Describe your style...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
OK, style as in, the way you dress. Who or what do you take influence off or from? Do you buy magazines, and just have to buy the clothes that are bang on trend, or do you like to be a complete rebel???

Or are you just not arsed? What is your faveorite item of clothes...or the items in your wardrobe that are just classic, and are the best bet, when nothing else feels as good.

Me myself, well, I love different stuff. I hate to follow trends, I think the clothes are a waste of money...and where is the indeviduality in that? I love little boutiques with one off pieces, and I love to totally stand out. It just makes me the indevidual that I am.
I love sexy womanly clothes...not slag clothes, things like stillettos...mmmmmm, they are deffo my fave thing in the world ever. Just make me feel so good when I wear them.

People who I think have good style are, Dita VT, Gwynn Stefani, V.Becham (she's a tool, but she does dress well) and a couple of ,my mates and I also think my Great Grandma had fabulous style. She always was very elegant, and looked brilliant.

A totally shallow thread, but a fecking love clothes...so it's ok. lol.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Never really thought about it tbh, it changes daily for me :|

Sometimes i like girly, sometimes i like tomboy, sporty, classic etc....dont think i have one particular style :|

I do like things a bit different though, but id say i was more an accessoriser than anything :thumbsup:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
ooo lozzie i am LOVING this thread! lol

I think I have a rather ecclectic style. I do buy magazines, but I dont follow all trends.
I love antique/period drama looking items, clothes and accessories.
But at the same time I like very clingy and sexy clothes.....sort of glamourous and sophisticated.
50s fashion, full skirts and dresses are my favourites too.......
I dont own a pair of flat shoes I might add :| Love heels
I guess my style is generally girly....but I love winter clothes! Knee high boots and socks, shift dresses, long black winter coats, dark purples, plaid etc......lovely! :)

in fact i shouldnt have started writing on this! lol too much to say

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Kinda skate/snowboarder loose fitting clothing usually, but more unique items rather than run of the mill. I don't really wanna dress like anybody else, but I don't take it to the extreme.

I pick items up only when something stands out from the rest. I'm not usually keen on obvious logos - although don't mind Stussy and other less common brands designs when it's got a nice graff style to it:)

I'm not a fashion guru, but i'd be surprised if I see anybody else wearing the same gear.

Last edited:
NS you are good at accessorising!

Amz, you are a total girl lol.

Im a bit like, "how do I feel today" and dress accordingly. I love urban style too. I think there is soooo many people in Manc with such good taste in clothes, there is soooo many wicked shops that let you dress however you want, and are totally stylish, without a sniff of a trend. Taste and style are always in fashion in my oppinion, trends are gay. lol.

Jigz man, I love that you posted in this. I love skater style too. Just recently, I think that it is very trendy and funky. I love that!

Hahahaha! My little bro and his mates are what he calls "Scene". (oh my god, totally out of the youth lingo!) Thats where you see all these mosher/punk/skater/wonky hair crews walking about the triangle in manc city centre. They always wear a little skull and crossbones scarf, and wear little pumps and drain pipe jeans. Pink hair is optional.

Its mad, but I wish they had that when I was a kid, I'd have thrown myself right into it! I think it's ace! Totally better than the sprayway coat I was sporting at 15.

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
* Should add.....

I like personal accessories. I have a real pearl necklace that was my great grandmothers, ive not worn it yet, but i might when I get married.
I do wear a broach sometimes which my dad bought for my mum when they were younger......stuff like that is lovely.

I usually play it safe for old skool nights however! lol, black dress is always a winner.

I guess I just like what I like and go for it. Berrets are a winner for winter I reckon :D

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
you may all be shocked by this.........Lozzie's mention of 'mosher' just made me think about my old goth days..........heres fashion disaster a la age 15 Amy - :cool:

icebabyuk_3201554.jpg

amymars said:
Berrets are a winner for winter I reckon :D

Oh my god! I bum my berret! I love it! I can't wait till it gets cold enough for me to wear it without my head turning into a sweat blob! I'm also trying to find a cocktail hat. Like the small sidewards sitting veriety, poss with a little netting on. But this is proving hard to find. I'm also investing a bowler hat before I go to Ibiza. I just know I can totally rock it. I bum hats!

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Beach bum surfer chick meets 50's Hollywood starlet meets Geog teacher on annual feild trip meets Blondie circa '81 meets John McEnroe in full retro 'didas. And thats just today, tomorrow could be totally different.

:)

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:D Clothes make me sooooo happy also! Typical Bird I guess....

However my style is my very own "S-J Style" :thumbsup:

I'm not no fashion victim I dont read magazines to see what the latest so called "cool" styles are! Half the time I think the "in" styles are shite and grim as fcuk! :rolleyes:

When I go shopping, I tend to go routing around down the back of the shop at the back of the shelves....

As long as it fits me, its off the wall, very random and and a little bit wrong... Different than all the rest...

Thats me! Sorted!!! :thumbsup:

S-J x :love:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Women have so many unexploited styles of clothing it's unreal. I'd be one hip chick if I could get away with wearing womens clothes in public:)

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Jiglo said:
Don't say art students dress differently than say economics students?:)

all my mates dress like proper scallies, paul n shark, nike 110'sw etc. To them because I wear adidas sneaks and things like that means i dress like a student lol

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Lozzie said:
Amy, the goth is going to be huge this winter. I think it's totally stylish aswell. I love black nail varnish anyway. Dark eye's red lips etc.

I don't think you look too bad anyway. I was a total scally in my younger years, there is nothing worse than that!

dark eyes are a must. I do dark eyes every day but they get very dark in winter and for nights out! hehe.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Clones aren't they?

So many people wear plain white trainers nowadays that it's the equivalent of wearing a bowler hat in the city of a bygone era.

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Jiglo said:
Women have so many unexploited styles of clothing it's unreal. I'd be one hip chick if I could get away with wearing womens clothes in public:)

lol I love being a bird Jiggz!!! Its mint!!!

If its different and can blow the face off somebody well thats my style!

I love my hats, scarves, ties, shoes, Esp. my very big Boot collection.... :thumbsup:

But at the end of the day, its not what you've got its how you wear it!

Hope your well hun!

S-J x :love:

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Jesus, fook knows, lol! :S I wear whatever i think looks alright on me, i dont follow fashion, cant be arsed with wearing 'the newest black' etc etc etc , i just go shopping and whatever i see (if it looks alright on me) i buy. :cool: