Cheap printer ink.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
I have an Epson C46 printer and i have recently purchased some compatable ink.. I reckon its a big mistake cuz now my printer is printing crap! The thing is i never tried printing any pictures with the proppa Epson ink..Do they print well??? Please can any1 help, Thanks Ben.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i know myself that the cheapo jobbys cozt you more in the long run!!!

my mum bought one of those injector ink kits and what a load of shite, it went everywhere and like you said it was printing shite, like realy watered down and realy wet!!!!

from experiance your better off using the proper branded carts for your printer, bit expensive i know, but at least you know what your getting!!

i usually get compatible epson inks from here
http://www.mx2.co.uk/
but if i need one quick i go to my local 'staples' & get their own brand
never had any problems
tho' i wouldn't recommend those 'fill-up' kits nics is on about
ive never bought a original epson cartridge!

the money i save on inks i spend on decent paper
for general printing i use at least 120g/m laser paper
for photos i use HP premium plus 280g/m photo paper

its all about the paper! lol!

simzzzz

My advice is dont use Cheapo cartridges if you need Very good quality photographs as the colours are slightly off, especially the blacks they have a greenish tinge.Use the manufactures brand, but for quick printing like letters or stuff like that its ok :thumbsup:

I used to refill my own but the colours were shite so stopped, but after a while it knackers up ya ink nozzel either blocks it or the printing goes pixelated or lines thru.

if you are goin to buy some try www.cartridgemonkey.com its a UK web site with free delivery