Accents

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lottie

Apr 24, 2006
where ever i lay my hat ( straw one )
Accents ... dont you just love em ... or do you ?

you dont have to say which ones you dont like , not after a riot ! but want to know which accents you do like and can you do them ?

i love cockney accent
and no cant do it :thumbsup:
brummy accent makes me laugh
and no cant do it :thumbsup:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I have a Lancs accent, obviously- i don't think its that broad.

I like French accents on men, i find them very attractive. I don't really like any others apart from South Africa and Texan drawly type ones, but these are just for comedy value.

I do find Scottish, Irish and American to be very annoying.

:)

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
hmm. interesting thread this...
Really polarised by accents... some i think are ace, some i utterly detest...

Apologies in advance, but the worst fer me is broad scouser.
Like that geezer Mikey off BigBro... I can't work out what the fecker's saying & to me he sounds like a spaz.
Only possibly tolerable Liverpool accent is the drawly sort, like John Lennon.

Love Welsh accent though. Dead sexy on ladies.

Love really broad "Glesgae" n'all... a la "Still Game"

Love "proper" cockney...

Don't much care for Broad Brummie...

Don't much care for "Southern" Irish (Norn Iron is cool tho)

Hate "oo-arr moy luvver" West Country n'all...

That's aboot it for me i think :thumbsup:
Apologies to anyone I've offended, natch... :$

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Love a Stoke accent :thumbsup:
Also like : Manc, Scottish, Geordie, Irish (much prefer Northern Ireland tho..), dont mind mild scouse or cockney. Fairly fond of a Yorkshire twang too..

You dont really notice your own accent I suppose . I have the odd slip on odd words where I think '"Ooh, that sounded dead 'Leicester' ... whatever that is.." I recognise ours more by our slang though probably

Aceents / Local dialects fascinate me :thumbsup: :D Wish I could do more of them! :p

Broad Brummie accents really grate on me (sorry) :$ which is unfortunate, seeing as I live there.. :rolleyes:
Not madly keen on Welsh, American, Cornish , or any farmer-ish ones either

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
I hate the Cornish accent,

Love the Londoner Accent as im from there!!

Cant hack the real strong Manc & Liverpudlian Accents they all sound like they need to cough to get all that flem up!

:mad:

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Can't abide Strong Welsh or over emphasised Cockney al la that Maxwell tw*t who was on Big Brother the other year

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Danny C said:
Can't abide Strong Welsh or over emphasised Cockney al la that Maxwell tw*t who was on Big Brother the other year

Sarah that doesn't include you by the way!! (Before the torrent of abuse)

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Danny C said:

Im quoting you for your dog in costume signature pic, saw one earlier that made me laugh. How crazy's this?! Would really make you do a double-take if you saw it head-on , from the front view :S :rofl: :thumbsup:

Sorry, for mini-hijack :$ As you were......
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• dog2.JPG
    dog2.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 117

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
T.C said:
Im quoting you for your dog in costume signature pic, saw one earlier that made me laugh. How crazy's this?! Would really make you do a double-take if you saw it head-on , from the front view :S :rofl: :thumbsup:

Ha ha, Danny, i reckon we get one of the Yoda outfits for Boots, he'd love it, what d'ya reck!!:D

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
T.C said:

Ha ha thats quality, seen it before though someone sent me a whole raft of them on email!! would be funny head on!

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Shabba said:
Ha ha, Danny, i reckon we get one of the Yoda outfits for Boots, he'd love it, what d'ya reck!!:D

You've already traumatised the poor cat once with the glitter collar, this would push him over the edge!!

Saying that we could make a cape out of a sack, couple of cardboard ears and some green paint............:|

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
I work in a customer services type job so i get to speak to gen public all day long. I hate strong scottish accents as they are so hard to understand.

I love londoners accents and scouse blokes cos they just sound cheeky and ive never had a problem with a scouser!! honest, they never get nasty and are nice to talk too!! wierd!! :D

I have a slight manc accent but its not strong as i spent 18 years living in macclesfield so its mostly gone now, lol

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
A nice Scottish or French accent does it for me:love:

Saying that though, if I was well into a woman I wouldn't care if she sounded like Marge Simpson:eyebrow:

Captain

Jul 20, 2006
Belfast
www.nioldskool.co.uk
Amelie said:
I have a Lancs accent, obviously- i don't think its that broad.

I like French accents on men, i find them very attractive. I don't really like any others apart from South Africa and Texan drawly type ones, but these are just for comedy value.

I do find Scottish, Irish and American to be very annoying.

:)
What about someone from Northern I reland :wave: