse Ski jacket,
Any freaky ski hat or hooded top i could lay my hands on,

I also rem havin a pair of black FILA ankle boots with a velcro strap across the front, cant rem the name?...........

OK thats enough im now gonna jump in a cold bath before i get carried away and admit to havin a whistle.........lol

:p :mad:

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
I also rem havin a pair of black FILA ankle boots with a velcro strap across the front, cant rem the name?...........

i had a black pair of the leather one's(well leather look type) and a red pair of suede one's too...and i walked them to death, i only threw them away about 2 yrs ago:( (wasn't still wearin' em then i just found them)

but i can't remember the name!

jayne x

h²õ

Sep 11, 2001
Norwich
G they dont makem like that ne more! shame coz they where me all time favs... weird how things come round again, just take a look in some of the cooler fash shops at the mo and Sergio Tach is makin a come back, u never know we may see these shoes again....hehe

:phones:

GAZZOPICASSO

Nov 19, 2020

I loved it in there, was shopping there from 87, bought some classic early house tunes along with some rather unusual and original garments....one of which was a yellow hyde park long sleeve top that I lived in every weekend lol....reminis so much of them days gone now but have some fantastic memories, still smile when I think what I was up to at 16/17...was a one off shop that's for sure 👍

Jelboy

Mar 27, 2014
Does anyone know/remember the black guy who was the DJ downstairs in Mash . He had hair like Jazzy B and he wore glasses. I bought some great grandad tops , boots (Timberland style) and a handmade yellow Acid House cap and like a plum, threw it away ages ago 😫 plus tons of white label vinyl. Great days and memories. This was around 89 - 90 (Proper rave days)

Last edited: