Los Leg-endos reunionos. 4th Aug 06

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Ive never started a review, and Ive not been out for ages really, so I thought I'd start with a review...

First and foremost, bloody lovely to see so many out...INCLUDING BUBBLES AND LEE (Katy and Rabbit city) that was an ace suprise. Also TP Text, who had recently has returned from his jet setting. And to all the people who really did travel far (Silky and Shooms) You guys have got more energy than me for that!!!! Nice to meet Shabs little sister, who is just as cool as she. I really was buzzing to see everyone. It really was everyone, barring a couple of absentees.

The heat though, I have never in my life been anywhere so hot EVER! Standing still and slowing your heart rate down to a beat per minute would not even help, because u'd still be sweating, even with minimal excertion. Why aswell, did the bouncers shut the doors, then open them, then shut them again after ten minutes??? Although the door staff, were among the nicest and fairest I've encountered. So points for that.

If you have never been to Legends at this club, it sort of reminded me of a scout hut in the main room, only with a bar (we didn't have that at Brownies), the sound rig was good though, nice and loud and clear.
The drinks prices were quite expensive though...I don't think they're ever that busy...according to a friendly bouncer. It was just legends was in...I think sorting their drinks prices out could help...lol

The crowd was really friendly, soaking wet (from sweat-not nice when a burleigh bloke slimes past u, and soaks you with his sweat sodden polo shirt) and deffo up for a good night. I didn't see any arseyness at all. The crowd was mainly older than I was...it was good to sample some of what Legends was...:D

The tunes were just awesome too. There were tunes played that I now view in a different light, after hearing them out of their predictable settings. I don't know what the names are, so don't ask. But there was deffinately somthing for everyone. The sets had been carefully planned so that they were all working properly (if that makes any sense at all!) There was a shit load of tunes...I'd never heard, this I liked...ALOT! Also mixed up with a few unexpected non-anthems (tunes every1 knows, and loves, but not played alot at all). Everyone was dancing! Put it this way, I'm not really into Italo, and much prefer the bleepy, squelch of a juicy bit of acid etc. Vee on the other hand, loves Italo...with all it's cheesey charm. We were both satisfied, and were dancing and far from offended and the good and original mix of tunes.

So thats my review...only thanking god, that we weren't in the heat wave still, I'd have died. Instead I think I've lost about 2 stones!!! LOLOL

Ace Ace Ace...totally better than the Boxing day one! Cheers to all who made it, promoters and attendees!

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
When we got there, I thought the downstairs was the only room!!! lol.

Upstairs the atmosphere and tunes were good and it was waaaaaaay hotter than what I thought was hot downstairs!!!!

Nice to meet Rabbit City, Bubbles. Shabba's sister who I have met before I think. Good to see Lozzie, Veee, Superdan, Woody, Silky (admire ya for havin to come such a long way to paaaaaarrrrrrrrtaaaaaaay!), Shabba, Sweet, Pauly P, VA, NS, Pissbag, Lou Lou, Tall Paul, PepeLePew, Jiglo, Lora, Quey and anyone else I forgot..... sorry!! :D

Oh, and I'm editing this coz I forgot shooms, ILP, Amymars and most of all, I forgot butty..... sorry :$ :love:

xx

Last edited:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Legends - the official old skool sauna.

Erm, apart from the sweat, and some random stalker I had a lovely time :D

Nice to meet people I havn't met before :D :wave: As it always is. Merci to ILP for the lift, and well done Lora for bringing a fan! I'd have paid you a tenner for it at the time.....which also seemed like a lot at the time :p

Didn't know many tunes, but it all adds to experience doesnt it?!

all in all twas a goodie :)

heres my pics ;)

http://manchester.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026662&l=9d17e&id=61407650

can i just add that nobody is ever up for having their picture taken?!!?! gets me down :cry:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Shooms said:
For those that hadn't read it before a diary article about Legends back in'tday..

