Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
...ordered off eBay?

Some sellers don't half take the p*ss:mad:

I've been waiting 2 weeks for a record now from manchester and even though he only offered 2nd class post, we don't use donkeys in this country to deliver mail. Get to the fecking post office you lazy cnut!!:mad:

I ordered something for my brother 3 weeks ago that had first class post and it still took a week and a half to arrive. What the fecks going on?:S

I've sent him a reminder today but what is a reasonable time to wait before asking the seller nicely to post the record?:)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It only takes 4 days from Germany for 5 Euros postage (3 records), perhaps Germany's the solution to my impatience:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
My postwoman is ace and she loves me, probably because she doesn't believe that i'm not a dj:D

It's the other end that's the problem:mad:

Maybe these snails need their own scooters:thumbsup:

Presuming Ed

Realistic time for receipt of a record in the UK would be a week tops, although there have been a few i've needed to chase. as a seller i have sent records to the states that ahve only taken 7 days to arrive. Funny this thread should come up as i've got a similar problem with a seller at the moment.....2 Weeks no tune!! Ed:D

Charlie

Jun 16, 2003
Carlisle
www.myspace.com
It's hate it when they fill you full of shit.
Saying that they've sent it when they haven't just makes it worse imo.

I bought something on ebay off someone on here (no names mentioned).
I had an idea that it wouldnt come as the person in question had tried to sell the record that I bought off him on here. We had a disagrement on here over how much the record was worth, so in the end he decided to inform me that the record was going on ebay and I'd see that he was right in his valuation.
I watched the record and got it for little more than 2quid, well over £20 less that what he was asking for.
I had this gut feeling that he'd have egg on his face over the whole issue and wouldnt actually send the record so I opted for special delivery so that I would at least know if it had been posted.
A fortnight passed, no record turned up and I'd heard all the excuses so I asked for the royal mail item number so that I could find out where it was.
Shock horror, he'd only gone and lost it :mad:
Ended up having to take it to paypal for a refund.

Presuming Ed

Although I can appreciate that there is little sympathy for Sellers when it comes to Ebay, what does annoy me is when a buyer says 'could you get the tune to me by a certain time' then you go out of your way to get it to them quickly (not that i don't deliver ASAP anyway) then leave them feedback...and they don't reciprocate.

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
i'd say 5 days / a week tops to get a record, but half the time it's down to royal mail, i always tried to post out next day (have now give up the selling on e-bay, flooded market, not worth the time & effort for 99p a tune less fees!) but have known records take upto 10 days after posting with Royal Mail :mad: