What SHOULD you be able to do, but can't?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Ok this may show us up as a bit dim :D but seeing as I was whingeing in a post yesterday about not being able to raise only one eyebrow, and by rights, im sure its not actually that hard to do.. :$ What things are on your list? Come on, 'fess up! :D

my others are: :$

*Lace up trainers in the 'side to side' way, I can only do them in the 'criss-cross' way (if that makes sense) :crazy:

* Long Division on paper

* Cut cheese, or uncut loaves of bread, in a straight line

* Sniff through my left nostril without holding the right nostril closed manually (dont ask!)

* Open corned beef tins with those stupid bloody keys

* Sometimes I cant peel banana's properly either , they just kinda snap and squash everywhere . Mind you, I dont even like the bloody things so sod it, its not a skill I need :p

* Open those bloody microwave meal things without the plastic splintering into about 88 sodding pieces , whilst billowing steam scalds my mitts :rolleyes:

I'll get me coat...
outtahere.gif

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I can't whistle, i just make a silly noise and spit. I too can only raise both eyebrows at the same time, doing one is dead hard!

One thing i can do which others can't is spread all my toes out like a fan.

I also can't have a bath without washing my face, however hard i try i just have to!

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Lol i can't colour in without sticking my tongue out, and i hate, i repeat hate going over the lines.

:)

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Amelie said:
Lol i can't colour in without sticking my tongue out, and i hate, i repeat hate going over the lines.

:)

lmao, my mum used to stick her tongue out in concentration when she had a driving lesson, gripping the steering wheel in sheer panicked determination..but tongue lolloping out of her mouth. bless :D

Amelie said:
One thing i can do which others can't is spread all my toes out like a fan.

the toe thing... cant do that but I can cross my little toe over the one next to it without touching it, but only on one foot :confused: if i wanted to do it with the left one I'd have to cross it over manually . Not even sure how / why I know this! :confused: :$ :D

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
T.C said:
* Cut cheese, or uncut loaves of bread, in a straight line

* Open corned beef tins with those stupid bloody keys
outtahere.gif

Im left handed so i find it realy difficult to slice things up as i have to hold the knife a wierd sideways kind of way and i end up with food flying all round the kitchen or getting totally squashed.
Also I cant use can openers - i feel like im twisting hands round and round in a chinese burn styleeee when im trying to open them as i have to hold the can opener at the back of the tin , its weird ill try take a pic of how i have to hold it as its hard to describe, but if anyone else is a lefty youll understand what I mean.

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
MizzDeedz said:
Im left handed so i find it realy difficult to slice things up as i have to hold the knife a wierd sideways kind of way and i end up with food flying all round the kitchen or getting totally squashed.
Also I cant use can openers - i feel like im twisting hands round and round in a chinese burn styleeee when im trying to open them as i have to hold the can opener at the back of the tin , its weird ill try take a pic of how i have to hold it as its hard to describe, but if anyone else is a lefty youll understand what I mean.

I thought you lefties were well catered for nowadays , with loads of choice :( :eek:
we need a lefty-mail-order hunt mission for you :D

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
MizzDeedz said:

LMAO, why not just do it normally and twist with your right hand? ;)

I'm right handed, but I bet if someone gave me a left-handed tin opener I'd be able to use it! :p

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
MizzDeedz said:
if anyone else is a lefty

lol, for some reason , you saying lefty has made me think of the 'have you got an inny or an outy belly button ' :D
(in general, not just you I mean, lol)

and for the record, I am a righty and an inny :thumbsup: :D

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
ilovepiano said:
LMAO, why not just do it normally and twist with your right hand? ;)

I'm right handed, but I bet if someone gave me a left-handed tin opener I'd be able to use it! :p

I cant hun - i just cant hold the tin opener, it makes me feel like the tendons in my hand and wrist are twisting - i dont know how or why it just does and it hurts :cry: - i just buy cans with ring pulls now - much easier :thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
One thing I should be able to do but can't is remember my Dad's birthday. I can NEVER remember if it's the 20th or 22nd of Jan, and every year I have to ask my mum... :S After all these years, it's just not funny any more. :|

I'm a righty and an inny btw :thumbsup:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Ive got that m8 as well, I cant remem my mums:$
I know its in september lol, so I normally ring her n ask her at the start of september

I had a word wi me nan about it a few months back n she told me the date so Ive made progress after 25 years of forgettin it and its now in my calender.:thumbsup:

Theres no excuse for it really is there. Mind you I remem my dads cos his is on crimbo day!

Its like not knowing ya mams home phone number not knowing ya mams birthday:$

ilovepiano said:
One thing I should be able to do but can't is remember my Dad's birthday. I can NEVER remember if it's the 20th or 22nd of Jan, and every year I have to ask my mum... :S After all these years, it's just not funny any more. :|

I'm a righty and an inny btw :thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
ste huxley said:
Its like not knowing ya mams home phone number not knowing ya mams birthday:$

i'd say most people hardly know any phone numbers off by heart these days :S too tempting to just type it into your mobile and take no notice !