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/story/0,,1150752,00.html

:D

good article there Shoomie :thumbsup:

bits that particularly made me chuckle / smile

massaging each other with ice cubes. The air was thick with eucalyptus and protestations of undying love, :D
I blithely hopped into the back of a Ford Fiesta. lol, people were always just jumping into randoms cars/ randoms jumping into yours , at the drop of a hat :D
bubble jackets and fishermen's hats Naf Naf :D
fantasising about Italian house. The smell of Vicks and the sound of horns. The summer of 1990.' awww
motorway service stations :love:
The McDonald's drive-through on Winwick Road road banned the club crowd after we spent a month of Sundays gurning at lorry drivers over one deeeeelicious milkshake lol, LFE services barred everyone eventually too :|
'kiting' lol.. now theres a phrase I've not heard bandied around for a good while, and reminds me of a certain shady individual back home..
the 'heads', the dole-fed thrill seekers who partied long into Monday and beyond lol... Thursdays was Magistrates court day/ D-Day so this brought back lots of memories of the 'get outta court, pick up the giro then get trashed' crew :S Thursdays were always beserk as fook down t'pub :$ :D :love:
Went into Manchester to get those new Fila boots which all the girls are wearing lmao...oh how I used to love mine, and remember going on a huge hunt for them :love: :D :thumbsup:

I like that article, wouldnt mind having a read of her book.. anyone ever read it?

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Had a fantastic night :D

The tunes were amazing and the crowd were too! The atmosphere was great, no dodgy peeps, everyone just enjoying the music. ....but how feckin hot was it!??! You know youve had a good night when ya hair starts to curl :D and christ mine was a mess by the end of the night. :cops:

Me n Neil were the 3rd n 4th peeps in there lol, neil had his notebook n pen at the ready for some ID's lol :cops: As the room upstairs filled up the heat started to get to us all, so by about 10ish we were making our way downstairs where it was a tad cooler, although that was to change later in the night lol . There was a great turnout by the osa krew :king: , Konspiracy, Jigilo, joker, northen star, pissbag, sweet, pauly p, Mart, butty, lil'sonz, lozzie, vee, superdan, woody, silky, shooms, shabba, lora, quey, ed_the_ball, Tall Paul, loulou, bubbles, rabbitcity, Ilovepiano, amymars and everyone else i cant remember atm. :cool: great to see you all again, its been a while. :thumbsup: Plenty of us dancing. ;) and you all looked like you were enjoying yourselfs. :fekked: ... and that piccie has got to be one of THE worst of me ever! lmao!! :fekked:

Ed_the_ball - Haha, i remember seeing you throughout the night dancing ya head off walking around the club grinning like a cheshire cat, but it was only as we were leaving that we found out it was you, top geezer anyway, nice to meet ya! :D

Many thanks to Jigilo for the lift there, cheers matey! :D .... and to ILP for the lift home, mucho appreciated! :thumbsup:

Such a shame that was the last reunion :cry: as i can honestly say that was one of the best nights ive had out this year, hats off to you. :thumbsup: I danced and grinned to feck all night! :D

Last edited:

noggy

Mar 6, 2005
helloooooooooo,got to say a masssive massive thanks to you lot for turning out im made up all of you took the effort to travel from near and afar,firstly the heat was always going to be a problem we got away with it in may and iwas already bracing myself for what was to come,wasnt happy with a few things in the club last night but thats for me to worry about,i enjoyed it a damm site better than the last 1,when we chose this venue it was for 1 reason only the rawness of it ,fuck all special no glitz and glam just a shithole as legends was, hence when trying to recreate a night from there its common sence to find somewhere fitting to how it was, as alot of people who used to go the club will know,musically i absoloutly love it when people say they dont know any of the records but realise that its old stuff but music they've never heard before,thats why legends is still legendary and i hope for those of you who came but never went to legends understand the fact that alot of the music played last night was unique to the club and that era and more importantly i hope its broadend your horizons as i can imagine alot of the oldskool nights do the same old thing so when i read the likes of lozzies review i can walk away a happy man it might not be everybodies cup of cha but its a legends thing and thats as it was like,again a massive massive thanks fo all for your support you lot helped to make it all possible respect to you all for your efforts hope we meet again:thumbsup:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
had a fookin wicked night, tune after tune after tune

Was well sweaty in there, absolutely amazing crowd . . . atmosphere was immense

Massive turn out from OSA loads of ppl out who i haven't seen in a while. Big thanks to woody for driving there and then attempting to drive back :thumbsup:

Jolly good mash up . . . still going strong :thumbsup: have decided to ring in sick on monday :D

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
What an absolutely super-duper-tip-topperty-choontastic night out that was! :D

Good to see so many peeps out, and great to meet a few for the first time too: Silky, Joker (about bleedin time lol), LouLou, and Pissbag

The only thing that kind of let it down was the intense heat. Jesus tap-dancing Christ, I've never been in such a hot club before in my life :| Kept having to go on that little landing bit on the stairs to get some air from the only window in the whole place, and was having a nightmare, coz evertime I went back in my glasses steamed up to fuck and I couldn't see shit! LMAO!! :rofl:

Tune of the night - 4 For Money - everyone went nuts!

Best random quote of the night - "Here's a tip for you... never piss on the coals in a sauna coz it fucking stinks" Courtesy of VA :D

lou-lou

Mar 28, 2004
Manchester
ilovepiano said:
Best random quote of the night - "Here's a tip for you... never piss on the coals in a sauna coz it fucking stinks" Courtesy of VA :D

thats class :D

had a good night even thou i had to drive, but didnt mind, wud have done anything to go out!
was soooooooooooooooooooo nice to see everyone!! not seen that many people out in a long time! :love:

amy, that pic of me is probably the worst ive ever seen! :cry: ...well that was the heat for ya!

lou-lou

Mar 28, 2004
Manchester
superdan said:
Jolly good mash up . . . still going strong :thumbsup: have decided to ring in sick on monday :D

im not supprised after the state u were still in when i left at 2 this afternoon. i dont think ive ever seen u so bad! lol! :cops:

Ed_the_ball

May 15, 2004
Chester
Shooms said:
Me you fucker !!! :p

Top top night - will post a proper review later... all I'm sayin Ed the Ball :king:

Uh oh :fekked: :eyebrow: Look forward to this ..... Nice too meet yer mon ... My heeds still a tad skew whiff atm .... Coming round with N/O/W - Late night tales .... Great to meet you bud ;)

LeeDJ

Dec 31, 2001
Bradford
Its nearly 24 hours on and I'm still sweating!

Ashamed to say that i could only hack 30 mins of Legends last night before having to leave due to the heat

Everyone else looked to be having an awsome time, for the breif time i was there it looked and sounded great

Atleast i can say i went :roll: hope everyone else had a safe & good night

Ed_the_ball

May 15, 2004
Chester
Saysay said:
Had a fantastic night :D

The tunes were amazing and the crowd were too! The atmosphere was great, no dodgy peeps, everyone just enjoying the music. ....but how feckin hot was it!??! You know youve had a good night when ya hair starts to curl :D and christ mine was a mess by the end of the night. :cops:

Me n Neil were the 3rd n 4th peeps in there lol, neil had his notebook n pen at the ready for some ID's lol :cops: As the room upstairs filled up the heat started to get to us all, so by about 10ish we were making our way downstairs where it was a tad cooler, although that was to change later in the night lol . There was a great turnout by the osa krew :king: , Konspiracy, Jigilo, joker, northen star, pissbag, sweet, pauly p, butty, lil'sonz, lozzie, vee, superdan, woody, silky, shooms, shabba, lora, quey, ed_the_ball, Tall Paul, loulou, bubbles, rabbitcity, Ilovepiano, amymars and everyone else i cant remember atm. :cool: great to see you all again, its been a while. :thumbsup: Plenty of us dancing. ;) and you all looked like you were enjoying yourselfs. :fekked: ... and that piccie has got to be one of THE worst of me ever! lmao!! :fekked:

Ed_the_ball - Haha, i remember seeing you throughout the night dancing ya head off walking around the club grinning like a cheshire cat, but it was only as we were leaving that we found out it was you, top geezer anyway, nice to meet ya! :D

Many thanks to Jigilo for the lift there, cheers matey! :D .... and to ILP for the lift home, mucho appreciated! :thumbsup:

Such a shame that was the last reunion :cry: as i can honestly say that was one of the best nights ive had out this year, hats off to you. :thumbsup: I danced and grinned to feck all night! :D

Thanks for stopping me i think it was on the stairs ??? Chuffed you all came over that was the first and last momemt were i was stood still for more than 2 minutes :bounce4: