Postal Charges Going Up

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
i personally think its not great and i know quite a few posties on the boards and most of them are lazy gits

service could defineatly be improved we had posties in northern ireland on strike for 3 weeks in feb :mad: and they had no need to be on strike :| and the unions paid there wages id like to go on strike from work but i wouldnt imagine getting paid :S

Billy Liar

Sep 15, 2003
Uckerschmuck
Postal Service charges

I think its a case of "not tarring with the same brush" myself.
True there is laziness in every walk of employment, its just apparant on here cos the service is used a great deal.
Good advice for having a word in the office managers ear if you can, or even better tell the postie, he's the bloke who knows.
As for the changes in charges, probably like our pay,they still lag at least thirty per cent behind average UK workers earnings, private sector or state, Union or non-union.
As for sending a letter from lands end to john o'wotsit for thirty pence takes the piss if you ask me.
So take in hand the % rise oncost of packets which ebayers/OldskoolRipoffVinylTwats want delivering, it shunt be sniffed at.
Regarding my initial comment,dont believe all you see on telly...and enjoy letting off ye guffs in the public domain...
"Posties" on BBC1 ...reyt load o wank.
Oh yeah mornin' any dole-itelazytwats.
OOh ye.
Love to all
Bill
:mexican: :mexican: :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Adi Wilson said:
Just done some research 4 ya all!!
price for sending 1 vinyl with stiffener inside first class was £1.29 new price from august 21st will be £1.70. Still cheap i reckon:D
hope this helps you all sleep tonight:mad:

:eek: That's pretty good really - I thought it was about 1.70 now :)

Looks like sellers on ebay have been ripping people us with postage costs before then:|

silocybe

Jun 17, 2003
france
suppose now ebay sellers will up the postage price thrice fold then and use an excuse such as "new postage charges =£5.00 for a vinyl" if its only gone up to £1.70 per vinyl then ive been gettin ripped for a while. Knock on effect i suppose , and the sellers can always use the "its post office charges" excuse , how i love capitalism ;)

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
Adi Wilson said:
Just done some research 4 ya all!!
price for sending 1 vinyl with stiffener inside first class was £1.29 new price from august 21st will be £1.70. Still cheap i reckon:D
hope this helps you all sleep tonight:mad:
Aye, but the tunes round about the £1.20 mark at the moment are light-as-feather Uk white labels. What about those bloody Belgian numbers that are made of brick?

...as long as they stay just 50p more expensive, I'll be happy enough

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Not sure if this should go in here, but maybe we could list people who bump postage, to avoid using them maybe ?

Seller - Magic Feet on music stack just sent me a record through and charged £4.10 postage (2nd fucking class, the ****!) 1 record, 1 stiffner, used mailer :cops:

Left the following negative feedback:

£4.10 Shipping, record arrived 2nd class postage for £1.39 - £2.71 greed.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
Shooms said:
As an aside I'm still waiting on birthday cards & parcels to be delivered since me bday on July 20th... bunch of snide-robbin arse imo :rolleyes: Never trust royal mail unless you send something special delivery.... only way to be sure imo...
now now shooms dont go blaming the posties for robbing ya prezzis n cards..................its coz ya got no mates really and nobody sent ya owt;) ;) :p :rofl::rofl:

only joking dearest:love: