Pioneer DJM600?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lawler

Jul 29, 2006
Halifax
Does anyone use this mixer? What is it like for mixing things like house/oldskool music?

Thinking of buying one and have heard off a few people that most clubs tend to use this sort of mixer for its reliability and sheer amount of effects.

Any help appreciated!

Lawler:p

Mate I swear to god this mixer is so good it makes me shiiiiiiite...

Numark 5000fx

numark-5000fx.jpg

http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=num5000fx

Incredible amount of fx & also 30 sec sampler... I have been having so so so so much fun n games since I took delivery last week - can't recommend it highly enough :D

lawler

Jul 29, 2006
Halifax
Would you rate this above the DJM600 Then? i start uni in a few weeks ya see so am wanting to get all me gear sorted for the parties etc.:p

Is this as good quality as the pioneer?

Cheerz...

Lawler;)

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
lawler said:
Would you rate this above the DJM600 Then? i start uni in a few weeks ya see so am wanting to get all me gear sorted for the parties etc.:p

Is this as good quality as the pioneer?

Cheerz...

Lawler;)

purchased the pioneer 600 a few months back - and its the daddy!!!

top mixer! :king:

p.s which uni u goin to bud?

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
lawler said:
Does anyone use this mixer? What is it like for mixing things like house/oldskool music?

Thinking of buying one and have heard off a few people that most clubs tend to use this sort of mixer for its reliability and sheer amount of effects.

Any help appreciated!

Yep the Pioneer DJM600 is a good mixer but everyone i have ever known to have one has broke at some stage. The build quilty of these are not great, but overall its a good mixer with some nice effects.

Now then, well if your serious about mixing and you want a quality built mixer I am letting my Allen & Heath X zone 92 mixer go.

I have had it for around 6 weeks and was bought brand new. I am moving house shortly (again) and may be in need of some extra cash (and a holiday).

PM me any offers.

Anyone who had used one of these will know that it is up there with the best mixers around. :)

P.S The pic does not do this mixer justice at all.

http://remixmag.com/mag/remix_allen_...one/index.html

http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/dj_mixers.asp

xone92_a.jpg

The Allen & Heath XONE:92 presents a unique combination of performance tools for the professional DJ in a stylish and solidly built club format. Above all, it features sound quality second to none. XONE:92 has been designed and constructed using the same rigorous standards we apply to our large format professional consoles used and respected by top engineers throughout the world.

XONE:92 provides 6 dual stereo channels, two offering mic inputs, adding up to a massive 10 stereo and 2 microphone inputs. A full range of connectors means that you can connect up to 4 turntables, 2 mics, CD players, MD players, drum machines, samplers, and pretty much anything else you might want to bring into the mix.

MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) allows featured front panel controls to transmit MIDI data to enable remote control of external effects, samplers, sequencers etc. Tap Tempo related MIDI clocks are also transmitted to provide synchronisation of MIDI sound modules to pre-recorded sources playing through the mixer.

4 BAND EQ controls rather than the usual 3 for greater creativity. Each band has a safe +6dB boost. The HI and LO bands have infinite attenuation (total kill) with a sharp 12dB/oct roll-off and the MID bands have a massive -30dB of cut, enough to shape your sound well beyond normal EQ range, and without overloading your system.

Stereo channels use high quality twin rail linear or rotary VCA faders. These control the audio using DC voltages meaning that they can take a huge amount of punishment without the bangs and crackles that inevitably creep in on regular audio faders. The high spec Penny & Giles VCA crossfader is easily removable from the top panel for quick replacement should it become worn.

The curve can be swept between dipped response, ideal for seamless beat mixing, and fast-attack, suitable for scratch or cut mixing. Unique to XONE, two stereo state variable Voltage Controlled Filters provide the DJ with a new level of live performance creativity. These are very similar to those found on classic analogue synths but benefit from modern, quiet and stable technology. Use these to sweep the sound by accentuating or cutting frequencies from 30Hz to 20kHz. The 3 filter types HPF, BPF and LPF can be combined to create many more amazing effects. Low Frequency Oscillator controls enable cyclic LFO changes to be applied to each filter. A large Resonance control changes the ‘Q’ or sharpness of the filter effect from subtle to extreme. Each VCF has its own ‘ON’ switch.

Combined with the extensive output and monitoring features, colour coded indicators, stylish layout and clear graphics visible in all lighting situations, you have an unbeatable performance console equally at home in dance clubs, home set-ups, live venues, and on the road.

- 6 Stereo Channels (4 phone or line, 2 mono/mic or stereo return)

- 2 Auxilliary sends selectable pre/post fader (and crossfader)

- New twin-rail VCA channel faders or high quality VCA rotary faders

- 2 independent stereo mix outputs

- 2 x independent Low Frequency Oscillators (LFO) for filter modulation

- Spare knobs included

- Custom illumination showing status of all performance switches

- Dedicated booth output

- Extensive channel, output and cue metering

- Monitor section - includes post EQ switch; split cue and mix to cue balance

- 2 x headphone outputs 1/4" and 3.5 mm jacks

- Talkover facility on mono/mic channel attentuates music by 20dB

- Dedicated clean feed record output

- Universal power supply for worldwide performance

- Internal installer options for system optimization

- Plinth or 19" rack mount ears included

- MIDI output from VCF 1+2, crossfader, LFO (MIDI clock), dedicated data control and start/stop button

- 2 VCF filters - any performance channel can be assigned to either filter or either side of the crossfader

- 4 band EQ - high definition of frequency bands, with infinite kill on HF and LF: wide Q for cut, narrow Q for boost.

- Active crossfader allowing contour to be set from smooth to scratch mix

Thanks for looking, Caine

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
aye

chris17 said:
you never give up whoring that mixer round lol;)

Yeah, don't really want to get rid but the money will come in handy

Haven't tried to sell it properly yet though.........

Hows the CDJ? Got some right history that you know:D

Caine;)

Captain

Jul 20, 2006
Belfast
www.nioldskool.co.uk
I have had a djm 600 now for some time . Me cross fader is bleeding I would say ive had it bout 2 years . Top mixer with the effects and what have you but for sound quality I would go for the Alan & Heath . Its personal preference they do use the 500/600 in alot of clubs also so does the Alan and Heath are industry standard .

lawler

Jul 29, 2006
Halifax

Im off to Lincoln uni in a few weeks.:D

How much would you take for the Allen and Heath mixer mate?;)

Is the 600 good for the oldskool type music then or a bit gimmicky with all the effects?

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
http://www.rane.com/ttm56.html

Have a look at that, ive just bought one of them and it leaves any pioneer or alan and heath mixer for dead. It by far the best mixer i have ever used. It depends what you want it for I suppose, if you want loads of effects and a million channels then something else will be better but if you want sound quality, reliability smooth faders etc then you won't beat this mixer

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
brown29 said:
Yeah, don't really want to get rid but the money will come in handy

Haven't tried to sell it properly yet though.........

Hows the CDJ? Got some right history that you know:D

Caine;)
its spot on mate the best investment i've made in ages i'm converted i'd definatly reccomend them though just sussing all the tricks at the mo with the loop etc and cheap downloads instead of £8 a tune i got six top tracks the other day for that and no waiting for the post just buy them and your off its great (dont think my neighbours to impressed though lol)

if i had not spent up on the cdj i'd of had the mixer off you but i'm skint now :cry: i really want one its next on the shopping list i think do you do credit i'll give you a tenner a week ;)

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
lawler said:
Im off to Lincoln uni in a few weeks.:D

How much would you take for the Allen and Heath mixer mate?;)

Is the 600 good for the oldskool type music then or a bit gimmicky with all the effects?

Il PM you when I have a little more time...........

Ha ha, Chris a tenner a week you say? hows about piss off sound :D

Caine :)

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
brown29 said:
Il PM you when I have a little more time...........

Ha ha, Chris a tenner a week you say? hows about piss off sound :D

Caine :)
alright then fifteen and thats my final offer and i think i'm been bloody generous:moonie:

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
x zone mixer

chris17 said:
alright then fifteen and thats my final offer and i think i'm been bloody generous:moonie:

Well chris, iv started to collect a few debts in now so am going to be ok for cash for a little while.

I have a few interested partys but, if you want I will hold them off for when you have some money yourself.

Theres no rush............

you know, it would look quite nice next to your CDJ.

What you thinking?

Caine;)

lawler

Jul 29, 2006
Halifax
I have been offered a Xone 32 by a friend of mine for around same price i can get a DJM600 for.

Would anyone rate these above the DJM ones?

Regards,

Shaun Lawler:p